No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: Macthediver] #6554547
06/13/19 12:05 AM
06/13/19 12:05 AM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Originally Posted by Macthediver

I've seen more Christian Hypocrites, Whine and Complain in my life time about other people than any other group I know...Don't want to bake a cake, can't have my Christmas decorations in some public place. Can't hang my 10 commands in city hall, don't like the people next doors life style..They comb their hair to the wrong side..think their Wiccans, maybe even lesbians heaven forbid???

Don't forget the "Happy Holidays" starbucks cups lol

Last edited by zoozoo400; 06/13/19 12:43 AM.
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: Macthediver] #6554563
06/13/19 12:24 AM
06/13/19 12:24 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Guess I've seen more Christian Hypocrites, Whine and Complain in my life time about other people than any other group I know...

You live in a predominantly Christian country... Simple statistics dictate that all those hypocrites, whiners, and complainers will be Christians.

If you lived in Israel then statistically the hypocrites, whiners, and complainers would likely be Jewish.

If you lived in Saudi Arabia then statistically the hypocrites, whiners, and complainers would be Muslim.

If you lived in Washington DC then the hypocrites, whiners, and complainers would be politicians/government employees...

Are you smellin' what I'm steppin' in here?

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: Mike in A-town] #6554570
06/13/19 12:43 AM
06/13/19 12:43 AM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
Guess I've seen more Christian Hypocrites, Whine and Complain in my life time about other people than any other group I know...

You live in a predominantly Christian country... Simple statistics dictate that all those hypocrites, whiners, and complainers will be Christians.

If you lived in Israel then statistically the hypocrites, whiners, and complainers would likely be Jewish.

If you lived in Saudi Arabia then statistically the hypocrites, whiners, and complainers would be Muslim.

If you lived in Washington DC then the hypocrites, whiners, and complainers would be politicians/government employees...

Mike

That's a good point you got there

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6554582
06/13/19 01:21 AM
06/13/19 01:21 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Mike

It makes sense that most of the hypocrites, whiners and complainers, in a predominantly Christian country, like Mac stated, were Christians, but not statistically all, as you say they should be.

I am friends with and know mostly people who are Catholics, Methodists, Lutherans and Episcopalians. They are all Christians, but they are not in your face about it. Most of those Christians were born into one of those particular religions and just go through the socially acceptable motions. You can know them for many years and never know their religion unless you asked. Most are probably pretty close to being agnostic.

The people who refer to themselves as "Christian", who irritate lots of people, in my experience, are usually Baptist or Church of God members. No offense please, I am sure there are good people in those religions. Most of the people in those two religions, who I have met, remind me of vegans in that like vegans, the way you find out they are "Christian" is they tell you about it and that's most of what they want to talk about, when you first meet them. Frequently the Baptists and Church of God people I have known switch which church they go to and which minister they like and listen to a couple of times a year or more. They often get overly animated and crazy looking eyes when talking about their beliefs. Most of them made very serious mistakes in their lives with drugs, alcohol, sex or crime and will happily and excitedly tell you how they are now changed thanks to Jesus Christ, their Lord and Savior. I think they use religion as a mental crutch to get them through their lives, to alleviate the guilt they feel for their previous poor choices. I guess if it helps them be better people, it's for the best.

Keith

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: tjm] #6554760
06/13/19 10:09 AM
06/13/19 10:09 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by tjm
Originally Posted by Trapper7

The Watchtower Society isn't Christian. It was founded by Charles Taze Russell who pretty much left orthodox Christian teachings and formed his own wild and crazy ideas about life. He made many predictions that never happened such as the return of Christ several times, the end of the world, etc. I wouldn't even favor them as being an offshoot of Christianity.

Don't most professed Christians follow that guy Paul that pretty much started his own church way back when?

What guy Paul are you referring to? Paul of Tarsus?

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: tjm] #6554769
06/13/19 10:28 AM
06/13/19 10:28 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by tjm
Originally Posted by Pike River
So who's worse, so called Christians killing in the name of religion or Muslims killing in the name of religion?

They worship the same Hebrew God.

Wrong! Hebrew God is Yahweh. Muslim god is Allah.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6554772
06/13/19 10:33 AM
06/13/19 10:33 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
No T7, he was referring to Saul. grin

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6554785
06/13/19 10:53 AM
06/13/19 10:53 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by KeithC
[quote=PAskinner][quote=KeithC]

I don't agree that anyone needs saved. A good, all powerful God, even if he gives you free will, knows how you will turn out. Since He created everything and knows how it will turn out, he is ultimately responsible. A good God would not create anything he would punish eternally, an evil God would. If God is good, all knowing and all powerful, I don't believe there is any eternal punishment.

Keith

I do believe that actions do and should have consequences. The incredibly huge difference is that unlike God, you don't know everything and did not make everything. You're responsibility level is infinitesimally less. Knowing and making everything makes God ultimately responsible for everything. He may give us free will, but he knows how everything will turn out. If God knows that you will make wrong decisions, knows that he will punish you eternally for making those decisions (over a relatively short period of time) and then creates you anyways, it seems very cruel to me.

Keith

What is the alternative? If this is the best if all possible worlds, ( as theologians have suggested) then the only alternative is a world where free will doesn't exist. Again, how is God responsible for something he doesn't cause? Just because he has all power doesn't mean he forces us to do wrong.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6554803
06/13/19 11:18 AM
06/13/19 11:18 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Good point, Catch. He was actually Saul of Tarsus before he became Paul.

No where in the bible does it say Paul started a church. He was a soldier who prosecuted and killed followers of Jesus Christ until he went blind. According to Luke, Saul became Paul as a result of Christ's voice asking him why he was persecuting Christians? He became an evangelist as a result and regained his eyesight. His conversion was such a radical change and witness that it encouraged others to follow Paul.

There were differences even back then at the start of the movement. Paul wrote that there were divisions. Some felt it was of the utmost importance that followers be baptized. Some would only follow Paul, some would only follow Apollo, some Cephas. He writes, "Has Christ been divided up?" His point was all the nit picking was foolish because they were all on the same team.

Today, we have the same situation with many Christian churches. They have minor differences such as baptism, communion, etc. But, the basics are still there such as who Christ was being the biggest. Many of these non-Christian churches have written their own bible. Some deny that Jesus was the son of God. Some claim he was Michael the archangel. One even claims Jesus and Lucifer were brothers. There is nothing in the original teachings like that.

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: Trapper7] #6554807
06/13/19 11:24 AM
06/13/19 11:24 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Good point, Catch. He was actually Saul of Tarsus before he became Paul.

No where in the bible does it say Paul started a church. He was a soldier who prosecuted and killed followers of Jesus Christ until he went blind. According to Luke, Saul became Paul as a result of Christ's voice asking him why he was persecuting Christians? He became an evangelist as a result and regained his eyesight. His conversion was such a radical change and witness that it encouraged others to follow Paul.

There were differences even back then at the start of the movement. Paul wrote that there were divisions. Some felt it was of the utmost importance that followers be baptized. Some would only follow Paul, some would only follow Apollo, some Cephas. He writes, "Has Christ been divided up?" His point was all the nit picking was foolish because they were all on the same team.

Today, we have the same situation with many Christian churches. They have minor differences such as baptism, communion, etc. But, the basics are still there such as who Christ was being the biggest. Many of these non-Christian churches have written their own bible. Some deny that Jesus was the son of God. Some claim he was Michael the archangel. One even claims Jesus and Lucifer were brothers. There is nothing in the original teachings like that.

Might want to dig some deeper on that as I don't think that's actually so. But I get your point though.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6554856
06/13/19 12:33 PM
06/13/19 12:33 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Luke was a traveling companion of Paul's. He is considered the writer of the book of Acts. He wrote that Saul was on his way to Damascus when a light from heaven shown suddenly on him. He was blinded and he heard a voice saying, "Saul, why do you persecute me?"
He asked, "Who are you, Lord?"
And the voice said, "I am Jesus whom you persecute."
When Saul rose from the ground, he could see nothing.
In Damascus, a man called Ananias was told by the Lord to go to the house of Judas and enquire about a man named Saul. But, Ananias was fearful of Saul because of his reputation of killing Christians. He was made not to fear and when he laid hands on Saul, a film fell away from his eyes and he could see again.

I don't think I could dig much deeper than that. If that's what you're referring to.

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: Trapper7] #6554865
06/13/19 12:46 PM
06/13/19 12:46 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Luke was a traveling companion of Paul's. He is considered the writer of the book of Acts. He wrote that Saul was on his way to Damascus when a light from heaven shown suddenly on him. He was blinded and he heard a voice saying, "Saul, why do you persecute me?"
In Damascus, a man called Ananias was told by the Lord to go to the house of Judas and enquire about a man named Saul. But, Ananias was fearful of Saul because of his reputation of killing Christians. He was made not to fear and when he laid hands on Saul, a film fell away from his eyes and he could see again.

I don't think I could dig much deeper than that. If that's what you're referring to.

Luke is considered the Author of Acts. However if you look to Acts, such as 9:17, 11:25, 11:30, 12:25 and so on, Paul was referred to as Saul by others and the Holy Spirit long after his conversion. Not to take away from the road to Damascus at all, but Saul became Paul ( theory)when Luke knew Paul was going out to preach to the Gentiles. Saul being Hebrew and Paul Greek. The passages though prove that the name change didn't come from Jesus.

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6554885
06/13/19 01:04 PM
06/13/19 01:04 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
The point is that Saul traveled under an alias and did in fact start the church by his travels and letters. Almost all of the new testament relates to Saul and his teachings. Every church/religion on earth has had a human leader. It is wonderful that men today can say for sure that this man was right in his leadership and that man was wrong in his leadership. It is the major Christian pastime to stone other Christians.
I propose that if any of these leaders was right and true in his interpretation of God/Christ there would be no divisions in the Church. All denominations have perverted the Word to suit their agenda to some extent.

The other major Christian pastime is to deny God to any one that does not speak English. I note above some of God's names in other languages yet it is apparent that He can only be named in English, eh?

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: KeithC] #6554923
06/13/19 02:14 PM
06/13/19 02:14 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by KeithC
The people who refer to themselves as "Christian", who irritate lots of people, in my experience, are usually Baptist or Church of God members. No offense please, I am sure there are good people in those religions. Most of the people in those two religions, who I have met, remind me of vegans in that like vegans, the way you find out they are "Christian" is they tell you about it and that's most of what they want to talk about, when you first meet them. Frequently the Baptists and Church of God people I have known switch which church they go to and which minister they like and listen to a couple of times a year or more. They often get overly animated and crazy looking eyes when talking about their beliefs. Most of them made very serious mistakes in their lives with drugs, alcohol, sex or crime and will happily and excitedly tell you how they are now changed thanks to Jesus Christ, their Lord and Savior. I think they use religion as a mental crutch to get them through their lives, to alleviate the guilt they feel for their previous poor choices. I guess if it helps them be better people, it's for the best.

Keith

Well good grief, why didn't you say that to begin with. Lol

Probably not a person on this forum who hasn't had a similar experience. But when you start painting with a broad brush and lump everyone together people automatically assume you're referring to them...

Kinda like I did lumping all the pagans together. Lol

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: Catch22] #6554947
06/13/19 02:58 PM
06/13/19 02:58 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Catch22

Luke is considered the Author of Acts. However if you look to Acts, such as 9:17, 11:25, 11:30, 12:25 and so on, Paul was referred to as Saul by others and the Holy Spirit long after his conversion. Not to take away from the road to Damascus at all, but Saul became Paul ( theory)when Luke knew Paul was going out to preach to the Gentiles. Saul being Hebrew and Paul Greek. The passages though prove that the name change didn't come from Jesus.

Exactly. I never meant that it was Jesus that told Saul to change his name to Paul because you are right, Jesus didn't. At least there's nothing written that says He did. I was referring to the fact that Saul became Paul sometime after his episode on the road to Damascus and his encounter with Christ. I agree (theory) Saul probably became Paul to become more compatible to fit in with the gentiles. Another possibility might be he was concerned about his former reputation preceding him.

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: tjm] #6554963
06/13/19 03:33 PM
06/13/19 03:33 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by tjm
The point is that Saul traveled under an alias and did in fact start the church by his travels and letters. Almost all of the new testament relates to Saul and his teachings. Every church/religion on earth has had a human leader. It is wonderful that men today can say for sure that this man was right in his leadership and that man was wrong in his leadership. It is the major Christian pastime to stone other Christians.
I propose that if any of these leaders was right and true in his interpretation of God/Christ there would be no divisions in the Church. All denominations have perverted the Word to suit their agenda to some extent.

The other major Christian pastime is to deny God to any one that does not speak English. I note above some of God's names in other languages yet it is apparent that He can only be named in English, eh?

Too bad you weren't around at the time of Paul. You could have explained to him he was wrong since he wrote about the divisions in the faith himself. Check out the first chapter of 1Corinthians. Based on what you've said, you must feel Paul falls into that category of not being right and true in his interpretation of God/Christ.

Baptizing believing adults, not babies. You would consider that perverting the Word? Or, consubstantiation versus transubstantiation, is that perverted?

Almost all of the NT relates to Paul and his teachings. You do realize the 4 gospels are part of the NT, right?

It's the MAJOR pastime for other Christians to stone other Christians. Really, they don't have anything else to do? In my area, each summer they have vacation bible school. Each year it's hosted by a different church, Catholic, Lutheran, and non-denominational. They work together. Though they have minor doctrinal differences, their goal is the same; teach the kids about Jesus and His love.

You prefer to bash Christians and say Christians say the only true God is the one named in English. I would assume that Allah worshipped by the Islamists aren't guilty as Christians even though they say Yahweh the Christian-Jewish god is a false god. These are the true Christian haters in some parts of the world. All we have to do is read about the Christians being persecuted and murdered around the world for their faith by Islamic extremists. Haven't heard about Christians murdering any Islamists, though.

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6554966
06/13/19 03:37 PM
06/13/19 03:37 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Wow, never even thought about your last sentence, Paul not wanting to be Saul so people wouldn't freak out, great point! The Bible is a fascinating book, I enjoy it. And who said Christians and Pagans can't get along. grin

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: Catch22] #6554970
06/13/19 03:40 PM
06/13/19 03:40 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Catch22
Wow, never even thought about your last sentence, Paul not wanting to be Saul so people wouldn't freak out, great point! The Bible is a fascinating book, I enjoy it. And who said Christians and Pagans can't get along. grin

grin

Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6555026
06/13/19 05:52 PM
06/13/19 05:52 PM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
The early Catholic church adopted many pagan beliefs and used those beliefs/superstitions to convince people to persecute Christians,such as the Waldenses, who were trying to spread that the bible and the gospel were the authority, not the papacy. The early Catholic church actually burned bibles, and the people preaching from them, in an effort to remain in authority because the bible removed the papist authority.

Now I'm not bashing Catholics or pagans, just some interesting history I've read about.

James 1: 19-20
Re: Why are pagans so critical of others? [Re: warrior] #6555035
06/13/19 06:07 PM
06/13/19 06:07 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline
trapper
Davisfur  Offline
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
The new testament makes a guy wonder if a cult leader like say Jim Jones had instructed 4 or 5 of his closest disciples to write books about his life and times after he was gone, just what kind of stories they would have came up with and what sort of miracles they would have said he did.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread