No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Camp competition [Re: vermontster] #6552638
06/10/19 12:30 PM
06/10/19 12:30 PM
vermont
V
vermontster Offline OP
trapper
vermontster  Offline OP
trapper
V

vermont
Ebsurveyor nice looking camp. Looks like a very peaceful place.

The bitterness of poor quality last a lot longer than the sweetness of low price
Re: Camp competition [Re: Posco] #6552657
06/10/19 01:01 PM
06/10/19 01:01 PM
sometimes PA sometimes ME
E
ebsurveyor Offline
trapper
ebsurveyor  Offline
trapper
E

Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by ebsurveyor
I just got home from "CAMP" and I'll be going "up to camp" in about two weeks.
[Linked Image]

That's a nice looking camp, looks cozy. Is that in the big woods or near town?

I moved in to town. My Big woods camp was OK for a few weeks, but now I'm in camp four or five months each year. Running water, cable TV & Internet, etc are nice. To many people nearby in the summer on weekends, but not many people around Sep thru May.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ebsurveyor; 06/10/19 01:08 PM.
Re: Camp competition [Re: vermontster] #6552663
06/10/19 01:09 PM
06/10/19 01:09 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
more shooting less cards.

3 shots you could still get lucky

20-40 rounds you start seeing what they are made of.

bring your own gun to keep costs manageable 22lr but make sure you shoot to some distance 100 yards they have to start calculating the wind in as well as drop.

if you have a good clay thrower , near , far , nearly strait up , and hard crossing

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Camp competition [Re: ebsurveyor] #6552669
06/10/19 01:24 PM
06/10/19 01:24 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook

I moved in to town. My Big woods camp was OK for a few weeks, but now I'm in camp four or five months each year. Running water, cable TV & Internet, etc are nice. To many people nearby in the summer on weekends, but not many people around Sep thru May.

I can totally appreciate that. I took this picture yesterday with you and some others in mind. A pic of my cabin still under construction. I have a house in town and some land less than ten miles from home where I'm building this. I hope to live in it one day soon. I took this pic on the far side of my pasture looking back toward the cabin. I captured this bear just a few yards from where I'm standing taking the pic. I can bait bear, trap, and bird/deer hunt just outside my door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPcNTR9bcqw

[Linked Image]

Re: Camp competition [Re: Cooncreek II] #6552676
06/10/19 01:57 PM
06/10/19 01:57 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by Munderf
We call ours a cabin, but our neighbors in Pa. ask us when are we coming to camp!

Yep. When I grew up in PA, our camp as well as others was never referred to as a cabin.

Re: Camp competition [Re: vermontster] #6552707
06/10/19 03:13 PM
06/10/19 03:13 PM
vermont
V
vermontster Offline OP
trapper
vermontster  Offline OP
trapper
V

vermont
Greencountypete good suggestions. I do have a good clay pigeon thrower I got it from the Orvis co. Shooting Range. I am always open to suggestions that’s why I posted it here. Also thought of making a wooden trophy to live at the winners camp until the next year. Also make a plaque with the year and winner names on a brass tag to stay with me at our camp. I am thinking it will be an annual event.

The bitterness of poor quality last a lot longer than the sweetness of low price
Re: Camp competition [Re: Posco] #6552750
06/10/19 05:05 PM
06/10/19 05:05 PM
E
ebsurveyor Offline
trapper
ebsurveyor  Offline
trapper
E

Originally Posted by Posco

I can totally appreciate that. I took this picture yesterday with you and some others in mind. A pic of my cabin still under construction. I have a house in town and some land less than ten miles from home where I'm building this. I hope to live in it one day soon. I took this pic on the far side of my pasture looking back toward the cabin. I captured this bear just a few yards from where I'm standing taking the pic. I can bait bear, trap, and bird/deer hunt just outside my door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPcNTR9bcqw

[Linked Image]

Looks good & nice bear. My camp on the lake has an occasional moose stop by & lots of deer in the winter. Fox, marten, mink and otter also stop by from time to time.

Re: Camp competition [Re: vermontster] #6552754
06/10/19 05:16 PM
06/10/19 05:16 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
22 silhouettes is a good sport if you have the space

place the
chickens at 40 meters
Pigs at 60 meters
Turkeys at 77 meters
Rams at 100 meters

shoot with standard velocity 22lr ammo

by the time you get to 100 meters your looking at 8 inches of drop approximately and a 10mph wind will blow you right off the target and you shoot the whole thing standing 40 rounds 10 at each distance.

you can get a set of the steel targets fairly reasonable it makes great practice for your free time.

with the clay is you can send them hard right or left and have them go into the trees before they slow down , the guy who brought the IC with can pop them quick , the guy who uses a mod for everything either dusts them or misses them.

have fun

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Camp competition [Re: vermontster] #6552791
06/10/19 06:02 PM
06/10/19 06:02 PM
E
ebsurveyor Offline
trapper
ebsurveyor  Offline
trapper
E

Originally Posted by vermontster
I have been working on plans for a poker/shooting competition between some of the nearby camps and ours. I am thinking of five shooting stations. Shotgun, rifles,pistols,muzzle loader and archery. Three shots at each station and also you take an envelope from a box at each station that contains a card for your poker hand. You would have to have a four person team and more than one shooter. Targets scored at the end and worth half your total the other half would be your poker hand. The cards are sealed in envelopes you can’t see them or open them until the end of the shooting competition. Then have a cookout. Anybody else do anything like this at your place?

We did Trap (as in trap shooting) & Horseshoes at the annual camp picnic.

Last edited by ebsurveyor; 06/10/19 06:02 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread