No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
New Toy Moultrie A40I Pro #6556342
06/15/19 05:39 PM
06/15/19 05:39 PM
Mi, Mecosta
A
ambush32 Offline OP
trapper
ambush32  Offline OP
trapper
A

Mi, Mecosta
Had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket so I used it for a game camera..

Will use it for testing some new lures, baits, and travel corridors..mostly just for fun...

Looking for some advice on how members here setup their cameras..

Settings, locations, and good ways to hide the cameras from growing legs...Will be used mostly on public grounds...

Thanks

Thought I was a good trapper until I started trapping coyotes......
Thought I was a good bowhunter until I targeted mature bucks....
Re: New Toy Moultrie A40I Pro [Re: ambush32] #6556579
06/15/19 11:12 PM
06/15/19 11:12 PM
E central Il
G
Golf ball Offline
trapper
Golf ball  Offline
trapper
G

E central Il
I started hanging mine high just to keep them from getting drown during high water. The result ended up being more pics of un disturbed game. This may not be as big a deal with the newer cameras ( blackout and infrared) but with the older white flash cameras it was a big deal. Mounting the camera high enough that you need a bucket or short step ladder to change cards has a couple of other advantages that will help with today’s cameras. The first would be a theft deterrent, someone would have to come prepared to take your camera. The second would be having the camera high and angled down slightly will help with the rising and setting sun . Everyone likes a good sunset until you get 300 pics of it ! I still think having the camera up high helps get more pics of unsuspecting critters. Yea it’s neat having a deer put its nose on the camera but I would rather have pics of any animals acting naturally.

Good luck, hope this helps .
Don

Re: New Toy Moultrie A40I Pro [Re: ambush32] #6556757
06/16/19 10:27 AM
06/16/19 10:27 AM
Mi, Mecosta
A
ambush32 Offline OP
trapper
ambush32  Offline OP
trapper
A

Mi, Mecosta
Thanks Golf

I will bring a few tree steps with me so I can hang it high..

My last camera walked off..Was surprised as it was in a pretty remote area..

Re: New Toy Moultrie A40I Pro [Re: ambush32] #6556759
06/16/19 10:28 AM
06/16/19 10:28 AM
Mi, Mecosta
A
ambush32 Offline OP
trapper
ambush32  Offline OP
trapper
A

Mi, Mecosta
Pic I got last night in my garage..not real clear pic, but you can tell what it is..

B2E84B20-199B-4F33-A4AB-5E96AF8D6A0F.jpeg

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread