No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Slim's Facebook has been hacked...help! #6558764
06/19/19 07:40 PM
06/19/19 07:40 PM
New York
Ms Cat Offline OP
trapper
Ms Cat  Offline OP
trapper

New York
I apologize if this topic has been over posted but I don't get on here much like I used to. Besides the NTA in Springfield Missouri in July, Slim will be at a NY Trappers Seminar in late September. I often post for him on his Facebook, so put that post on today. We found out someone hacked into it on Sunday last week, changed the email on there to a weird account, changed the password, so he can't get into any settings and do any changes. I spent 2 hours today trying to figure out a way in....nope. contacting Facebook is a joke. You can't even delete your account cause they want to verify it's you! Tried that ... Any computer experts on here have any advice ? message me please!! thanks. Laurie.

Last edited by Ms Cat; 06/19/19 07:41 PM.

Laurie Jones-Woolson
Re: Slim's Facebook has been hacked...help! [Re: Ms Cat] #6558787
06/19/19 08:36 PM
06/19/19 08:36 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Did you by chance link the account to a phone number?

Levi
Re: Slim's Facebook has been hacked...help! [Re: Ms Cat] #6558793
06/19/19 09:01 PM
06/19/19 09:01 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Dang that stinks. Sorry I can't help. I've noticed they are still posting on it and not posting anything out of the ordinary

Re: Slim's Facebook has been hacked...help! [Re: Ms Cat] #6558877
06/20/19 12:58 AM
06/20/19 12:58 AM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
Someone from china got into some of my wife's pages. I believe her Apple one. She had gotten an email at am attempt to change passwords. She got it all straightened out. Now if she logs out of any account and tries to log back in she set it so a code is texted to her. So to log in she needs a password and code. But I have no clue how she fixed it.

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Slim's Facebook has been hacked...help! [Re: Ms Cat] #6559350
06/20/19 07:50 PM
06/20/19 07:50 PM
New York
Ms Cat Offline OP
trapper
Ms Cat  Offline OP
trapper

New York
Yeah, we tried that route - but the code that was sent to his cell phone - which USED to be on there, just wanted him to open a new Facebook, it is a mess.
Very odd that someone did that to control the Facebook but hasn't done anything bad on it yet.

The thing is, there is a Slim Pedersen Facebook (which is also locked up and has been for years - tried several times on that one too) - so now we just copy things over to it.
The real one 'was' the Larry (Slim) Pedersen page...…..which now we can't get into at all. He is still logged on on his ipad to it, so can share things...….but we can't change any password or do anything to fix it and get him back in control of it.

Laurie Jones-Woolson
Re: Slim's Facebook has been hacked...help! [Re: Ms Cat] #6559356
06/20/19 08:00 PM
06/20/19 08:00 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Ms Cat
Yeah, we tried that route - but the code that was sent to his cell phone - which USED to be on there, just wanted him to open a new Facebook, it is a mess.
Very odd that someone did that to control the Facebook but hasn't done anything bad on it yet.

The thing is, there is a Slim Pedersen Facebook (which is also locked up and has been for years - tried several times on that one too) - so now we just copy things over to it.
The real one 'was' the Larry (Slim) Pedersen page...…..which now we can't get into at all. He is still logged on on his ipad to it, so can share things...….but we can't change any password or do anything to fix it and get him back in control of it.

That doesn't make any sense? If the password has been changed, the IPAD should have kicked him out of facebook the first time he tried to do anything on it. Something doesn't sound right.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Slim's Facebook has been hacked...help! [Re: Ms Cat] #6559361
06/20/19 08:04 PM
06/20/19 08:04 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
If you are still logged in to one device, you should be able to log out all other devices. But you need to change the password too.

It doesn't make sense that the code they sent through the phone would just want to make a new account. The whole point of the phone number being linked to the account is to make it retrievable.

Levi
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread