No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: Posco] #6551076
06/07/19 01:00 PM
06/07/19 01:00 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Originally Posted by Posco
Most American church denominations have been dead for years as far as preaching the gospel goes, they've become little more than places where people meet for social functions. Liberalism infects everything.

Not out in the sticks in Ks yet, at least where I'm at. The problem here is the kids all leave and go to the liberal indoctination centers (cities) and us oldies are dying off. We have a good pastor, with a good mix of law and gospel, but too many are leaving in a box!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: pcr2] #6551090
06/07/19 01:44 PM
06/07/19 01:44 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Originally Posted by pcr2
i'm very dissappointed in organized religion anymore.

Many people care more about following the direction of their organized religion than following what they know in their hearts from reading the Bible. They are much like Americans who care more about their party than The United States of America.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: gryhkl] #6551139
06/07/19 03:47 PM
06/07/19 03:47 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by gryhkl
Originally Posted by pcr2
i'm very dissappointed in organized religion anymore.

Many people care more about following the direction of their organized religion than following what they know in their hearts from reading the Bible. They are much like Americans who care more about their party than The United States of America.

You're absolutely right. There are still a very few trappers, who support the democrats, because they have been long term democrat supporters, even though the democrats have become the party of insane, overly emotional, animal rights weirdos, gun grabbers, anti trappers, anti fishermen, anti hunters and anti Americans. As you have pointed out, it is extremely foolish for any trapper to care about the democrat party, more than America. Since the Republicans support us and are the only other viable choice, all trappers need to unite behind them.

Keith

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6551140
06/07/19 03:50 PM
06/07/19 03:50 PM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
x2

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6551150
06/07/19 04:20 PM
06/07/19 04:20 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
I sure don't support the dems. I wish there was still a republican party to support though.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: Posco] #6551213
06/07/19 06:41 PM
06/07/19 06:41 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline OP
trapper
brianmall  Offline OP
trapper
B

Indiana
Most American church denominations have been dead for years as far as preaching the gospel goes, they've become little more than places where people meet for social functions. Liberalism infects everything.

Yup

Most in any church can't even explain what makes them Christian nor why they are. So much so that now the "true Christians" are those who support homosexuality and abortion! Everyone else that believes the Bible is a bigot.

Last edited by brianmall; 06/07/19 06:41 PM.
Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6551214
06/07/19 06:43 PM
06/07/19 06:43 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline OP
trapper
brianmall  Offline OP
trapper
B

Indiana
So anyway

How is this going in the Methodist Church? Heard they were gearing up for a split and a fight in court on who is keeping properties.?

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6551270
06/07/19 08:25 PM
06/07/19 08:25 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
We have a good pastor, with a good mix of law and gospel...

I'm not sure what you mean by that, Lee.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6551276
06/07/19 08:36 PM
06/07/19 08:36 PM
Hot Springs SD
L
Larry Bowden Offline
trapper
Larry Bowden  Offline
trapper
L

Hot Springs SD
Keithc is right on. For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone who is an American and cares about this country and the future of our children and grandchildren could cast a vote for any liberal or their extreme anti American policies.

Western SD Fur Harvesters, SDTA, NTA, FTA and life member of NRA. Cancer survivor (7 years) and still fighting it.
Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6551333
06/07/19 10:18 PM
06/07/19 10:18 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Funny this subject came up. I was just talking the other day about how I have never heard a sermon on the evils of abortion or even a sermon on "if you don't work, you don't eat." Two things which are a heavy burden on society today. I know Jesus didn't come to condemn but I also know that He didn't shy away from the consequences of disobedience. Good for that Methodist pastor.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: Posco] #6551347
06/07/19 10:30 PM
06/07/19 10:30 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Online content
trapper
bucksnbears  Online Content
trapper
B

western mn

Amen!! ( Pun intended)
Church is now a place people go to judge each other.

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6551368
06/07/19 11:01 PM
06/07/19 11:01 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
The church has left most people!,...more so in urban areas.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6551484
06/08/19 08:14 AM
06/08/19 08:14 AM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
As for me and my house - we will serve the Lord. I have a handbook for life and eternal life. Jesus died and rose again. My sins are forgiven. God created me, lives in me, and flows through me. I serve a triune God - God the Father, God His Son - Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. God desires a relationship with each of you and is very real. Test him and see.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6551535
06/08/19 09:30 AM
06/08/19 09:30 AM
KY
P
Pawbracelets7 Offline
trapper
Pawbracelets7  Offline
trapper
P

KY
The religion of prosperity and "feelings" have over taken America's mainstream churches. If you're prosperous or successful then God must be happy with you. I guess that leaves a lot of the Bible's men and women out of God's good graces as most were folk that had little of this world's goods or riches. Jesus Himself had little as far as worldly things. At one time He must have possessed the tools of His trade. But what does the Creator of all really need? God's word isn't meant to always be pleasing to our flesh and yet that is what so many base their experience with God on. Being a child isn't all sunshine and skittles. Step out of line and there are consequences, from loss of privileges to corporal punishment. Real Christian faith is no different. Going to church and hearing real preaching sometimes isn't a comfortable experience if you're honest with yourself and God. Of course those really interested in serving and believing look forward to these sermons as it is a reminder that we are all fallen and need guidance from our Heavenly Father. Today's society of "easy believism" only wants to hear what feels good or what fits their personal agenda. Same as an untrained child, "I want what I want!" or "I want what feels good." Instructions are put on things to make them safe to use or to guide folks in their proper use. That is what God's Word is, the book of instructions on how to live. Ecclesiastes 12:13 says," Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." That verse alone would clear up a whole lot of what's went sideways in America. New age, politically correct, don't offend anyone preaching isn't working. The old paths that even Non-believers used to walk is what made our country great. In the mid-1800's Alexis de Tocquelle said," If America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." God help us.

Darkness flees in the presence of light. Jesus Christ, lighting the way for over 2000 years.
Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6551562
06/08/19 10:37 AM
06/08/19 10:37 AM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
Originally Posted by brianmall

Independent fundamental here.

^^YEP...pretty much the only denomination where truths of the Bible are preached....and have Godly programs for kids, like Blue Denim and Lace for girls and Boys Battalion for boys. Girls learn to cook, computers, sew, garden, crochet, macramé, etc,,,,,,and boys learn to change oil in vehicles, clean gutters, computer use, mow lawns, repair mowers and cars, put up a tent, build a campfire, tend livestock, etc, etc

Sadly most Americans want a "feel good, rock n roll, social free for all" church and don't want The Truth, because it could crimp their lives. Sadly, they will never get saved and go to Heaven.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: ] #6551567
06/08/19 10:47 AM
06/08/19 10:47 AM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
Originally Posted by J Staton
I have never heard a sermon on the evils of abortion or even a sermon on "if you don't work, you don't eat." .

Then Sir, I'd say you have not ever heard true preaching......and urge you to seek it.

It is usually hard for us, as the men, leaders of the family, to leave a church the family likes, to find a "truthful" church.

We must ask ourselves, "whats in my families best interest?"

Bottomline…….if the preaching isn't stepping on folks toes, it is NOT preaching.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: Fisher Man] #6551568
06/08/19 10:51 AM
06/08/19 10:51 AM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
Originally Posted by Fisherman
The UMC is holding a conference in St.Louis soon to decide what the church position will be toward Gay marriage..

They need a conference to decide what the Bible says? What a joke! But I'm not surprised.

It's cut and dried, an "abomination", and we are to hate the sin, NOT the sinner, And are directed to guide them to Salvation. I've seen a few get saved and become heterosexual, once they let God work in them.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: traprjohn] #6551581
06/08/19 11:38 AM
06/08/19 11:38 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by traprjohn
Originally Posted by J Staton
I have never heard a sermon on the evils of abortion or even a sermon on "if you don't work, you don't eat." .

Then Sir, I'd say you have not ever heard true preaching......and urge you to seek it.

It is usually hard for us, as the men, leaders of the family, to leave a church the family likes, to find a "truthful" church.

We must ask ourselves, "whats in my families best interest?"

Bottomline…….if the preaching isn't stepping on folks toes, it is NOT preaching.

Now don't get me wrong traprjohn I've heard plenty of sermons on the consequences of sin, just not on these two particular sins. This is strange to me in that this two particular sins are so front and center in today's world. We have a new preacher at church and it seems to me he won't be afraid to step on toes. Time will tell since he has only been preaching for about two weeks. Love a sermon that steps on toes because it's a sign that Truth is being preached.

Last edited by J Staton; 06/08/19 11:39 AM.
Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6551604
06/08/19 12:47 PM
06/08/19 12:47 PM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
Glad to say our preacher stays in the bible and teaches truth, he's not afraid of hurting feelings if it's in line with God's word. Never heard him preach something that couldn't be backed up by the word

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6551609
06/08/19 01:00 PM
06/08/19 01:00 PM
Western Illinois
#
#11 Offline
trapper
#11  Offline
trapper
#

Western Illinois
Let me tell you the other side of the coin. In today's society, most people who consider themselves to be Christians don't want to REALLY here the Word. There is a very small remnant that want to hear the truth. I should know, I'm an ordained Baptist preacher that is known in this area for preaching it "straight down the row" directly from the Word. Churches in this area that have a preacher like that seldom if ever grow. Show me a church in this area that is growing by leaps and bounds and I'll show you a social club that receives weak preaching. Too many that call themselves "Christians" now days want nothing to do with the Cross, the cost of discipleship, obedient living, showing Mercy to the less fortunate or truly having a relationship with Jesus Christ. When we as a nation continue to kill millions of unborn children via abortion and make light of and even support homosexuality and adultery, how can we even think God is going to Bless us as a nation?

Last edited by #11; 06/08/19 01:02 PM.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread