No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553459
06/11/19 04:12 PM
06/11/19 04:12 PM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
I just wish the boss would put religion and preaching on the forum in the same category as politics.

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6553461
06/11/19 04:18 PM
06/11/19 04:18 PM
Texas
S
SUMROW Offline
trapper
SUMROW  Offline
trapper
S

Texas
Religion has been one of the major reasons for war throughout history and continues to be today. It is used to justify killing people, it is used to control and influence the masses by religious and political leaders. It has also become one of the biggest con jobs in history! The truth is it is for to easy to take advantage of people that have little else in their life to believe in. We all need something to believe in and hope for in our lives and it is easier for us to be told what we should believe than it is for us to find our own path and what is right or wrong. I doubt that any god would be happy with the results of religion in today's world.

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: Scuba1] #6553471
06/11/19 04:37 PM
06/11/19 04:37 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by Scuba1
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Doesn't sound like a Christian to me, after all Christians don't convert anybody, Christ does. Hence "imagined" persecution.

The lighthouse dudes clearly did not get that memo then. They peddle their version of christianity from door to door. Can anyone please let them know they are doing it wrong and stop that nonsense.

You mean the Johavah's witness? They are a cult, not Christian. Anyways, they don't covert anyone to their cult either, you have to choose to believe in it. If you refuse them, they don't knock down your door and force you into it.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: KeithC] #6553473
06/11/19 04:40 PM
06/11/19 04:40 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by KeithC

I sure am. I don't know the truth about God and believe that nobody else does either. I do believe that God is good, because most of his creations are good.

Keith

And what would a good God expect of people? You already said the whole point was to treat everyone as you want to be treated, which is good and is something Jesus said, but he didn't stop there. He claimed to be the only way to God. And none of us treat each other perfectly, so we all fail, even in that, so perhaps we do need saving.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6553477
06/11/19 04:47 PM
06/11/19 04:47 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Doesn't sound like a Christian to me, after all Christians don't convert anybody, Christ does. Hence "imagined" persecution.

Pretty neat that you are the official spokesman for Christianity.

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6553489
06/11/19 04:55 PM
06/11/19 04:55 PM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline
trapper
swift4me  Offline
trapper
S

American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
EdP is right on. Political threads are axed which I think is a good thing but religion is a personal thing for many of us. Of course we can choose to not open a thread but these religious debates seem to be more frequent lately.

Just my two cents. Maybe a religion forum for those who wish to debate/discuss?

Pete

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553502
06/11/19 05:20 PM
06/11/19 05:20 PM
IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
ShawneeMan Offline
trapper
ShawneeMan  Offline
trapper

IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
Here's they way I see it.
If you want to know why I'm a Christian and believe they way I do - I'll tell you.
But you need to ask. I don't cover my faith up, but don't force a conversation either.
Arguing about a belief system is like arguing about a political party. All it really does is alienate people from each other.

I'm a Christian because Christ became real to me when I mustered up the faith to believe in Him. I'm not talking about a church - I'm talking about Bible based Christianity - not a bunch or rituals and repetitions. I attend a very small church in the country. We are actively involved in each others lives and if somebody needs something - they get it. We have 3 widowers who've lost their husbands and the church supports them. We take an offering - not a tithe.
Since then I have found compassion and peace in my life that I never enjoyed before.
You can't just decide one day you're going to become a follower of Christ. God has to draw you - but He does not draw on your heart forever.
There are too many churches being run by boards with "so called" Christians and it has given the cause of Christ a bad name.
They see themselves as being "somebody", much like the Pharisees of the Old Covenant, when all they really are is lost, playing church and wallowing in their own self righteousness and importance.
I've watched people as they age and here's the analysis: You can either let life with all the troubles it brings pound on you until you're numb - and argue about politics, evolution, religion, etc., - or you can live it.

As people they get older either get bitter or they get better.
To each his own - I'll take better.

Shawnee National Forest - We live out here because we're not all there.
http://www.ripcordassociation.com
101 Pathfinder Det / Vietnam 1969 - 1971
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: ShawneeMan] #6553527
06/11/19 06:08 PM
06/11/19 06:08 PM
Texas
S
SUMROW Offline
trapper
SUMROW  Offline
trapper
S

Texas
Why don't we leave it up to Paul to decide if he would like another forum or to take a vote to axe religion the same as we do politics, but then what would of us old men have to argue about.

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6553538
06/11/19 06:33 PM
06/11/19 06:33 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

Glad I could help.

-Goofy-
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553542
06/11/19 06:46 PM
06/11/19 06:46 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

Christ said it first.

” 6Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

And as far as those killing in the name of religion....

John 16:2 . 2They will put you out of the synagogues. In fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God.

It's funny really. Mankind ignores the Old Testament until the want to wage "Holy Crusade". Then they ignore the New Testament so they can presume it's justifiable to kill on God's behalf.

Levi
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553565
06/11/19 07:24 PM
06/11/19 07:24 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I think it is just human nature to denigrate those who think differently than you do whether its religion or politics.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: danny clifton] #6553588
06/11/19 08:07 PM
06/11/19 08:07 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I think it is just human nature to denigrate those who think differently than you do whether its religion or politics.

There's no problem thinking differently. It's when we start speaking and writing that's the problem. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553622
06/11/19 09:13 PM
06/11/19 09:13 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee

laugh

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553625
06/11/19 09:17 PM
06/11/19 09:17 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Pagans are people too....97.5% of people are similar.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: SUMROW] #6553723
06/12/19 12:43 AM
06/12/19 12:43 AM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Originally Posted by SUMROW
Religion has been one of the major reasons for war throughout history and continues to be today. It is used to justify killing people, it is used to control and influence the masses by religious and political leaders. It has also become one of the biggest con jobs in history! The truth is it is for to easy to take advantage of people that have little else in their life to believe in. We all need something to believe in and hope for in our lives and it is easier for us to be told what we should believe than it is for us to find our own path and what is right or wrong. I doubt that any god would be happy with the results of religion in today's world.

SPILL THAT TEA

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: Big George W] #6553725
06/12/19 12:46 AM
06/12/19 12:46 AM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Originally Posted by Big George W
Pagan's and those who are into Wicca are some of the most open minded compassionate people I have ever met.
They are also very close to nature, and understand how everything in nature exists for a reason and that all is there for us to use - but not exploit.

There's a woman in town who has a Wiccan shop, I went in there to get some candles, as I was kind of curious about this shop - and the first thing I saw was a real nice coyote head that was mounted and on display with some other interesting old artifacts.

I ended up staying there for well over an hour where we were both discussing the importance of mankind's role in ensuring that the wildlife numbers remain in balance, and when I told her I was a trapper, she had no problem with that at all, and in fact spoke about the beauty of real fur, how special it is, and how fur can never be taken for granted.

*now, I was raised a Christian, and had a pretty good understanding of both the New and Old Testament when I was in school.
I even went to church for many years, but then once I was older, I stopped.

why ??
because I started to see things differently, and more importantly I started to experience things on my own - and saw that those who were preaching the loudest were not true to Gods word at all.

Tell me Warrior, have you ever spent time with any Pagans or Wiccans ??
I for one would rather spend time with Pagans over Born Again Christians because the Pagans are not fanatical, they are as close to a back to nature type of folk that one can get.

*also, don't think I'm not a follower of Gods Word, quite the contrary - I'm just on a path that is leading more towards Judaism today...

I'm sorry if I have an open mind, but I am not sorry for having Pagan and followers of Wicca as friends....

The closer to nature we become, the better we know ourselves.. That's why we're all here.. isn't it?

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6553728
06/12/19 12:54 AM
06/12/19 12:54 AM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
Yup... at least with me anyway.

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: PAskinner] #6553732
06/12/19 01:17 AM
06/12/19 01:17 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by PAskinner

I sure am. I don't know the truth about God and believe that nobody else does either. I do believe that God is good, because most of his creations are good.

Keith

And what would a good God expect of people? You already said the whole point was to treat everyone as you want to be treated, which is good and is something Jesus said, but he didn't stop there. He claimed to be the only way to God. And none of us treat each other perfectly, so we all fail, even in that, so perhaps we do need saving.

Exactly that, a good God would want people to treat each other well.

I fail to see why a good God would want to be worshiped in a particular way and then be so vague about how he wants to be worshiped, that only very small groups of people can agree on what way that should be, leaving most people to disagree. The penalty for not worshipping in the correct way, according to most Christians, is eternal torment, even though it's God's fault that he was not more explicit about what he wants. It seems petty to want to be worshiped like that. It makes sense to be appreciative of God's creations. Kneeling, sitting, standing, reciting the same words, singing the same songs, acting holy for short period of time once or twice a week seems pointless to me.

Treat others well, be appreciative of what you have, work for what you need and try to be the best human being you can.

Keith

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: zoozoo400] #6553769
06/12/19 05:56 AM
06/12/19 05:56 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by zoozoo400
The closer to nature we become, the better we know ourselves.. That's why we're all here.. isn't it?

Could be but I would think there would be none weak among us.

-Goofy-
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: KeithC] #6553773
06/12/19 05:59 AM
06/12/19 05:59 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Exactly that, a good God would want people to treat each other well.

I fail to see why a good God would want to be worshiped in a particular way and then be so vague about how he wants to be worshiped, that only very small groups of people can agree on what way that should be, leaving most people to disagree. The penalty for not worshipping in the correct way, according to most Christians, is eternal torment, even though it's God's fault that he was not more explicit about what he wants. It seems petty to want to be worshiped like that. It makes sense to be appreciative of God's creations. Kneeling, sitting, standing, reciting the same words, singing the same songs, acting holy for short period of time once or twice a week seems pointless to me.

Treat others well, be appreciative of what you have, work for what you need and try to be the best human being you can.

Keith

"Short periods of time", I must not be a Christian because my God's desire is for me to act Holy all the time.

-Goofy-
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread