No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Sidewalk Wolf Prints [Re: Gulo] #6556277
06/15/19 03:17 PM
06/15/19 03:17 PM
Idaho, Lemhi County
G
Gulo Online content OP
"On The Other Hand"
Gulo  Online Content OP
"On The Other Hand"
G

Idaho, Lemhi County
Gee thanks Pete.

I do recall one quip that did make it "on the record". Many years ago, while discussing various survey techniques "on the record" with the Board of Game, I mentioned that we did "photocensus" work with the caribou. We used the "Gassaway" technique on moose. I inadvertently said that the wolf survey data were derived from a "Pioma" survey. Spraker wouldn't let it die, and kept quizzing me, "for the record", what precisely is a Pioma estimate? He finally asked specifically what 'Pioma' stands for (he knew good and well, but wanted to see me squirm). I finally told the entire Board and the public, that it was "pulled it out my ___".

Bosses were not too happy with me....

Jack

Re: Sidewalk Wolf Prints [Re: Gulo] #6556280
06/15/19 03:27 PM
06/15/19 03:27 PM
Northern Illinois
M
MChewk Offline
trapper
MChewk  Offline
trapper
M

Northern Illinois
Lol Jack....good one!

Re: Sidewalk Wolf Prints [Re: Gulo] #6556762
06/16/19 10:31 AM
06/16/19 10:31 AM
Fairbanks, Alaska
Pete in Frbks Offline
trapper
Pete in Frbks  Offline
trapper

Fairbanks, Alaska
Originally Posted by Gulo
Gee thanks Pete.

I do recall one quip that did make it "on the record". Many years ago, while discussing various survey techniques "on the record" with the Board of Game, I mentioned that we did "photocensus" work with the caribou. We used the "Gassaway" technique on moose. I inadvertently said that the wolf survey data were derived from a "Pioma" survey. Spraker wouldn't let it die, and kept quizzing me, "for the record", what precisely is a Pioma estimate? He finally asked specifically what 'Pioma' stands for (he knew good and well, but wanted to see me squirm). I finally told the entire Board and the public, that it was "pulled it out my ___".

Bosses were not too happy with me....

Jack

Oh yeah right, like Spraker wouldn't do something like that himself!

You and I both have that gene where sometimes we just get a tad too forthright for the current situation. Often it is funny. Other times it leaves unhappy bosses. Or both.......!

pb

Last edited by Pete in Frbks; 06/16/19 10:33 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread