No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: bowhunter27295] #6554433
06/12/19 10:22 PM
06/12/19 10:22 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Boco
There is no religious right to discriminate.
Unless you are sharia.

You are WRONG!!!

The Supreme Court of the United States followed the US Constitution and said that the baker could not be forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/04/poli...y-marriage-cake-supreme-court/index.html

The baker won the second case against him, brought by Colorado too.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...end-legal-fight-over-transgender-n979816

He will win the third case too.

Keith

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: bowhunter27295] #6554436
06/12/19 10:23 PM
06/12/19 10:23 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I never been in a mosque,but that wouldn't surprise me.
I don't like their laws,their way of thinking and I don't want to be like them.
But under our laws of freedom we cant discriminate against them because of their religion.
But we can take them out when they start breaking our laws.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: bowhunter27295] #6554441
06/12/19 10:25 PM
06/12/19 10:25 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Wont surprise me Keith.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: bowhunter27295] #6554448
06/12/19 10:28 PM
06/12/19 10:28 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
In your dreams.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: bowhunter27295] #6554451
06/12/19 10:30 PM
06/12/19 10:30 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Boco can't stand the fact that judges have already sided with the Baker twice.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: bowhunter27295] #6554455
06/12/19 10:32 PM
06/12/19 10:32 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I could care less.
I think a lot of yous got bum blasted as kids that's why your bigoted against homo's.LOL.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: bowhunter27295] #6554459
06/12/19 10:34 PM
06/12/19 10:34 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
I like cake.

No Jab.
Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: bowhunter27295] #6554462
06/12/19 10:37 PM
06/12/19 10:37 PM
New York
P
ponyboy Offline
trapper
ponyboy  Offline
trapper
P

New York
How about we make a law that you have to put your own plastic persons on your own dam cake? That may settle it.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: Boco] #6554474
06/12/19 10:43 PM
06/12/19 10:43 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Of course our laws protect religious freedom,we have a more freer country than you.
We don't have to walk around armed to the teeth to feel free or safe.That must be a heck of a way to have to live life.

You might be mistaking being forced into conformity with freedom. Government is fine as long as it's your idea of what government should look like. What if my idea of what government should look like has the upper hand and you don't much like it? The folks who wrote our constitution had it right. Limited government. Put a stranglehold on it.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: bowhunter27295] #6554485
06/12/19 10:55 PM
06/12/19 10:55 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Government barely exists for me here.
The last free people in your country were the Indians,and you took away their freedom.Supposedly in the name of freedom?
Keep dreaming.Visit Northern Canada for a taste of real freedom.

Last edited by Boco; 06/12/19 10:56 PM.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: bowhunter27295] #6554486
06/12/19 10:56 PM
06/12/19 10:56 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
could care less.
I think a lot of yous got bum blasted as kids that's why your bigoted against homo's.LOL.

Actually Boco, that's how a lot of men become homosexuals. They are abused as children, often very young ("I've always felt this way") or recruited at an older age by a same sex person. The gays have a term for this, its called "chicken hawking". I know a physician who was in and out of the U.S. Army for 40 years and he told me he never meet an adult gay man, who when opened up enough, didn't say they weren't recruited. Science can't show us the genes that makes someone gay. There may be people who are per-disposed of becoming gay because of their genetics but there is no defacto "gay" gene(s). I'm sure their community would love to find that actual science (I'm sure they are looking) but it hasn't happened yet. A person's skin color is genetically derived, a person's sexuality is not, even if Mayor Pete Butt-whatever says God made him gay.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: PAskinner] #6554494
06/12/19 11:01 PM
06/12/19 11:01 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
Originally Posted by PAskinner
What the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) does religion have to do with making a cake.Does this idiot discriminate against a jew that wants a cake for a bar mitzva,or a muzlim that wants a cake?
Queers etc are accepted in our society,if this cake baker feels he has to discriminate against certain segments of the public because of his religion,he should pursue another line of work not involving serving the public.

It's a little thing called "freedom" Folks from your country don't know much about it.

Being that this is a trapping forum I’ll just compare our trapping freedoms. I can trap as many animals of whatever species I want to. That’s just one example.

If you take care of the land the land will take care of you
Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: bowhunter27295] #6554495
06/12/19 11:02 PM
06/12/19 11:02 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
The last free people in your country were the Indians,and you took away their freedom.Supposedly in the name of freedom?

We have the Indians all in prison...? If your definition of Native American "freedom" is that get to claim the entire country as theirs, then yeah, Euro-Americans took that away from them. If a Native American lives off the reservation, they are as free as any other American, such as a couple of my colleagues at work. If they live on the reservation, they live under both the U.S. federal law and their own tribal law. I can't go onto a reservation and force them to do anything they don't want to do. Sounds like they have freedom to me.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: Boco] #6554500
06/12/19 11:06 PM
06/12/19 11:06 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Keep dreaming.Visit Northern Canada for a taste of real freedom.

It's shameful the way the US government treated early native Americans. It's a blot on our history for sure. Early native Americans brutalized each other as well and were probably far more savage than the US Army ever thought of being. Don't gloss over that.

I want government to "barely exist" for me, too. I assume your freedom is markedly different from that of your brethren living in Toronto.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: Ryan McLeod] #6554510
06/12/19 11:15 PM
06/12/19 11:15 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Ryan McLeod
Being that this is a trapping forum I’ll just compare our trapping freedoms. I can trap as many animals of whatever species I want to. That’s just one example.

You'll find that when you have a population density of .0000001 per square kilometer.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: loosegoose] #6554544
06/13/19 12:00 AM
06/13/19 12:00 AM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Your living in the past.
Being gay is acceptable in society today.
And the laws of the land protect them from discrimination.
At one time it was acceptable to discriminate against people because of race-remember?Was OK as long as you weren't the race being discriminated against.

At it's core, the case has nothing to do with homosexuality. It's about an artist (in this case, this guy considers his custom cakes to be art pieces) being forced to create art that he doesn't agree with. That's why I used examples of a sign maker, baker, printer, and caterer (chefs often consider their food to be "artwork"). This guy would happily sell a gay couple or a trans person one of his regular pre-made cakes, he just refused to create a custom cake for them. It's akin to telling a painter that he has to paint a picture of a chevy, or a sculptor that he has to make a sculpture of a duke 550. You don't get to tell an artist what kind of art they must create.

As a Q, I understand why the trans/queer person would be upset. As an artist, I understand not wanting to make something out of my comfort zone. In terms of content, anyway. I don't want to be commissioned niche erotic comics, pro-pedo nastiness, or racist crap LOL.. Though I do enjoy an artistic challenge (change of medium, style, methods, etc)!

I personally don't understand the point of suing the cake company, especially when certainly there are plenty of cake stores around. If it were me being refused a cake, I'd say "Aight.. I'll take my money elsewhere." Then go on to tell all of the people I know not to order cakes from that baker, because of whatever reason it was that they refused to make it (if they told me, anyway). I find it would be a much better way to get the desired effect. Which, I suppose, would be to decrease their business? I mean, whatever my friends decide to do after I inform them is their prerogative.

Most people don't like going where they aren't welcome, anyway... Just as I am anxious to attend the convention next week. Though that may be caused by my own assumption of how y'all might perceive me. However, I digress..

If I were the baker and someone asked for a racist/homophobic cake, I'd certainly say no & tell them to GTFO. I feel if the situation were different.. for instance.. if the shop owner saw a queer person come in and said "NOPE. NOT YOU. NO SERVICE. BYE." and refused to serve them at all... That could be reason to sue. Money is money, anyway, it all looks the same regardless of who it's from. Unfortunately, I'm unaware of the details of the story. Mostly because I don't care enough about a (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) cake to get mad about it.

I bet it'd be possible to find a queer baker in the state to support.. but I am also aware of the difficulties of existing as a queer baker (or whatever profession) with a shop, depending on where one is living. I'm sure it would be much more difficult to own a store as a trans-person than as a lesbian, simply because of the fear caused by ignorance or hate caused by religious arrogance. As long as folks weren't defacing/vandalizing my store or threatening my life.. and I made enough money to live happily... I'd be alright.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: bowhunter27295] #6554577
06/13/19 12:59 AM
06/13/19 12:59 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
I'm sure that in most big cities, if you fly the rainbow flag, you'd get plenty of business. It would most likely be more of an issue in a smaller city or small town. But, if you're good at what you do and don't try pinching my a** or tell me in sexually explicit ways what you would do to me, I'm sure we could do business together. Of course, I wouldn't be asking you to make me a gay pride or transgender coming out cake, but if you have no problem making me a straight themed cake, I have no problem giving you my cash. I don't ask the sexuality of my ebay or farmer's market customers. Or their politics or their religion. Its not needed to make our transaction.

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: NonPCfed] #6554583
06/13/19 01:33 AM
06/13/19 01:33 AM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Ain't that the truth! Don't harass & you won't be harassed.. or I guess "Don't hand me no lines & keep your hands to yourself" cool laugh

Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: loosegoose] #6554591
06/13/19 03:57 AM
06/13/19 03:57 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

If this guy has to bake a cake against his beliefs, then a jewish printer has to print pro-Nazi pamphlets, a liberal sign maker has to make Trump-2020 campaign signs, a gay baker has to bake a "homosexuality is a sin" cake and a black caterer has to cater a KKK meeting. Any business owner should be able to turn anyone down, for whatever reason. If that business owner is being a dummy to their customers, word will spread and the free market will do it's thing and put them out of business.

A minimal population has a minimal impact. See Chik-Fil-A.

-Goofy-
Re: Cake shop sued AGAIN!! [Re: loosegoose] #6554593
06/13/19 04:04 AM
06/13/19 04:04 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Hogwash.You don't have to have a sex test to buy art
And since when is a cake art,for cryin out loud,lol.

You don't have to have a sexuality test to buy art, correct. But, an artist doesn't have to create art for you if they don't feel like it. That's the issue.

Whether or not a cake is art is up to the baker. Heck, I have a hard time considering most paintings art. Who are you and I to decide? Some people think nice looking buildings are art. Some people consider their farts a work of art.

lol

-Goofy-
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread