No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: walleyed] #6555986
06/15/19 02:17 AM
06/15/19 02:17 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
I say if the Japanese want to buy US oil ,we will guarantee their tankers safety. If they want to buy middle eastern oil, well ,good luck.

Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: walleyed] #6555990
06/15/19 04:00 AM
06/15/19 04:00 AM
AK
F
FL cracker in AK Offline
trapper
FL cracker in AK  Offline
trapper
F

AK
I like your way of thinking, Jeff. Japan is more than capable of defending their property, let them do it.

Psalm 34:6
Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: FL cracker in AK] #6555991
06/15/19 04:07 AM
06/15/19 04:07 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by FL cracker in AK
I like your way of thinking, Jeff. Japan is more than capable of defending their property, let them do it.

Are they though? I thought as part of making them subservient to us they couldn't have an effective military and we would have to provide security for them.

Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6556172
06/15/19 11:40 AM
06/15/19 11:40 AM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Originally Posted by white17
We don't need to bomb them. The economic sanctions are much more devastating. Put your partisanship aside and use some common sense .

We have stumbled into 3 middle eastern wars, all of which appear to have ended badly for everyone but defense contractors. I dont want to make it four.

Yup... and I'm kind of surprised that this incident is not even being discussed at the plant I work at, but on the other had the silence also implies that dreadful "here we go again..." type scenario, and it makes me really wonder if even the military is starting to see this as a bad chess game played by the politicans with no end in sight and a true no/win situation for our men and women in uniform.

I still vividly remember the look on poor ole' Colin Powell's face back in early 2003 when he was using satalite images of God knows what to sell us on invading Iraq, while the real bad guys get to escape once again, thanks to the Saudi's telling us to cease activity on Tora Bora or whatever that dreadful place Bin Laden was holed up in was called.... and didn't we make that complex if my memory is somewhat functioning today ??

Indeed, the defense contractors - and probably construction contractors - are loving every minute of it..

The service men and women who come home maimed, physologically scared, or in a box.... those are the real victims.....

I for one am getting tired of this crap.

The next president I vote for is not going to be someone who kisses up to the Saudi's.

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: walleyed] #6556177
06/15/19 11:44 AM
06/15/19 11:44 AM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
I applaud that voting decision, Big George.

However, what happens if that person is Beto Orourke, Kamala Harris, or Pete Buttgieg ( sp?) ?

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: walleyed] #6556181
06/15/19 11:51 AM
06/15/19 11:51 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
There will be a big holocaust starting in that area sooner or later.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: walleyed] #6556184
06/15/19 11:53 AM
06/15/19 11:53 AM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
The irony is , Saudi is saying “decisive action “ must be taken. Well, I’m thinking they’re right there . Get after it , big dawg.

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6556186
06/15/19 11:54 AM
06/15/19 11:54 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Online content

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Online Content

W

McGrath, AK
We don't need to bomb them. The economic sanctions are much more devastating. Put your partisanship aside and use some common sense .

We have stumbled into 3 middle eastern wars, all of which appear to have ended badly for everyone but defense contractors. I dont want to make it four.

Same here. I also don't think Trump or Iran want it either. That's why Iran is doing what they are doing. It costs them nothing to plug up the strait of Hormuz with disabled shipping. As long as they don't directly attack a US vessel they will get away with it . They, of course want to see the price of oil increase. That's good for them and bad for everyone else.

Mean As Nails
Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: Pike River] #6556203
06/15/19 12:47 PM
06/15/19 12:47 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by Pike River
Originally Posted by FL cracker in AK

Are they though? I thought as part of making them subservient to us they couldn't have an effective military and we would have to provide security for them.

Well yes, in their homeland we would. But if they want to send ships into a bad neighborhood, its their choice.

Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: walleyed] #6556226
06/15/19 01:28 PM
06/15/19 01:28 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN

Same here. I also don't think Trump or Iran want it either. That's why Iran is doing what they are doing. It costs them nothing to plug up the strait of Hormuz with disabled shipping. As long as they don't directly attack a US vessel they will get away with it . They, of course want to see the price of oil increase. That's good for them and bad for everyone else.

Why would they hit a Japanese ship? They know the U.S is bound to protect Japan, it doesnt make any sense.

After the debacles of Iraq,Libya and Syria I no longer trust the U.S govt or U.S news sources to get us the correct unbiased information. I dont know what is going on but the games we have been playing in the middle east are immoral, not only from the death and destabilization factors but also from the debt we are laying on the future generations. I dont know what Trump wants and honestly I dont think Trump knows what Trump wants.

Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: Aaron Proffitt] #6556237
06/15/19 01:42 PM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
I applaud that voting decision, Big George.

However, what happens if that person is Beto Orourke, Kamala Harris, or Pete Buttgieg ( sp?) ?

I don't know.

I'm at a point in my life now where I'm just giving up on everything.
It just seems easier that way, instead of constantly fighting............

I'm sick of fighting.

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6556238
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Online content

white17  Online Content

W

McGrath, AK

Why would they hit a Japanese ship? They know the U.S is bound to protect Japan, it doesnt make any sense.

After the debacles of Iraq,Libya and Syria I no longer trust the U.S govt or U.S news sources to get us the correct unbiased information. I dont know what is going on but the games we have been playing in the middle east are immoral, not only from the death and destabilization factors but also from the debt we are laying on the future generations. I dont know what Trump wants and honestly I dont think Trump knows what Trump wants.

It makes perfect sense. The Japanese PM was in Iran representing US in an attempt to get Iran to talks about the sanctions.

So rather than hit a U.S flagged ship they hit the Japanese ship.

Mean As Nails
Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: walleyed] #6556256
06/15/19 02:21 PM
06/15/19 02:21 PM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
First, In my opinion Fox News is the only reliable news channel. Second, I don't want to see the U.S. in another war, but I don't want to see us pushed around either.
Remember Obama's line in the sand? Worse was his monetary bribe to Iran? Did he have Congressional approval for that? Why then, will they not approve money for a southern border
wall?.Nothing but politics, patriotism is forgotten.
As for Iran, I think we should stay out of it unless they directly attack an American ship, base, or similar, or that of an ally..I hope they have some nuke subs sitting there that
could lob camel dung all over Teheran.

Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: walleyed] #6556281
06/15/19 03:28 PM
06/15/19 03:28 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

I bet the Iranians would be willing to take back Iran. Just as in the American Revolution the patriots need an ally in France to defeat Great Britain, Iranian patriots also need an ally for their cause. Only problem is no one is willing to help. Given the history of "helping" middle eastern countries it's easy to see why.

Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: ] #6556305
06/15/19 04:11 PM
06/15/19 04:11 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by J Staton
I bet the Iranians would be willing to take back Iran. Just as in the American Revolution the patriots need an ally in France to defeat Great Britain, Iranian patriots also need an ally for their cause. Only problem is no one is willing to help. Given the history of "helping" middle eastern countries it's easy to see why.

I have no doubt that are CIA has many operatives already in close contact with Iranians, who are supportive of the US and a secular government for Iran.

Keith

Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: KeithC] #6556316
06/15/19 04:41 PM
06/15/19 04:41 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by KeithC

I have no doubt that are CIA has many operatives already in close contact with Iranians, who are supportive of the US and a secular government for Iran.

Keith

I'm sure your right Keith, but I figure they want/need arms and a military force to back them. That's where the conundrum is. Supplying weapons/armies hasn't went so well when tried.

Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: ] #6556335
06/15/19 05:22 PM
06/15/19 05:22 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN

I remember hearing the exact same thing about Iraq, Libya and Syria.

Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6556339
06/15/19 05:31 PM
06/15/19 05:31 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

I remember hearing the exact same thing about Iraq, Libya and Syria.

That's my point, when we try it doesn't work to well. However that doesn't mean there are not patriot Iranians who are sincere in wanting a return to the pre-ayatollah Iran that once was.

Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: ] #6556363
06/15/19 06:18 PM
06/15/19 06:18 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN

That's my point, when we try it doesn't work to well. However that doesn't mean there are not patriot Iranians who are sincere in wanting a return to the pre-ayatollah Iran that once was.

I have heard many want a return of the Monarchy, if the U.S intervenes they will demand democracy which is a proven failure for middle east political systems.

Re: Gulf of Tonkin incident in Persian Gulf ? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6556417
06/15/19 07:49 PM
06/15/19 07:49 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
The conservative Ayatollah form of government came in 1979-80. I am guessing that 2/3rds of the 80 plus million Iranians were born after that date and if they were under 10 during the 70s they would have little to no idea what pre-Ayatollah life was like in Iran.

Bryce

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread