No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6552482
06/10/19 06:58 AM
06/10/19 06:58 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Mac you are not thirsty enough. I cannot give you what I have found but by living my life in a way that models Christ I can make you question what I have that you have missed. A relationship requires two participants. Look into James 4 and it will show what I am saying. I don't want one person to not be in Heaven someday. God desires that even more. Your mockery of Christ and his followers will not get you there but I have seen several just like you come to repentance. I do believe that when non believers look and comment on a Christian thread that they are looking for answers. I say that because my own life experiences tell me that if I am not interested in something I don't waste time looking. Hope you have a thought filled day and that the Spirit will move on you today in a life changing way in Jesus Name. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6552503
06/10/19 07:49 AM
06/10/19 07:49 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I grew up Methodist but hadn't been to a UMC in quite a while until recently.... Donna and I attended with my mother in the Tampa area.
The message was straight from the Word but the average age listening to it that service was > 75 years old.

Mark

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: bowhunter27295] #6552514
06/10/19 08:14 AM
06/10/19 08:14 AM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
IMHO, the Methodists and any other denomination that condones or accepts the choice of homosexuality, is not a Christian religion. By the Bible, it can never be.

You would think that God would accept all people for who they are. God brought these people into the world and yes are different but those people maybe be believers and are followers of Christ. Why shouldn't God and the church not accept them??
I don't agree with their lifestyle and who they are but I don't condemn them for who they are and I would think God and the Christian Church would be the same.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: KeithC] #6552522
06/10/19 08:29 AM
06/10/19 08:29 AM
KY
P
Pawbracelets7 Offline
trapper
Pawbracelets7  Offline
trapper
P

KY

Originally Posted by KeithC
Have any of you, who are very religious Trapperman members, ever had yourselves tested to see if you have Vesicular monoamine transporter 2, which comes from a gene that makes people religious followers?

Keith

Yes I have. Daily. Everyday I'm tested as to how, what, and why I react to the situations life has when dealing with others as well as myself. Sometimes my old spirit wins and sometimes my new spirit. Paul wrote in Romans 7:19," For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do." Faith in Jesus Christ is not based on feelings, but rather a conscious choice that our inherit Adamic nature leaves us without recourse and in need of a Savior. Humans left only to serve their selves don't do well. This is being played out in front of our very eyes on a daily basis. Histories of other countries that served man rather than God were wanton and destructive even to their own citizens. A life grounded in the Bible, lived with devotion and conviction, with an attitude of servitude towards others and not self, is the life God intended for us. These are choices not based on feelings as our nature is to be self serving, but rather these are choices based on conviction of belief.

Darkness flees in the presence of light. Jesus Christ, lighting the way for over 2000 years.
Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6552548
06/10/19 09:19 AM
06/10/19 09:19 AM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
My understanding people are born that way it isn't by choice. God created them so now he doesn't accept them for who they are??? I would guess there are millions classified and labeled that but are believers and follow Christ better then the ones that think are saints. I have a hard time believing God doesn't accept these souls.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6552564
06/10/19 10:13 AM
06/10/19 10:13 AM
nunya,ks
T
tbn Offline
trapper
tbn  Offline
trapper
T

nunya,ks
Snowy, I believe some are and many aren't. Besides ours lives and God's creation,the miracle of birth,is about reproduction. Two same sex individuals simply cannot carry on life or reproduce. Thus meaning,he created Adam, and Eve, to go on and multiply. Everything about same sex couples is wrong. We simply did not start that way. I furthermore believe all life is,is a test. We are given choices and will be judged by our choices when that time arrives.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6552565
06/10/19 10:17 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
From the amount of stone throwing going on, I would have to guess that there are many more who are without sin than I would have ever believed.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6552566
KY
P
Pawbracelets7 Offline
trapper
Pawbracelets7  Offline
trapper
P

KY
As a father of three daughters and a grandfather of 7 grandsons, I was and do have to carry out the most unpleasant part of parenting: instruction and punishment. When a child refuses to follow instructions or acts out in a way that isn't respectful to his/her parents, then punishment must be applied whether through loss of privileges or corporeal. We as adults are held by laws that are intended to keep us safe and from harm, such as speed limits, etc. Indifference to these laws result in punishment through fines or imprisonment. This also is to act as a determent for others not to follow in the law breakers conduct. God is not slack as some men are when it comes to His commandments. We all complain when a bad guy slips through the cracks and gets away with doing something bad by using a loophole in the law. Politicians work up the lower income or slackers by pointing out that the rich don't pay enough taxes and are stealing the poor's privileges. They are working on a basic human instinct, we all want justice or fairness as WE see it in relation to what WE perceive. Yet when God's word says that homosexuality or adultery or stealing or lying or other bad behavior is against His law and detrimental to our health (Aids, STDs), our families (drug babies, divorced families, juvenile delinquents), and our society (over crowded prisons, muggings, murders, etc.), then folks start to question why God or "religious zealots" spew hate or discrimination. A good father has no hate or discrimination against his child when correcting bad or wrong behavior. Neither has God. His mandates were written in His word so we'd have a guide to live by. God accepts all that comes unto Him with belief in Jesus Christ. That is His requirement, belief in Jesus, no more, no less. By really believing, you accept His word as infallible and complete. By not believing a person openly and freely rejects God. Their choice. Christ stands at the door and knocks. He doesn't kick it in or demand. He knocks, like a patient visitor, waiting to be allowed in. People are born with many things they can't choose; eye color, facial features, amount of toes or fingers or lack there of. But we have the choice of what direction our lives take if we live long enough to be adults, even in dire situations. The choice of sin (or as the world puts it love, human condition, etc.) is no different than liking F-150s, Chevy Silverado's, Ram 1500s, or a Datsun 620s. They're all trucks. Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry or all three, they're all flavors. But choosing the same sex as a spouse is not natural or something you are born with, its a choice, the same as taking something that is not yours to take.

Darkness flees in the presence of light. Jesus Christ, lighting the way for over 2000 years.
Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: snowy] #6552567
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by snowy
My understanding people are born that way it isn't by choice. God created them so now he doesn't accept them for who they are??? I would guess there are millions classified and labeled that but are believers and follow Christ better then the ones that think are saints. I have a hard time believing God doesn't accept these souls.

You strike me as a very kindhearted soul, snowy. I trust you are. From a biblical perspective, every human being that walks or who has ever walked the planet in their natural state is under the condemnation of God. Every human being that walks the planet can also be saved from that condemnation and that includes homosexuals.

I've never been in a church that would shun a homosexual if that person were looking to get right with God.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6552572
06/10/19 10:30 AM
06/10/19 10:30 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
If one thinks of part of the church's function is to be a sort of hospital for sinners, a church pew may be the perfect place for all sinners. If you believe their behavior is a sin, we should welcome them in any house of worship.
He/she may have to be ok sitting next to a guy who cheats on his taxes, drinks too much, or fools around on his wife though.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6552575
06/10/19 10:33 AM
06/10/19 10:33 AM
nunya,ks
T
tbn Offline
trapper
tbn  Offline
trapper
T

nunya,ks
Wait until people want to start marrying their pets,animals have more rights now than we do so it is likely a matter of time.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: bowhunter27295] #6552584
06/10/19 11:00 AM
06/10/19 11:00 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Originally Posted by gryhkl
If one thinks of part of the church's function is to be a sort of hospital for sinners, a church pew may be the perfect place for all sinners. If you believe their behavior is a sin, we should welcome them in any house of worship.
He/she may have to be ok sitting next to a guy who cheats on his taxes, drinks too much, or fools around on his wife though.

The Bible does address those issues you cite. All sin is not pleasing in GOD's sight.

However this thread speaks of homosexuality and what is said in the Bible about it and how it is affecting the Methodist church.

Perhaps you should go start a thread about the unrighteousness of drunkenness or greed or adultery. Those all carry the same punishments.

So if you choose to comment on this thread, I would suggest reading the OP's first post on this thread to better focus your comments. That way you won't look so scatter brained.

Holy smokes bowhunter, you ain't bin pay no attention to most of the posts on this thread have ya? The post you whine about addresses homosexuality and asks why some can believe themselves in a position to point out the sins of some while believe(pretending) their own sins are to be overlooked.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6552598
06/10/19 11:25 AM
06/10/19 11:25 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
I did. It made me question about your reading comprehension level. No offence intended but, pointing out that the homosexual sins are no better/worse than the sins any poster may be guilty of himself-be he Methodist, baptist, non-affiliated heathen, etc...

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: bowhunter27295] #6552602
06/10/19 11:29 AM
06/10/19 11:29 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
I know we cannot judge anyone, but are you suggesting we should not go to our brother and speak with them about their actions?

"...why some can believe themselves in a position to point out the sins of some while believe(pretending) their own sins are to be overlooked..."

Do you read the same Bible I do?

If one practices the pointing out of a speck in the eye of another, he may first want to address the plank in his own eye.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6552619
06/10/19 11:54 AM
06/10/19 11:54 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Whatever happened to free speech or the right to say what I believe in America?

I don't agree with the lifestyle. As long as they are that way and it don't affect me, I'm good. Problem is, they aren't. They want to FORCE me to agree with them.

I read an article that the House passed a resolution that could potentially ban Christianity if Christians take a similar stance on the issue.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6552620
06/10/19 11:55 AM
06/10/19 11:55 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
bowhunter, I am not saying that at all. And, pointing out the hypocrisy of some is doing exactly what the Bible says in the verse you post above.

It's probably best to let the thread go back on course. Your post claiming one of mine is taking things in a different direction has done exactly what you are complaining about.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: Trapper7] #6552633
06/10/19 12:21 PM
06/10/19 12:21 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Originally Posted by Trapper7

I don't agree with the lifestyle. As long as they are that way and it don't affect me, I'm good. Problem is, they aren't. They want to FORCE me to agree with them.

I read an article that the House passed a resolution that could potentially ban Christianity if Christians take a similar stance on the issue.

I wish we never had to hear about what other, consenting adults do in their private lives. But if I was one who felt the need to be a member of an organized religion, I'd stay away from any who I felt ignored the teachings of Christ.

As for banning Christianity, I would doubt there is a better example of "fake news".

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6552682
06/10/19 02:04 PM
06/10/19 02:04 PM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
I thought the good book taught us not to judge. So, who is the church to say that God will not except or cant go to heaven. Maybe they are born that way or maybe not, it seems there is no science either way. So, now man and or church is playing God.

Last edited by snowy; 06/10/19 02:54 PM.

Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: gryhkl] #6552701
06/10/19 02:48 PM
06/10/19 02:48 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by gryhkl
Originally Posted by Trapper7

I wish we never had to hear about what other, consenting adults do in their private lives. But if I was one who felt the need to be a member of an organized religion, I'd stay away from any who I felt ignored the teachings of Christ.

As for banning Christianity, I would doubt there is a better example of "fake news".

"Legislation shall be passed which engenders love between men...There will be no compromises.. All churches who condemn us will be closed." Michael Swift, The Gay Manifesto.

The House has passed H.R.5 which the real goal has been stated by Swift some years ago. Churches or religious-based organizations will be FORCED under penalty of law to affirm the gay agenda or be shut down.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Methodist with back bone! [Re: brianmall] #6552740
06/10/19 04:39 PM
06/10/19 04:39 PM
KY
P
Pawbracelets7 Offline
trapper
Pawbracelets7  Offline
trapper
P

KY
Romans 1:1-32 and 2 Timothy 3:1-17. God said all this would come to pass before His return. Seeing an apple tree and calling it that is not judging, its common sense. That which will bring harm or cause strife to our homes and families should make us alarmed. These lifestyles that were frowned upon by and actually thought of as deviant and unbalanced 30 or 40yrs ago are being paraded in our children's faces and taught in schools as normal. Its not. We know that the "Disney" version of animals and how they interact with each other is false, homosexuality is not a natural occurrence. Its a perverted response to lust and deviant minds, as is a lot of what is coming out of Hollyweird, colleges, and liberal agendas. A lack of morals and principles that this country was founded on has allowed teaching that once was taboo to be taught with openness. By allowing an "anything goes" type of freedom, we've been made weaker as a nation. Young men who are sloped shoulder are the norm instead of the broad shouldered, rugged individuals our country was just one generation ago. Young men are afraid of being manly because of ridicule and retaliation from their more hipster counter parts. Young girls are prompted to be less feminine and more bold or brash. My grandmothers were both strong and bold yet knew how to be a lady. My grandfathers were both manly and kind. Yet the homosexual movement wants to stifle our young people by shaming them for not being All inclusive. There's certain things that shouldn't be welcomed in our homes. God's house should welcome the repentive who wants to change his/her life but not the unrepentive who wants only to push an agenda. Because a movie star or "learned" professor says something is normal or great doesn't make it so. A whole host of modern day problems can be traced back to the turning away from the old paths that God plainly laid out for us to walk. Jeremiah 6:16

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread