No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6552897
06/10/19 07:48 PM
06/10/19 07:48 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
politicians and tax collectors are the most hated people in the world.

Christians remind me of charlie brown a lot. "why is everybody always pickin on me"

the meanness comes from a false sense of superiority. its that false sense of superiority that they use to justify telling everybody else how to live and who is worthy of worshipping their god

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: danny clifton] #6552911
06/10/19 08:10 PM
06/10/19 08:10 PM
Ashley county Ar.
B
boncoon Offline
trapper
boncoon  Offline
trapper
B

Ashley county Ar.
Just because you're a Christian doesn't you will live a perfect life, you will do and say things that you regret.

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: boncoon] #6552939
06/10/19 08:49 PM
06/10/19 08:49 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I think a lot of it for me boils down to the fact that many believe that "religion? which ever type or flavor you choose gets in the way of "spirituality". One is made made and the other God made.

The fact that we are born sinners does not mean we need to enroll in "how to be better sinners" or other advanced courses in hate and division.

Bryce

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: bblwi] #6552980
06/10/19 09:26 PM
06/10/19 09:26 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Originally Posted by bblwi
I think a lot of it for me boils down to the fact that many believe that "religion? which ever type or flavor you choose gets in the way of "spirituality". One is made made and the other God made.

The fact that we are born sinners does not mean we need to enroll in "how to be better sinners" or other advanced courses in hate and division.

Bryce

Could it be that Cristians are born sinners because they believe it because the bible says so ?? As an atheist I don't think I am a born sinner.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Law Dog] #6552982
06/10/19 09:27 PM
06/10/19 09:27 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
According to the Bible, true Christians are the "saved" and going to Heaven who've accepted Christ as their savior.
If they TRULY did that, it changes them, in a Godly, good way. Because now Christ's Spirit has come into our lives/hearts/minds and "tends" to change our lives forever.
THOSE folks aren't usually mean, because they are now patient, compassionate, caring, etc.
Saved Christians are NOT PERFECT, only Jesus Christ was sinless and perfect.
But the saved can "backslide" of course.
The saved are NO BETTER than anyone else, only going to heaven when we die.

Societies definition of "Christian" varies greatly, and does NOT follow the Bible, and tends to start with "believing in God", etc, etc. but does NOT require Salvation, accepting the Holy Spirit into our soul.
I'd wager THOSE "Christians" are the mean ones since they are not saved...and thus NOT truly Christians.

"Christian" translates to "Christ like" to begin with so a "mean" Christian is actually an oxymoron....and although not impossible, fairly improbable.

I have been saved nearly 30 yrs and have never known a "mean" Christian...…..BUT, I've certainly known "mean" un-saved folks who claimed to be Christians.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6552987
06/10/19 09:33 PM
06/10/19 09:33 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
My point is that one can be Patient, compassionate, caring, etc. Without being a Christian or have any affiliation with religions or gods as a whole.

Let's go Brandon

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6552996
06/10/19 09:47 PM
06/10/19 09:47 PM
Iowa
I
Iowagian Offline
trapper
Iowagian  Offline
trapper
I

Iowa
Is there something un Christian about being mean? Jesus could be pretty darn mean when he needed to be! Some people are just jackweeds and deserve to be treated as such.

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6553002
06/10/19 09:57 PM
06/10/19 09:57 PM
Hubbard , Ohio
H
Honeydog Offline
trapper
Honeydog  Offline
trapper
H

Hubbard , Ohio
What exactly is this meaness ? When I as a Christian say to a lbgtq person " I love you but I don't agree with your lifestyle " , the LGBT community goes ballistic and calls me mean and a hater. When I speak out against abortion, I'm accused of hating women. The hate is coming from the other side. I honestly don't hate anyone. The left is all for everyone being and saying anything UNLESS ... they you don't agree with them.

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Scuba1] #6553010
06/10/19 10:00 PM
06/10/19 10:00 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
Originally Posted by Scuba1
My point is that one can be Patient, compassionate, caring, etc. Without being a Christian or have any affiliation with religions or gods as a whole.

absolutely

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6553013
06/10/19 10:02 PM
06/10/19 10:02 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I wouldn't worry about it honey dog. if a queer shows up in a tou tou at a pot luck Baptist dinner he will get told off too. if an abortion rights advocate goes to a catholic ice cream social and tells the high school girls there abortion is not murder its the removal of cells only, she might get tarred and feathered.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Honeydog] #6553014
06/10/19 10:04 PM
06/10/19 10:04 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
Originally Posted by Honeydog
What exactly is this meaness ? When I as a Christian say to a lbgtq person " I love you but I don't agree with your lifestyle " , the LGBT community goes ballistic and calls me mean and a hater. When I speak out against abortion, I'm accused of hating women. The hate is coming from the other side. I honestly don't hate anyone. The left is all for everyone being and saying anything UNLESS ... they you don't agree with them.

true, and the Bible says Christians will be hated and chastised, etc...…..so all that fulfills scripture.

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6553016
06/10/19 10:05 PM
06/10/19 10:05 PM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by Mac
Originally Posted by J Staton
So because I go to church I'm mean. Ok then......
Headed there now to do a little fishin'. Vacation Bible School this week. Maybe I'll jack slap a kid or two while I'm there. Lol.

The article I shared does not say anything about all those that attend a church are mean. You did not read it, correct?
Please stop slapping children. It is not nice. Hopefully the LOL means you are kidding. But in my life time I have seen some Christians beat the tar out of their kids.

Wasn't referring to my kids but the kids attending VBS....and yes I was kidding.
Someone posted about " church people" and I thought they were implying these people were mean.
As far as judgmental goes, the Word is judgmental enough for me personally and am glad it is. Being a sinner just like every one else I'm in no place to judge, I'll leave that to the good Lord. To advise or scold my brother's and sister's in Christ when needed, I have no problem with. I also expect them to do the same for me when I step out of line.

James 1: 19-20
Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: danny clifton] #6553019
06/10/19 10:08 PM
06/10/19 10:08 PM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I wouldn't worry about it honey dog. if a queer shows up in a tou tou at a pot luck Baptist dinner he will get told off too. if an abortion rights advocate goes to a catholic ice cream social and tells the high school girls there abortion is not murder its the removal of cells only, she might get tarred and feathered.
Only if the guy in the tou tou doesn't bring a dish.

Last edited by J Staton; 06/10/19 10:09 PM.

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: traprjohn] #6553034
06/10/19 10:33 PM
06/10/19 10:33 PM
GA
C
canebrake Offline
trapper
canebrake  Offline
trapper
C

GA
Originally Posted by traprjohn
According to the Bible, true Christians are the "saved" and going to Heaven who've accepted Christ as their savior.
If they TRULY did that, it changes them, in a Godly, good way. Because now Christ's Spirit has come into our lives/hearts/minds and "tends" to change our lives forever.
THOSE folks aren't usually mean, because they are now patient, compassionate, caring, etc.
Saved Christians are NOT PERFECT, only Jesus Christ was sinless and perfect.
But the saved can "backslide" of course.
The saved are NO BETTER than anyone else, only going to heaven when we die.

Societies definition of "Christian" varies greatly, and does NOT follow the Bible, and tends to start with "believing in God", etc, etc. but does NOT require Salvation, accepting the Holy Spirit into our soul.
I'd wager THOSE "Christians" are the mean ones since they are not saved...and thus NOT truly Christians.

"Christian" translates to "Christ like" to begin with so a "mean" Christian is actually an oxymoron....and although not impossible, fairly improbable.

I have been saved nearly 30 yrs and have never known a "mean" Christian...…..BUT, I've certainly known "mean" un-saved folks who claimed to be Christians.

True believers can be "mean" and commit every sin that a lost person can and it's totally impossible to know whether a person is saved or lost because of his behavior. The NT is full of warnings and examples of Christians doing bad things. When a person believes in Christ they still have the fleshly sinful nature and will have it until the day they die. The choice is theirs whether to live in the flesh or the Spirit. Just remember that living in the flesh has consequences and disobedient children receive chastening.

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: danny clifton] #6553062
06/10/19 11:04 PM
06/10/19 11:04 PM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia

Christians remind me of charlie brown a lot. "why is everybody always pickin on me"

the meanness comes from a false sense of superiority. its that false sense of superiority that they use to justify telling everybody else how to live and who is worthy of worshipping their god

I've witnessed this one too many times..

I think most everything we humans tend to argue about (that turn into hate thanks to tribalistic mindsets) are just distractions.. so that the big men w the money can go on doing their thing without having to worry about the little poor men standing up to him. That's just me though.

Do good, be good, and treat people good & you'll be alright LOL.. Though I suppose "good" is relative

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6553066
06/10/19 11:10 PM
06/10/19 11:10 PM
Alpine NY
Rick Otts Offline
trapper
Rick Otts  Offline
trapper

Alpine NY
Any time someone says they are a Christian a little red light goes off in my head.

Rick Otts
Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Rick Otts] #6553091
06/11/19 12:07 AM
06/11/19 12:07 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
As the agnostic said to the atheist I admire your faith

Bryce

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6553143
06/11/19 06:51 AM
06/11/19 06:51 AM
NY
R
rendezvous Offline
trapper
rendezvous  Offline
trapper
R

NY
I'm a Christian, I'm not a "mean" person at all...

Let's go Brandon!
Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: Mac] #6553163
06/11/19 07:23 AM
06/11/19 07:23 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Mac I read your article and I urge you not to follow the teachings of this author. In the book he is advertising, "What Is He--", it states in the information about the book, "How you can rescue people who are in he--." This clearly is false doctrine with no biblical backing. Not judging, just stating the Truth in the bible.
Have a good day.

Last edited by J Staton; 06/11/19 07:25 AM.

Re: Why are Christians so mean? [Re: danny clifton] #6553177
06/11/19 07:46 AM
06/11/19 07:46 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee

Bingo. As long as christians think that everyone who does not worship their god is " lost " and has to be shown the "right way", "or saved" etc. the so called meanness will prevail.

Let's go Brandon

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread