No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Creepy experience-DGU? #6568532
07/05/19 05:08 PM
07/05/19 05:08 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
I leave for work every morning at 4:45. This morning around 5:00 my wife was sitting at the kitchen table doing her bible study, and heard the back door knob rattle. She got up to look, and there was nothing there. A while later, around 6:30, she heard it again, and went and looked, still nothing. Later in the morning around 8:00 she was upstairs getting the kids up, and happened to look out in the field across the street to see some guy wandering around in the pouring rain. She thought it was odd so kept watching him, and watched him wander in to the neighbors backyard, and then from there wander directly across the street and start marching up our driveway. Freaked out, she grabbed the pistol and ran downstairs and got to the backdoor just as this creep was at the back porch, and she screamed at him to stop and go way, and held the pistol up where it was visible, without pointing at the guy. (Not sure if this counts as a defensive gun use). He stopped, stared up at the sky for a couple minutes, and then wandered directly off to the other neighbors house, and starts pounding on their front door. The neighbor opened the door and the guy pushed past him into his living room. The neighbor shoved him back out, and the guy starts ranting about how he's supposed to be meeting johnny the indian here. The neighbor tells him to leave, and the guy wanders down the street, at which point the cops were called and they hauled him away.

Obviously the door knob rattling this morning was this creep checking door knobs. I hate to think what could have happened if the door had been unlocked, and my wife had found him in the house at 5:00 in the morning, or if he had kept coming up the stairs and tried to break in the back door with my wife standing there ready to shoot. It could have been a lot worse, and I'm thankful it turned out rather uneventful.

Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: ] #6568544
07/05/19 05:40 PM
07/05/19 05:40 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Originally Posted by dirtydogtrapping
Thankfully your family is safe. Mental illness is a real problem, what gets me is they offer them meds but never follow up on if they even take them. Scary [/align] crazy

Could have been whacked out on drugs too!

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: loosegoose] #6568547
07/05/19 05:44 PM
07/05/19 05:44 PM
Wisconsin
V
virgil1972 Offline
trapper
virgil1972  Offline
trapper
V

Wisconsin
I had a guy a few years ago try to kick my door in at 2 in the morning. Was wasted and thought the people he lived with wouldn't let him in. He was so wasted he didn't notice the 45 in his face.

Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: loosegoose] #6568603
07/05/19 07:09 PM
07/05/19 07:09 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
definitely counts as defensive use. im glad she didn't get hurt or have to shoot him

Last edited by danny clifton; 07/05/19 07:09 PM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: loosegoose] #6568619
07/05/19 07:40 PM
07/05/19 07:40 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
we had a woman hear last spring would let herself into houses and start getting ready to take a bath.

first house the guy was across the street mowing the ball diamond and though that was weird there was a car in his driveway.

second next town over , the people heard the water running and got up to investigate and she was running a bath.

the way small town departments work it wasn't till after the second had let her go they heard about the first. the incidents were only about an hour apart.

the next day she was following a young lady around in the next city over turn after turn after turn the young lady went around the block 2x intentionally and then called the police from her cell.
word had gotten around and she earned herself a 72 hour metal health hold.

Monday the local face book info was going around warning people near the state line that there was a guy in a white van that would pull into rural homes and farms near the Wis ILL border and start looking around and going into sheds. he would not leave till the land owners gun came out.
so they were warning call the sheriff as soon as the van was seen and get hem on the way.

keep your doors locked even when home it buys you time .

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: loosegoose] #6568626
07/05/19 07:45 PM
07/05/19 07:45 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
if it something similar were to happen again she should call the police as soon as he left the door and get them on the way.

sometimes people make up stories if they see you have a gun. reporting that you saw him trying door nobs and saw him coming to the door and had a gun for protection but didn't point it at him only yelled stop and go away , before they would have a chance to call on you.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: loosegoose] #6568639
07/05/19 08:14 PM
07/05/19 08:14 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Dude, that's flat out scary. Sounds as though your Lady had it under control which is wonderful, kudos. Glad all of you are ok man.....

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6568646
07/05/19 08:32 PM
07/05/19 08:32 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
if it something similar were to happen again she should call the police as soon as he left the door and get them on the way.

sometimes people make up stories if they see you have a gun. reporting that you saw him trying door nobs and saw him coming to the door and had a gun for protection but didn't point it at him only yelled stop and go away , before they would have a chance to call on you.

She and the neighbor both were in the process of calling when the police showed up, apparently he was creeping around somewhere else earlier and they had called the cops.
The neighbor saw the guy out this afternoon on the other side of town talking-to a telephone pole, so apparently the police didn't feel they had enough to keep him on crazy

Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: loosegoose] #6568688
07/05/19 09:46 PM
07/05/19 09:46 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
He is going to end up getting shot.

Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: loosegoose] #6568693
07/05/19 09:49 PM
07/05/19 09:49 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
I'm glad your family is ok and your wife didn't have to use the gun. He was definitely on something

Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: loosegoose] #6568705
07/05/19 10:02 PM
07/05/19 10:02 PM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
WOW! That could of been a bad deal.

Last edited by snowy; 07/05/19 10:03 PM.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: loosegoose] #6568795
07/06/19 07:00 AM
07/06/19 07:00 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by loosegoose
I leave for work every morning at 4:45. This morning around 5:00 my wife was sitting at the kitchen table doing her bible study, and heard the back door knob rattle. She got up to look, and there was nothing there. A while later, around 6:30, she heard it again, and went and looked, still nothing. Later in the morning around 8:00 she was upstairs getting the kids up, and happened to look out in the field across the street to see some guy wandering around in the pouring rain. She thought it was odd so kept watching him, and watched him wander in to the neighbors backyard, and then from there wander directly across the street and start marching up our driveway. Freaked out, she grabbed the pistol and ran downstairs and got to the backdoor just as this creep was at the back porch, and she screamed at him to stop and go way, and held the pistol up where it was visible, without pointing at the guy. (Not sure if this counts as a defensive gun use). He stopped, stared up at the sky for a couple minutes, and then wandered directly off to the other neighbors house, and starts pounding on their front door. The neighbor opened the door and the guy pushed past him into his living room. The neighbor shoved him back out, and the guy starts ranting about how he's supposed to be meeting johnny the indian here. The neighbor tells him to leave, and the guy wanders down the street, at which point the cops were called and they hauled him away.

Obviously the door knob rattling this morning was this creep checking door knobs. I hate to think what could have happened if the door had been unlocked, and my wife had found him in the house at 5:00 in the morning, or if he had kept coming up the stairs and tried to break in the back door with my wife standing there ready to shoot. It could have been a lot worse, and I'm thankful it turned out rather uneventful.

You live pretty close to that bike trail don't you? Always said I hate those things for the fact that I've noticed a lot of the less pleasant travelers of the world seem to use them rather than the highways for travel. This town's a mess with all the meth, but I don't think it's any different anywhere else in the country.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: loosegoose] #6568800
07/06/19 07:08 AM
07/06/19 07:08 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
our place is very rural.if you'd a told me 20 yrs ago i'd be carrying while just workin around this little farm and town i'd a laughed at ya but it is the way it is anymore i guess,

like that old commercial"don't leave home without it"

Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: WadeRyan] #6568809
07/06/19 07:32 AM
07/06/19 07:32 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by WadeRyan

You live pretty close to that bike trail don't you? Always said I hate those things for the fact that I've noticed a lot of the less pleasant travelers of the world seem to use them rather than the highways for travel. This town's a mess with all the meth, but I don't think it's any different anywhere else in the country.

Yeah, we're just a couple blocks up the hill from a bike path. I've noticed a few unsavory characters using it, so I don't let them ride it alone for now. They love going down there to pick mulberries and such, but it'll be a few years before they can do it on their own. When I was elementary school-aged, I used to ride my bike all over the place all day long with no issues, now I don't think I'd let my kids do the same, makes me sad.

Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: loosegoose] #6568814
07/06/19 07:47 AM
07/06/19 07:47 AM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
Eek that's creepy. Glad it turned out OK.
Jim

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: loosegoose] #6568985
07/06/19 01:48 PM
07/06/19 01:48 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
when somebody has the drop on you, gun in hand safety off hammer c o c k e d, no way you draw and get a bullet in him unless he misses or isn't really prepared to shoot. you can pretend to be wyatt earp on a keyboard but real life is a different story. if your sure you will get shot anyway then what do you have to lose? if the guy is talking and claiming trespass and saying leave, then leaving is the smart play. don't let your pride get you killed. now you can say thugs don't really have any firearm skill or whatever but how do you know? gunfight should always be your LAST choice. If you had killed that guy now you have to convince a jury your life was in danger. post bond, hire a lawyer. If you can walk away then start walking

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: loosegoose] #6569038
07/06/19 04:24 PM
07/06/19 04:24 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Online content
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Online Content
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
One of he reasons I belong to USCCA with their insurance. Self defense with a weapon can occur anywhere. Feels much better to have the protection

Re: Creepy experience-DGU? [Re: loosegoose] #6569135
07/06/19 09:22 PM
07/06/19 09:22 PM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
We have weird stuff like that going on all the time, people banging on doors - even cops banging on doors....

For a while, a big scam was some little kind would bang on a door, saying he [or she...] needed a ride to New Haven, then the parents would rob the joint.

My buddy who lives a couple of house over once called and asked me if there was a kid knocing at my door, I told him no - my gates are padlocked shut, so NOBODY gets in here, and if they do they risk getting shot.

One time - some foo' was eyeballing things and noticed I had 7 rifles on the hood of my old pick up truck.
I never seen a man turn bright white so fast....... and to think, all I was doing was sighting them..........................

Sometimes I wish I lived far away from humanity, but then sometimes I wish I was living back in Brooklyn N.Y.

Either way, I am so sick and tired of people thinking that I owe them something - when in fact, I don't.

Thank God nothing bad came out of this particular case loosegoose mentioned, that would have kept me up at night for a long long time.

Last edited by Big George W; 07/06/19 09:26 PM. Reason: remove word which could have been misconstrued

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread