No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #6578978
07/22/19 11:44 AM
07/22/19 11:44 AM
new york
H
henpecked1 Offline
trapper
henpecked1  Offline
trapper
H

new york
A French Lesson and disapearing act.

Burl and I were heading to Mule Creek Pass to check some traps after a long day’s work at the copper mine. As we approached Needles Eye just above Black Jack Springs we were stopped by the DPS and we were informed we would have to wait a bit as there was a film crew making a commercial with some fancy cars. We informed the officer we had to get thru to check some traps as required by law and anything he could do to get us thru would be appreciated. Well he got on the radio and talked to his partner on the other end and they decided to let us pass and cautioned us about going slow as they had wet the road for filming purposes. We continued on our way and approached the lite up area where they were filming. The film crew was from France and they were friendly enough waving at us shouting in a language we did not quite understand. When we checked in with the next officer he asked how long we would be and we told him a couple hours to check all the traps. He wished us luck and off we went. Well we snagged a fox and a small skunk which sprayed a little bit on Burl. I did not think he smelled too bad so back in the truck we got and back to home we headed. As we approached the DPS officer he started to back up, talking to us from a distance, it appeared he could smell Burl. I mentioned we had caught a skunk, which no doubt the officer had figured out already. Well he gets on the radio and calls ahead to inform his partner at the other end. The laughing officer then approaches us and informs us to drive real slow, especially where they are filming as he wanted to make sure we did not get any dust on those new cars and upset the film crew as they had been complaining a lot about the traffic. We being the careful law abiding citizens that we were, we eased on down the road. The slower we drove the more I realized that Burl had got hit pretty good. Around the bend we went and there was the film crew with those fancy sports cars, well talk about hand jestures and vocalization, it appears they had never smelt a skunk before. We waved back and offered a few hand jestures of our own but when they started throwing rocks we decided to pick up the speed a little. Well the DPS officer at the other end had a big grin on his face and waved us by and invited back the next night. We said same time, and see ya later. Well the next day, them fellas were gone. Burl made a comment about them not being real friendly anyhow..

Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: henpecked1] #6578981
07/22/19 11:47 AM
07/22/19 11:47 AM
Wisconsin
V
virgil1972 Offline
trapper
virgil1972  Offline
trapper
V

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by henpecked1
A French Lesson and disapearing act.

Burl and I were heading to Mule Creek Pass to check some traps after a long day’s work at the copper mine. As we approached Needles Eye just above Black Jack Springs we were stopped by the DPS and we were informed we would have to wait a bit as there was a film crew making a commercial with some fancy cars. We informed the officer we had to get thru to check some traps as required by law and anything he could do to get us thru would be appreciated. Well he got on the radio and talked to his partner on the other end and they decided to let us pass and cautioned us about going slow as they had wet the road for filming purposes. We continued on our way and approached the lite up area where they were filming. The film crew was from France and they were friendly enough waving at us shouting in a language we did not quite understand. When we checked in with the next officer he asked how long we would be and we told him a couple hours to check all the traps. He wished us luck and off we went. Well we snagged a fox and a small skunk which sprayed a little bit on Burl. I did not think he smelled too bad so back in the truck we got and back to home we headed. As we approached the DPS officer he started to back up, talking to us from a distance, it appeared he could smell Burl. I mentioned we had caught a skunk, which no doubt the officer had figured out already. Well he gets on the radio and calls ahead to inform his partner at the other end. The laughing officer then approaches us and informs us to drive real slow, especially where they are filming as he wanted to make sure we did not get any dust on those new cars and upset the film crew as they had been complaining a lot about the traffic. We being the careful law abiding citizens that we were, we eased on down the road. The slower we drove the more I realized that Burl had got hit pretty good. Around the bend we went and there was the film crew with those fancy sports cars, well talk about hand jestures and vocalization, it appears they had never smelt a skunk before. We waved back and offered a few hand jestures of our own but when they started throwing rocks we decided to pick up the speed a little. Well the DPS officer at the other end had a big grin on his face and waved us by and invited back the next night. We said same time, and see ya later. Well the next day, them fellas were gone. Burl made a comment about them not being real friendly anyhow..

Should have thrown the glands back at them

Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: nightlife] #6579397
07/23/19 12:19 AM
07/23/19 12:19 AM
Illinois
I
I57trapper Offline OP
trapper
I57trapper  Offline OP
trapper
I

Illinois
Originally Posted by nightlife
Not a trapping story but one that has puzzled me since it t happened

When I came back from living in China the wife kids and me bought a 120 acre farm just north of the snake river state forest one night I had insomnia and couldn’t sleep so was up late reading, I had let the dogs out into the fenced area in the front of the house and I am not sure how long they were out there maybe an hour or so, but suddenly there was a loud bang on the door followed by another and another along with barking from the dogs.

Well I did what any one else was on here would do I grabbed my gun and a flashlight and went to see what was going on, when i opened the door I was almost bowled over by all 3 dogs trying to get into the house at the same time, 2 of them immediately hid one behind the sofa and the other under a chair, while Charlie my coon hound took up position behind me looking out the door and growling not his ready to fight growl but more frightened and uncertain.

Charlie and me had encountered a lot of scary things in our time together and this was the only time I ever seen where he was not not ready to go in and fight even the time we ran into a pack of wolves he was frightened but was between me and them scared but I think if I had asked him to he would have gone out and attacked them but here he was not just scared but terrified

Well I flashed the light around the yard but there was nothing there, and then I looked up, there in the southern sky was what I can only describe as a glowing ball about 2 hand spans above the tree line and looking about the size of a tennis ball held out arms length away

I just stood there on the porch staring trying to figure out what the the thing was, first though was it was a chopper because it was not moving but there was no sound none at all, and then it was gone, like someone shut off a light

Another strange thing is that there were no night noises and anyone who has spent time in the country in spring knows there is always something making noise but it it was totally silent not even a bug making noise

The next day Charlie was mostly back to normal though he was on high alert acting nervous and the other 2 dog my daughter had to coach out from where they had been hiding alll night and by the end of the day every thing was back to normal

To this day I sometimes think about it and wonder what that light was, it wasn’t a plane or chopper, it might have been light reflecting off something but what and what about the dogs and why were all the night sounds quite

Maybe someone here can explain it I sure can’t

Somethings I have kind of come to conclusions on are that it was nothing I can really explain, but whatever it was I believe was between 1 1/2 and 2 miles away don’t ask me why I think that’s how far it was it’s just an impression
I have it could have Ben further or even closer it’s hard to tell when you don’t have anything to measure against

If someone has a logical explanation I would like to hear it

Man I just hear of so many unexplained lights in the woods. Some people out there, I would blow it off. But Trappers? I tend to hold us to a higher standard. And if we have a hard time explaining something in the woods, then I definitely believe there’s more to the story.

Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #6579400
07/23/19 12:44 AM
07/23/19 12:44 AM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
Another one I just remembered, not trapping related but it was definitely weird. I'm not one of those Sci-Fi people who is obsessed with aliens/E.T. life out there. I don't discount the possibility that in all of the universe there could be another planet that supports some form of advanced life forms. I'm of the opinion that until I see hard and fast proof I'll just assume they aren't out there. But a night spent alone, camping under the stars in the southern Utah desert has had me thinking ever since. It was 2004 and I was 16 years old, camping about 50 miles outside of Loa, Utah in the desert in the Capital Reef. I was just sleeping in my sleeping bag. No tent, mesmerized by the best stars I've ever seen, to this day. No idea what time it was. Probably around midnight, when I saw a light high up in the sky, moving roughly SE to NW at a steady, consistent pace, pretty high up there. I didn't think much of it. Looked like satellites I had seen in the past, but moving a bit faster. The light was solid and not blinking. Normal yellow/white light color. Then all of a sudden it dropped at an incredible rate of speed straight down, almost directly over me. The light was much brighter and I would estimate it to be anywhere between 1/4 mile and 3/4 mile up. Really was hard to tell how far, but it definitely was SIGNIFICANTLY closer than before and it dropped down from the height of a commercial jet engine plane at cruising altitude or more to right over me. When it came down it stopped moving and stayed there for about 3 or 4 seconds, then went straight back up to where it had been before and continued it's consistent steady trajectory in the from SE to NW. It didn't scare me. In fact it fascinated me and to this day I still wonder what it was. Was it an "alien" life form? Maybe. Was it a satellite? No. This was long before drones were popular or even heard about in a recreational sense of the word and the height it was at was way to high for a drone anyway. I will never know what it was, but it sure was a very incredible experience. And no I was not on any illicit substances.

Real name Eric
The sharpest hammer in the box of crayons.

Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #6579428
07/23/19 06:17 AM
07/23/19 06:17 AM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin

Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #6799522
03/12/20 02:07 PM
03/12/20 02:07 PM
Illinois
I
I57trapper Offline OP
trapper
I57trapper  Offline OP
trapper
I

Illinois
Well I wanna refresh my post since it’s been several months, any new strange sightings or occurances on the trapline? Was an AWESOME discussion last time I asked.

Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #6799747
03/12/20 06:04 PM
03/12/20 06:04 PM
Pottsboro TX Grayson county
J
Jiggamitch Offline
trapper
Jiggamitch  Offline
trapper
J

Pottsboro TX Grayson county
My wife and I were night fishing the bank of a lake around 1 a.m. and I noticed a light slowly coming across the water toward us. The light was rotating end over end in a forward direction. It appeared to be very low as it approached us, but it was completely silent and we could not make out any shape. We were very confused. I still don't understand what it could have been. It was if someone threw a flashlight across the lake at us.

2 weeks ago I was climbing out of a beaver pond under a bridge when my phone fell out of my pocket and landed on a wooden plank just above the water. It didn't bounce or anything, but straddled the 2" board perfectly. The city guys that hired me were awestruck.

Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #6799954
03/12/20 09:02 PM
03/12/20 09:02 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
I have one that isn't trapping related either,but its definitley strange.Years ago we were camping and the subject of an old abandoned farm house that we all knew about came up.We'd been by it a thousand times but it's inside a gated pasture so we'd never been inside.We'd seen pictures of it dating to around 1900,with the family that built it.It was quite a showplace in its day,a 2-story monstrosity.Being teen agers we all piled in to a truck and drove out to the field where it sat.Going in the backdoor,you were in the kitchen,shining our flashlights to our left showed an arch way with columns on each side with bookcases full of books covered by glass doors.It entered the living room,a small cozy place with a rock fireplace.This place hadn't been occupied since the fifties(this took place in the 70's),and alot of personal effects were still in place.When we were leaving my brother wanted a souvenir so he opened up a book case and took a small book.The next day he asked me if I wanted to make another trip to the house,I told him not really.He said he had to go back,and when I asked him why he showed me the book.I opened it up and on the inside cover was our youngest sisters name and date,along with a personal note from the teacher to her.Apparently the female of the house had been a school teacher and had our sister as a student.Our sister died in 1969 of brain cancer.Of all the books on those shelves thats the one he grabbed.He didn't look at this as a good omen,one look at his face was all it took,he was taking this as a bad omen,that he shouldn't have taken it.I told him I thought it was great he had something from her from when she was little,he looked at it like he was bringing a world of hurt down on his head.A couple days later I noticed the book was gone and when I asked him about it he just said he took care of it.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #6800699
03/13/20 02:49 PM
03/13/20 02:49 PM
Ridgefield, WA
B
Bearguy Offline
trapper
Bearguy  Offline
trapper
B

Ridgefield, WA
I did ADC work for timber companies for years, which included hunting and trapping porcupines in August and Sept., breeding season. I would take off late in the afternoon and check and set traps, and then drive the logging roads looking for porkies waddling along and dispatch them. I took a break from driving one night on the edge of some old growth Doug Fir, big trees. I stretched my legs by walking down the road a bit and back. I stopped at some point and scanned the clear star filled sky, and saw a shooting star. I though it kinda weird that it seemed to be coming right at me. It disappeared and I looked away from the sky. A few minutes later a tremendous crash occurred in the big trees near me. Was it a meteorite? It sure seemed like it.

All you "Woke" people need to go back to sleep!
Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #6928795
07/13/20 03:09 PM
07/13/20 03:09 PM
Illinois Kentucky Line
Massac Offline
trapper
Massac  Offline
trapper

Illinois Kentucky Line
Bumping this post, let's hear of some more unexplained stories that you all have experienced

Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #6928825
07/13/20 03:43 PM
07/13/20 03:43 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
I had a dog proof coon trap wired to a 4 inch ash tree. The next morning a boar coon was caught, climbed the ash tree, and fell into the "Y" of the tree and hung himself. At first, I thought he was alive just hanging there. I poked him and he was dead. I thought that was about the most bizarre thing I'd ever seen.

As God is my witness, this is true. The next morning when I checked the very same trap another boar coon had gotten in the same trap. He climbed the ash tree same as the other one, and hung himself in the "Y" just like the coon did the day before. Weird!

I have made that same set on the same tree years after that and caught coon in it. But, none ever climbed the tree.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #6928839
07/13/20 04:00 PM
07/13/20 04:00 PM
South Dakota
M
M.S. Pickins Offline
trapper
M.S. Pickins  Offline
trapper
M

South Dakota
When I was a little kid I always took my mutt out for a walk down the crick after school. She brushed up a big bobcat right in front of us and chased it up a big dead cottonwood. I went over and the cat was crouched in the "y" of the tree and was maybe 10 feet from where I was standing and we locked eyes a stared at each other for a really long time. I remeber the sun was setting and that image is still seared into my brain, very cool. Buried that old dog many years later under the same tree.

Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #6928882
07/13/20 05:13 PM
07/13/20 05:13 PM
Ohio
N
newtoga Offline
trapper
newtoga  Offline
trapper
N

Ohio
Was walking under an expressway bridge and found a colt 45 pistol.
Also caught a handful of muskrats that day around that bridge.
Back in the day fox season came in 2-3 weeks before raccoon and muskrat season. We were allowed fox, skunk and opposum. A pond on my uncle place was full of muskrats and I had a couple fox sets on the pond dam so I looked at rat sign around the pond every day. One day about 10 days before muskrat season noticed a half dozen stakes in the pond. Checked them out and somebody had set foot traps in big feed beds.
I had some possums in the truck so I skinned them and put the carcasses in the traps. Next day traps were gone.
When season came in I caught around 20 muskrats in that pond.
I hate cheaters.

lifetime member NTA, OSTA, GTA
Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #6929613
07/14/20 01:23 PM
07/14/20 01:23 PM
Nova Scotia, Canada
scotiantrapper Offline
trapper
scotiantrapper  Offline
trapper

Nova Scotia, Canada
I’ve seen white lights in the woods a few times. The last time I couldn’t tell what was making it but I know nobody was around for at least 30 miles. Pitch black and running traps as well as checking deer cams. I started walking down towards it but when I stopped it would stop, it seemed it was leading me somewhere but I didn’t have the balls to follow it. If I ever see it again I’m going to follow it. It was the brightest white light I’ve ever seen and only lit up about 10 feet around it.
I do know there used to be an old homestead up there in the 1800’s and they lost quite a few kids sadly, I can’t help but think maybe the light and them are somehow connected.

Last edited by scotiantrapper; 07/14/20 01:25 PM.
Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #7220526
03/19/21 12:22 AM
03/19/21 12:22 AM
Illinois Kentucky Line
Massac Offline
trapper
Massac  Offline
trapper

Illinois Kentucky Line
Bumping this post due to the Cattle Mutilation thread. Let's hear some strange and unnatural occurrances you all have experienced. They don't even necessarily have to be trapping related

Not trapping related

Here's a couple I can think of involving my family..

I must have been 7 or so years old, so this was around 2002. We have a cow pasture that belongs to my neighbours about 200 yards from the house I lived in, and the house my mom still lives in. She woke up one night and from here bedroom window, she noticed two bright lights coming down at about the level of the top of this big old oak on the corner of the pasture. One of the lights was wider and duller than that one in the center. The light in the center was bright white coming from a source that she could not see. She said she stood there for about 10 seconds, mesmerized. And then all of the sudden like someone flipped a light switch they vanished. I was young then, I don't remember every hearing about any cows being mutilated, not do I remember seeing any dead cows in that area.. we used run like wild Injuns all over that pasture and around our property, creeks, and woods when I was a kid.

My maternal grandmother has a lot of sisters. And they had a lot of paranormal experiences happen to them from when they lived up around Waverly and Ana Moss, Iowa. This event occured after my grandma had moved down here to Massac County in Illinois. She had a large bay window on the front of her house and at night it would illuminate the staircase leading to the upstairs bedrooms. From her bedroom with the door open, you could have full view of the staircase. She said one night while lying awake in bed she noticed a shadow moving out of the corner of her eye. When she turned to see what it was, it was a shadowy figure running up the steps. She said it ran into her room, knocked over a couple stacked totes and then jumped for her. She said she screamed like she had never screamed before and that it disappeared at that moment.

Last one

When my mom was a little girl she lived in the same house from the above story. A house that I have also been in growing up. The house my mom lives in and the one I grew up in, the one from the first story was later built about a quarter mile back behind my grandma's house. Anyways, when my mom was a little girl, she looked out her bedroom window one bright moonlit night back in the early 1970s towards where her future house would be built roughly 30 years later. She noticed a figure in all white walking through the tall grasses. This figure would have been walking roughly where her current driveway is. She never told me or my brother this story until AFTER what happens next. Flashforward to about 2010, me and a friend are out riding our four-wheelers and we are at a neighbours house about a mile down the road. My younger brother was left at home. He called me with fright in his voice saying that while he was sitting in the garage with both doors open he heard some crunching of the gravel that made up the driveway. He looked up and saw a figure in all white cross in front of him outside of the garage and then continue walking until it stepped into the front yard. He was young, scared, and obviously didn't go chasing it down. He called me and told me what he saw and me and my friend immediately headed that way full throttle and were there at the scene of the incident within a minute and a half. We got spotlights out and sped all around the property and never found a thing. Could this be the same white figure my mom saw as a little girl walking in the direction of her future house? After we told my mom of my brothers incident did we learn of my mother's incident as a little girl.

I know a lot of people discount the paranormal and I'm not exactly so sure where I stand on it my self. I do know very credible people who have had some very creepy stuff happen to them and I've heard the stories multiple times over the years with no variance in the story. I just haven't had anything personally happen to me

Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #7220539
03/19/21 12:43 AM
03/19/21 12:43 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

This isn't unexplained or even really that strange I guess. But back in the late 80s I had a coon trap down along Jovita Creek. On my way to check it I walked by some black garbage bags several times, just figured it was trash someone had dumped out of their car.
A week or so after I pulled the trap Brandon Bootey and a couple of his little buddies we're poking around in junk down by the creek and opened up one of the bags to find one of the "Green River Killer" victims.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #7220542
03/19/21 12:55 AM
03/19/21 12:55 AM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

^^^^^^
Kind of an interesting side note;

I had a carcass pile about 30 yards away. There were bones from years of carcasses.
I learned several years later that I had somewhat inadvertently caused the investigators to look at all of us trappers in the region as potential suspects.

While that mayhem was happening I was always surprised when they would report finding another body, and it had been found in an area that either I had trapped or someone I knew had trapped; Green river, Jovita creek, Scatter Creek, Star Lake, and a few other spots. It even got me wondering in that direction.

Turns out the guy was not a trapper. But he did live about one mile from where I am sitting right now.

Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: ] #7220568
03/19/21 02:09 AM
03/19/21 02:09 AM
Illinois Kentucky Line
Massac Offline
trapper
Massac  Offline
trapper

Illinois Kentucky Line
Two lines, so do you still smell a pipe being fired up from time to time? Very interesting story and thank you for sharing

Waggler thank you for sharing as well. That is a very creepy story, you were pretty much trapping along the dumping grounds of one of the prolific serial killer in American history.

Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #7220574
03/19/21 03:21 AM
03/19/21 03:21 AM
Illinois Kentucky Line
Massac Offline
trapper
Massac  Offline
trapper

Illinois Kentucky Line
Once again these aren't outdoor or trapping related, so sorry, but here's another few ghost stories that doesn't involve my family, but a family that I'm pretty close with. I highly doubt anyone on here would even know them but just for privacy reasons I'll refer to them as man, mother, son, etc

The father and mother built a house out in the country, there first born son would play with an imaginary friend named "Lindgren", first off what little boy at the age of 5 or 6 comes up with a name like that. It's a Swedish name and we had a lot of Swedes and Germans settle in my area way back when. Well there would be a few instances where the boy (who is probably 5 years older than me now) would be playing with his toys and when it would be time to go somewhere his parents would have him put them all away. They would make sure his toys were picked up before they left the house. Whenever they would return from running the errands they would come home to all the toys being strewn about the room. Another time the parents were getting the boy dressed and could not find his shoes even though they were on a bench in the kitchen minutes prior. I guess some.other things that I haven't heard about had been happening recently, but the mom became aggravated and yelled "Where are the shoes? I know you have them!" Then there was a loud thud from behind the closet door in the hallway. She opens the closet door and lo and behold the pair of shoes are there on the floor in the middle of the closet.

One time the wife had a cookie sheet fly across the kitchen right in front of her eyes and smack against the kitchen wall.

The man had woke up on several occasions over the course of a few years to an old timey woman "floating" above him, parallel with him.

I stayed the night at that house one time when I was about 16. Me and a girl were in the back room. There was a small window to the outside above the couch we were sitting on. There was a quick series of knocks on that window and I had though it was the son that lived who was my age or his cousin who was my age as well messing with us. (I've been beast friends with the two that were my age for as long as I can remember). I quickly looked out the window and there was no one there not was that any vegetation that could have made that knock. This room me and the girl were in was at the very end of the hall on the left side. At the end of the hall was a solid wall. About 30 seconds after the window knock, I noticed a shadow cross under the crack between the bottom of the door and the floor coming as if someone had stepped out of the solid wall, which I immediately thought as strange. Immediate without hesitation, I jumped up off the couch flung the door open, and the hall was empty with no clear cause of "who" had walked past that door. They had no inside pets.

There's lots of stories this man and his wife can tell of their experience at that house. They no longer live there, they now live out on their family's farm which is where I do a lot of trapping. But at one point when they were originally building that house where so many incidents had occured, that man walked around close to where they were building with some dowsing rods and found over 15 spots where there was something buried under the earth. To this day he thinks he inadvertently built his house atop, or right next to an unmarked cemetery.

I need to visit this man soon, he had lung cancer several years ago and had a lobectomy done to remove it. Now there's a spot back in his lungs and he has a malignant tumor in his brain. These are very good people that I think a lot of.

Last edited by Massac; 03/19/21 03:22 AM.
Re: Strange/unexplained stories on the trapline [Re: I57trapper] #7220815
03/19/21 10:32 AM
03/19/21 10:32 AM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Twolines,
I believe you. I had a somewhat similar experience a few years ago when a friend of mine drowned. However, he only stuck around for about a week, then left. I can't quite explain this type of thing from my theological perspective, but there are some things that I guess we just don't have all the answers for.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread