No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Paleo Diet. #6565637
06/30/19 08:46 PM
06/30/19 08:46 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline OP
trapper
run  Offline OP
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
This thread is for Catch 22 and Nyhunt fish. There's some good books out there for you two. Grain Brain and Wheat Belly. There's more books out there but I can't remember the titles. Other people are welcome to chime in.

Last edited by run; 06/30/19 08:46 PM.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Paleo Diet. [Re: run] #6565712
06/30/19 10:12 PM
06/30/19 10:12 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
I kinda tried it for a week, probably not enough time to have real results and I admit it was a half hearted attempt because I constantly felt like I was starving.

Re: Paleo Diet. [Re: run] #6565738
06/30/19 11:05 PM
06/30/19 11:05 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Fad diets do not work because if loose weight on one you will just gain it back when you stop. Eat natural foods as a sustainable nutrition program and you will keep off the weight you loose. I am loosing weight while eating approx. 150+ grams of carbs, 150+ grams of protein, 75 grams of fats a day. All natural foods. Nothing processed. 191# today, started the year at 215#. 180# by 9/1.

Check out Dolce Principles.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Paleo Diet. [Re: Marty] #6565739
06/30/19 11:07 PM
06/30/19 11:07 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Marty
Fad diets do not work because if loose weight on one you will just gain it back when you stop. Eat natural foods as a sustainable nutrition program and you will keep off the weight you loose. I am loosing weight while eating approx. 150+ grams of carbs, 150+ grams of protein, 75 grams of fats a day. All natural foods. Nothing processed. 191# today, started the year at 215#. 180# by 9/1.

Check out Dolce Principles.

I wanted to put on muscle, I had no intention of using it as weight loss diet.

Re: Paleo Diet. [Re: run] #6565741
06/30/19 11:18 PM
06/30/19 11:18 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Natural foods will put on muscle. You want high carbs and high protein.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Paleo Diet. [Re: Marty] #6565753
06/30/19 11:41 PM
06/30/19 11:41 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Marty
Natural foods will put on muscle. You want high carbs and high protein.

I agree, like I said I tried it, felt like I was starving, dizzy, miserable. Should of spent the week doing pushups instead I would of been further ahead. I am sure it works for some people though just genetic dependent.

Re: Paleo Diet. [Re: run] #6565767
07/01/19 12:01 AM
07/01/19 12:01 AM
Alpine NY
Rick Otts Offline
trapper
Rick Otts  Offline
trapper

Alpine NY
The keto diet works and yes you will gain the weight back if you go off and don't control your diet.Peopple think they cann go on a diet and lose weight then go back to their bad habits sorry guys it don't work like that.You need to make that diet your way of life.Now it's ok to have a cheat day once a week but don't go crazy.

Rick Otts
Re: Paleo Diet. [Re: run] #6565771
07/01/19 12:04 AM
07/01/19 12:04 AM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
On the opposite end of the spectrum I was always a string bean at 155 pounds and 6'1" tall working in the carpentry and military field. Now that I got a desk job within a year I gained 20 pounds. Much needed. I've been trying to gain weight for years.

Real name Eric
The sharpest hammer in the box of crayons.

Re: Paleo Diet. [Re: run] #6565781
07/01/19 12:52 AM
07/01/19 12:52 AM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
Eat good, healthy food, spend time outdoors doing so strenuous work, put the remote and phone down, go back outside and bust another chord of wood with a go-devil and the pounds will fall off until the muscle starts building!!!! I'm as guilty as anyone too! I tried the paleo diet and it worked. But as mentioned earlier the pounds will come back. I found I could eat all the whoppers and Big Macs I wanted, as long as I ditched the buns. Yes, I thought I would starve. I,believe a good whole food diet, plenty of physical work, and rest will do the body good. After I quit lying to myself about not having time to do things, I found 15 minutes here, 10 minutes there. There is always time to walk 10 minutes, drop down and do some push ups. You don't need money or a fancy gym. Just will power and the outdoors!!!! I have put back on 10 pounds, but will get rid of it. Now if I can convince my wife to stop buying those double chocolate chip cookies I'll have it made.

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Paleo Diet. [Re: run] #6565865
07/01/19 08:43 AM
07/01/19 08:43 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
If you want to gain muscle mass you need to work for it and fuel the body well. Personally, my goal is strong and lean so I want a low body fat % and good strength. Not really concerned about muscle size but I want good nerve to muscle efficiency which equals strength. I am good with the food I am eating now as far as being able to sustain it for quite a while because I am satisfied and have plenty of energy. I am out of venison but can start to try to stock up come Sept......the Dolce principles are a very good nutrition plan.

Eat only natural foods.

Eat often and only enough to be satisfied not enough to be 'full'.

Base what you eat and how much you eat at each meal off of what you have done and what your going to do.

No processed foods at all, ever.....nothing with processed ingredients, no pop.

It works very well. Then try to balance your omega 3 to omega 6 ration down close to 1-1 and make sure you have a good probiotic count in your gut and your on a good path to a healthy life, the extra fat will fall off and you will have all the energy you need. Carbs and protein have 4 calories per gram and fats have 9 so you want to have a 40-40-20 or so carb-protein-fat ratio to loose and have energy. If you want to gain then you raise the fat%.....exercise is necessary.

Find the natural foods that you enjoy to eat and the right amounts of them to give you the macro ratios you need and you have a healthy sustainable nutrition plan. It took me 6 months to gradually change my diet over to 90+% natural foods. Fruits, vegetables, black beans, wild caught fish, grass fed beef, eggs, good quality chicken, honey, organic ketchup, oatmeal, protein/nutritional supplements, probiotic yogurt, coffee with no sugar added cocoa powder.....thats my diet. With the heat and physical work plus working out I am eating over a pound of blueberries a day....this can really work well if you find a way to make it sustainable because you enjoy what you are eating.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Paleo Diet. [Re: run] #6565868
07/01/19 08:48 AM
07/01/19 08:48 AM
Maine
S
SleekOtter Offline
trapper
SleekOtter  Offline
trapper
S

Maine
Weight loss is a lot easier than picking some dumb fancy diet. You need to consume less calories than you burn to lose weight and eat more to gain it. Want to build muscle? Just gotta put your body under a workload and eat about 1-1.5 grams of your weight in protein so your muscles have the materials they need to repair and rebuild. Like Marty said too, eating healthy clean foods goes a long way.

Re: Paleo Diet. [Re: Wild_Idaho] #6565909
07/01/19 09:55 AM
07/01/19 09:55 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Wild_Idaho
On the opposite end of the spectrum I was always a string bean at 155 pounds and 6'1" tall working in the carpentry and military field. Now that I got a desk job within a year I gained 20 pounds. Much needed. I've been trying to gain weight for years.

Same story here.

Then years ago started working in an office and went up to 183. And not in muscle. Now I'm a little more conscious about what I eat and make more of a point to be active. I usually gain some weight during the summer but come fall and winter i drop 10ish pounds. Office life will kill you.

Re: Paleo Diet. [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6566272
07/01/19 09:47 PM
07/01/19 09:47 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
I kinda tried it for a week, probably not enough time to have real results and I admit it was a half hearted attempt because I constantly felt like I was starving.

You need to try it again for 3-4 weeks. Your body has a lot of adjusting to do before you get into the new groove. When I started on it, I felt like I was being poisoned for about 2 weeks. The fact that I had been eating nearly 100% carbs prior to going on the plan was more likely why that happened, rather than the Plan.
As far as feeling like you are starving, as long as you are not eating ANY carbs, all you have to do is eat more of what is on the Plan when you feel hungry. I snack on allowable items between meals. Don't stray away from fatty foods. Grease curbs your appetite for quite a long time and you will still lose weight.

Re: Paleo Diet. [Re: 52Carl] #6566277
07/01/19 10:01 PM
07/01/19 10:01 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by 52Carl
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

You need to try it again for 3-4 weeks. Your body has a lot of adjusting to do before you get into the new groove. When I started on it, I felt like I was being poisoned for about 2 weeks. The fact that I had been eating nearly 100% carbs prior to going on the plan was more likely why that happened, rather than the Plan.
As far as feeling like you are starving, as long as you are not eating ANY carbs, all you have to do is eat more of what is on the Plan when you feel hungry. I snack on allowable items between meals. Don't stray away from fatty foods. Grease curbs your appetite for quite a long time and you will still lose weight.

Keto, and I guess Paleo only work for people who love veggies. I despise veggies, and in less than 3 months Keto put me in the hospital with a ruptured intestine. If you love things like lettuce, broccoli, kale, etc... it works great... but if you're meat, cheese, bread and potatoes and then drop the bread and potatoes... things don't end well.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Paleo Diet. [Re: run] #6566325
07/01/19 11:10 PM
07/01/19 11:10 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I started cutting out sugar a month or so ago... Cut out pop and foods with added sugar (99% of processed foods have sugar added) Started eating whole foods... fresh fruit and veggies, etc...

I started at a 38 waist. Now I'm having a time keeping a 36 waist pant snug enough. Last I checked I was down to 215 lbs.

I haven't started an exercise regimen... My job entails a lot of walking and climbing. And chores around the house help.

It isn't miserable. You can pretty much eat all you want as long as it isn't processed garbage... Ditch the sugar.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread