No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Manufactured homes [Re: kyron4] #6558243
06/18/19 06:17 PM
06/18/19 06:17 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline
trapper
coonman220  Offline
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
I worked in mfg plant for many years until the corporation went bankrupt. Our plant was most profitable of them, it was other plants that had trouble. Which were not all mfg plants. They had many floor plans, some were built in 5-7 sections. 2 story's with room additions. The roofs were hinged an set up on site. They had some pretty steep pitch roofs. Huge expensive well built homes. Built to be standing in high tornado winds where house beside it would be severly damaged, built apt houses in sections as well as motels,out in n. Dakota for workers to stay , barracks, down el paso TX, traditional housing an big government funded projects. I believe alot government funded projects, no longer were funded, alot work in projects as everthing was heavy duty built. Double 3/4 floor decking. 2 by 12 floor joists. Double 5/8 drywall, sound walls, conduit in all wiring , alot strict bldg codes, for plumbing an everthing, there lot different mfg homes, some are like dbl wide trailers, we never got into them, but there gone out bussiness. Unfortunately

Re: Manufactured homes [Re: kyron4] #6558296
06/18/19 07:51 PM
06/18/19 07:51 PM
Meridian , ID
B
Badgerman50 Offline
trapper
Badgerman50  Offline
trapper
B

Meridian , ID
If it’s comfortable and put you in the area you want to be in, why not live in one? Will it ever have the resale value of a stick built? No. Will some people always look sideways at anyone who lives in one? Yes. Doesn’t matter what other people think. Matters what you think, if it’s your house. The guy in the trailer, the guy in the stick built, and the guy in the mansion will all be next door neighbors in the graveyard anyway.

Badgerman
Re: Manufactured homes [Re: kyron4] #6558318
06/18/19 08:30 PM
06/18/19 08:30 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
My daughter and SIL just had one brought onto our farm. It is an Oakwood Home.
Here in NC they have stiffer regs than stick built
It is very nice I must say, I was pleasantly surprised.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread