No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Suggestions on whitetail hunt NW Minnesota? [Re: NE Wildlife] #6569421
07/07/19 01:49 PM
07/07/19 01:49 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Clearwater is another good county, lots of public ground as well. I have not heard of that outfitter, he’s probably 30 minutes away. Bucksandbears most likely knows about him.

Our rifle season typically is first Saturday of November.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Suggestions on whitetail hunt NW Minnesota? [Re: trapper les] #6569431
07/07/19 02:10 PM
07/07/19 02:10 PM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
Originally Posted by trapper les
There is so much state land in my neck of the woods that an outfitter cant guarantee a hunt without competition. Any body can go anywhere, so ...no outfitters that I know of. There is a strong tradition of locals hunting too, for themselves.

Hope there’s room for a Canadian walking around down there in a few months! I heard about some heavy mass 150”ers down there.

Cold as ice!
Re: Suggestions on whitetail hunt NW Minnesota? [Re: NE Wildlife] #6569436
07/07/19 02:19 PM
07/07/19 02:19 PM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
There is lots of room. I have a few hunts I've always wanted to do, but so hard to get to it's near impossible. But I know the country.

The thing up here is that the fishing resort community would still like to sell about anybody accomodations, and tell you to go hunt right on top of some family that's been hunting there for 80 years. It goes against tradition.

I don't care if a resort makes it or not, to be fair, if they don't stick to fishing. And even then, I am indifferent to some degree.

For a while there, bear hunting was bringing in a bad element, and those folks, once guided, want to come on there own after that. It's that way with deer hunting too.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread