No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Why are Christians so mean? #6552784
06/10/19 05:56 PM
06/10/19 05:56 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,310
Maine
M
Mac Offline OP
trapper
Mac  Offline OP
trapper
M

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,310
Maine
https://redeeminggod.com/10-excuses-christians-give-for-treating-others-badly/
Why are Christians so mean? Here are 10 Excuses Church People Give for Treating Others Badly

Great article




Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6552792
06/10/19 06:02 PM
06/10/19 06:02 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 17,226
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 17,226
Central, SD
If they are mean are they really Christians then? If I stand in a garage that does not make me a car! LOL


Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6552794
06/10/19 06:07 PM
06/10/19 06:07 PM
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 156
Warren County, Pa
NoraSue Offline
trapper
NoraSue  Offline
trapper

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 156
Warren County, Pa
Those that call themselves Christians and treat people badly, are not living the way Christ taught us to live. We are to treat each other with Love, not judge. I am a Christian, that is to say I accepted God's free gift. I am NOT a church person. I have been a member of two different churches and now semi attend a third. I find that there is nothing that will put people off more than "CHURCH PEOPLE" Organized religion is nothing more that a click. They seem to want to make other people feel bad about themselves. That is not Biblical. Not all Christians treat people badly.

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Law Dog] #6552797
06/10/19 06:08 PM
06/10/19 06:08 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,310
Maine
M
Mac Offline OP
trapper
Mac  Offline OP
trapper
M

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,310
Maine
Originally Posted by Law Dog
If they are mean are they really Christians then? If I stand in a garage that does not make me a car! LOL


LOL




Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: NoraSue] #6552799
06/10/19 06:09 PM
06/10/19 06:09 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,310
Maine
M
Mac Offline OP
trapper
Mac  Offline OP
trapper
M

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,310
Maine
Originally Posted by NoraSue
Those that call themselves Christians and treat people badly, are not living the way Christ taught us to live. We are to treat each other with Love, not judge. I am a Christian, that is to say I accepted God's free gift. I am NOT a church person. I have been a member of two different churches and now semi attend a third. I find that there is nothing that will put people off more than "CHURCH PEOPLE" Organized religion is nothing more that a click. They seem to want to make other people feel bad about themselves. That is not Biblical. Not all Christians treat people badly.



Good post. Actually great post.




Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6552806
06/10/19 06:19 PM
06/10/19 06:19 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,374
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,374
Arkansas
So because I go to church I'm mean. Ok then......
Headed there now to do a little fishin'. Vacation Bible School this week. Maybe I'll jack slap a kid or two while I'm there. Lol.


Romans 8: 38-39
Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6552809
06/10/19 06:23 PM
06/10/19 06:23 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,642
SW PA
W
white marlin Online content
trapper
white marlin  Online Content
trapper
W

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,642
SW PA
why do some people single out Christians as hypocrites?

hypocrites come in all flavors...it's a nearly universal human condition...yet some only see it in Christians.

if you said to me you've never been hypocritical, I'd bet you're not being honest with yourself...

Last edited by white marlin; 06/10/19 06:28 PM.

"We didn't come all the way out here just to 'feel them on the line.' "
Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6552811
06/10/19 06:26 PM
06/10/19 06:26 PM
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 166
New Mexico, USA
K
Koss2005 Offline
trapper
Koss2005  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 166
New Mexico, USA
Mac, what is it exactly that your fishing for? You have four posts speaking of people passing judgement in some form and then you quote scripture about people passing judgement. Almost sounds like that's what you're doing.

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6552817
06/10/19 06:35 PM
06/10/19 06:35 PM
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,421
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,421
Northeast Oklahoma
Why is anybody mean?

Yes, Christians should know better. But to be honest, everyone should know better.

Mike


One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6552820
06/10/19 06:40 PM
06/10/19 06:40 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,161
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,161
PA
The country gets more hateful by the day. I suppose many Christians do as the country does. Many Christians are neither mean nor hateful. It is easy to find those that are if that's what you want to find.

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6552823
06/10/19 06:44 PM
06/10/19 06:44 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,623
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,623
Eastern Shore of Maryland
I don't think they are mean enough. A guy that works where the wife does caught a guy going through his bag at the gym. He beat the crap out of him and the punk pulls a knife and kills him. He should have stomped on the guys throat when he was down and killed the -


"Forgiveness".......because there is no Time Machine.

-Goofy-
Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: gryhkl] #6552829
06/10/19 06:50 PM
06/10/19 06:50 PM
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,421
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,421
Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by gryhkl
The country gets more hateful by the day. I suppose many Christians do as the country does. Many Christians are neither mean nor hateful. It is easy to find those that are if that's what you want to find.


Fear of loss makes people cranky.

Mike


One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Koss2005] #6552844
06/10/19 07:05 PM
06/10/19 07:05 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,310
Maine
M
Mac Offline OP
trapper
Mac  Offline OP
trapper
M

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,310
Maine
Originally Posted by Koss2005
Mac, what is it exactly that your fishing for? You have four posts speaking of people passing judgement in some form and then you quote scripture about people passing judgement. Almost sounds like that's what you're doing.



Really? Just curious about some things and how the masses think




Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mike in A-town] #6552846
06/10/19 07:06 PM
06/10/19 07:06 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,310
Maine
M
Mac Offline OP
trapper
Mac  Offline OP
trapper
M

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,310
Maine
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
Why is anybody mean?

Yes, Christians should know better. But to be honest, everyone should know better.

Mike



Agreed




Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: J Staton] #6552848
06/10/19 07:09 PM
06/10/19 07:09 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,310
Maine
M
Mac Offline OP
trapper
Mac  Offline OP
trapper
M

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,310
Maine
Originally Posted by J Staton
So because I go to church I'm mean. Ok then......
Headed there now to do a little fishin'. Vacation Bible School this week. Maybe I'll jack slap a kid or two while I'm there. Lol.


The article I shared does not say anything about all those that attend a church are mean. You did not read it, correct?
Please stop slapping children. It is not nice. Hopefully the LOL means you are kidding. But in my life time I have seen some Christians beat the tar out of their kids.




Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6552857
06/10/19 07:16 PM
06/10/19 07:16 PM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,606
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,606
montana
Well 62% of Americans claim to be Christian's
The fast growing religion in America is Islam or Muslim at 3.25 growth rate a year.

Sad to see ,to hear about, .
Mac the article you posted has merit ,,, thank you for posting it.
A reminder to be a doer of the word and not hearers only. Is always good.
Thank you


Kenneth schoening
Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6552879
06/10/19 07:36 PM
06/10/19 07:36 PM
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 536
PA
W
w side rd 151 Online content
trapper
w side rd 151  Online Content
trapper
W

Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 536
PA
We are all capable of being mean. And we all fail to what we know is right I t is not always about our religion. But is our human nature that we are born into this world with to do what we know we should not do

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6552880
06/10/19 07:36 PM
06/10/19 07:36 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,864
fayette,al.
G
grisseldog Offline
trapper
grisseldog  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,864
fayette,al.
Iv never met a mean Christian,
But I know a lot of unsaved Christian Haters..
Jesus said we will be Hated for His name sake...
Christianís are the most hated people in the world ,

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6552887
06/10/19 07:42 PM
06/10/19 07:42 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9,770
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9,770
Indiana
Lol

More like pride.

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: w side rd 151] #6552890
06/10/19 07:43 PM
06/10/19 07:43 PM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,957
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
trapper
Yes sir  Offline
trapper
Y

Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,957
Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by w side rd 151
We are all capable of being mean. And we all fail to what we know is right I t is not always about our religion. But is our human nature that we are born into this world with to do what we know we should not do

Truth right there. We all have fallen short and we all will make mistakes going forward

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread