No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: CB radio [Re: AKAjust] #6555365
06/14/19 07:59 AM
06/14/19 07:59 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
CB base station was on 24/7 at my parents house, dad had one in car. Back in the 70s they actually did weather spotting and called in local conditions on CB..Most my friends had one in their car or truck back late 70s early 80s. Guess was our generations version of cell phone.
I still have one in my truck as does my younger brother and my sister. I don't use mine much any more like my brother does, he commutes to work 45 minutes so runs his.. Mostly use mine when driving in group with family going some where with more than one vehicle.. Then we chat back and forth between cars with each other..I turn mine on sometimes when running the interstate see what truckers are yacking about..
I think I have half dozen different units sitting in garage..

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: CB radio [Re: AKAjust] #6555389
06/14/19 08:32 AM
06/14/19 08:32 AM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
Hey Danny how do you like the Galaxy?I've been looking at them,one they call "flamethrower"in particular.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: CB radio [Re: AKAjust] #6555505
06/14/19 11:18 AM
06/14/19 11:18 AM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
I had a Galaxy DX-99 that was a lot of fun, but it shorted out on me one day.
Had another Galaxy - Saturn maybe ?? I forget these names... but that one died too.
Sometimes I think its a bad idea having these export radios that are being asked to put out too much power, which is probably not clean power either.

Would love to get my old HR 2510 President up and running [I hope I got that number right...]

Ranger made a 2550 [??] which could dead key 25 watts - 10 meter rig that covered 11 as well....
Thankfully you can turn the power way down, as I got Anton 99's up in the air here along with a Shakesphere Big Stick and the repaired antenna in the picture I posed earlier.
Used to run a long wire antenna years back, but those Antrons's serve me well.

*but the best radio of then all is a Texas Star base station, it's an older one - actually it's real old by today's standards, could speak from CT to Vancouver on SSB with just 4 watts of power when conditions were right. *disclaimer - I'm running that thru an Antron 99 that's mounted exatly one wavelength [36 feet] above the ground.... so my signal gets out pretty good going west.

The Cobra 2000... now that's a base station worthy of having as well..

Anyone got one of those 1970's Browning Base Stations kicking around ??

Anyhow, Saturday and Sundays from usually 7.00pm till about 8.15 or so, you'll find me on 38 LSB or 40 LSB

During the week I monitor 36 USB when I'm out and about on the road.

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread