No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6572294
07/12/19 04:50 AM
07/12/19 04:50 AM
WYOMING
J
John Graham Offline
trapper
John Graham  Offline
trapper
J

WYOMING
Well, since Keith Gregerson is the last demo person on Friday, and he requested an hour and a half (at least) I figured we'd wind down about 6- 6:30. A short break, to grab a bottle of water or whatever, maybe eat a burger, and we'll start the round table. So, lets shoot for 7 to start.

Keith gives a great talk, and is quite the presenter. He definately gets his point across.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6572313
07/12/19 06:43 AM
07/12/19 06:43 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Thanks John, Friday will be a travel day for me, that late time slot will be easier to attend

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6572403
07/12/19 09:49 AM
07/12/19 09:49 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
John, are there bleacher type seating at the demo area or should we bring chairs? These old bones can get tired after a while.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6572634
07/12/19 05:23 PM
07/12/19 05:23 PM
WYOMING
J
John Graham Offline
trapper
John Graham  Offline
trapper
J

WYOMING
Good question! We have several mobile aluminum bleachers that we'll put in a semi-circle. With that being said, I still welcome and encourage you to bring your own chair, IF that is what you prefer.

We'll cut the grass around the demo area, and we'll just make sure that no one is blocking anyone else's view, and we're good to go.

I will probably have a few of the pop-up sun canopies for a few people to sit under as well.

We'll have water at the concession stands, but feel free to bring your own.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6574091
07/15/19 04:55 AM
07/15/19 04:55 AM
WYOMING
J
John Graham Offline
trapper
John Graham  Offline
trapper
J

WYOMING
Ok, a couple of questions that seem to keep coming up:

Are dogs allowed? Yes, in the camping part of the fairgrounds, and outside (on a leash) but NOT in the buildings

Is there a charge for entry? Yes, $5 for 18 and over. You'll get a wristband and that's for the 2 days. (Not the banquet) With that you'll get one entry into a drawing for a Ruger 22-250 rifle, that will be drawn for @ 6 PM Saturday evening after the last demo.

Are banquet tickets available now? No, but they can be bought when you get here, along with wristbands for entry. They will be sold on a first come, first serve basis.

Is there Showers/Bathrooms in camping area? Yes, there is.

Can I set up camping on Thursday Night? Yes, you can. The camping area is a grassy spot, fairly large, at the North end of the fairgrounds. The fairgrounds will be charging for the camping spots, NOT us. $5/Night for tent camping, $25/night for camper hook ups. Pay at the fairgrounds office during business hours.

Will there be food available? Yes, from Noon until 7 pm on Friday, and then from 7 a.m. Saturday until 6 p.m. Saturday evening. AND, there are 3-4 restaurants within 1/2 mile. Some within a few hundred yards of NE corner of fairgrounds

Will there be an ATM? Yes, there will be an ATM on site also.

Thanks to all!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6574185
07/15/19 08:50 AM
07/15/19 08:50 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

John is a leader in this industry and anytime he puts his mind to something he gets it hammered out smooth and straight. Coyote Days should be a winner for sure.
Good luck John and best to you and the family!

Mark

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6574590
07/15/19 09:10 PM
07/15/19 09:10 PM
Montana
B
B. Shope Offline
trapper
B. Shope  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
thanx for all the updates John. sure makes it easier planning.Hope you got some Wolf Fang drivers

The Green Eyed Trapper
Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6576621
07/18/19 10:30 PM
07/18/19 10:30 PM
WYOMING
J
John Graham Offline
trapper
John Graham  Offline
trapper
J

WYOMING
We're 3 weeks away from getting set up. Our long-time friend, Forrest Lewis called me from South Dakota, and has agreed to be our auctioneer for our one and only item to be auctioned at the Saturday Night banquet! (A custom made Buckle) A lot of you know Forrest from years past, as he was the announcer and auctioneer at a few of the NTA Westerns in Montana in the 'old days' and is a gifted person in so many ways. Forrest will also be bringing some of his high quality items made from fur. We are very happy to have him on board!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6578548
07/21/19 04:21 PM
07/21/19 04:21 PM
WYOMING
J
John Graham Offline
trapper
John Graham  Offline
trapper
J

WYOMING
I had a good visit with my long-time friend, Major Boddicker a few days ago. Major will be giving a demo at Coyote Days, and also be part of our Round Table discussion on Friday evening. I asked him to also be a guest speaker at the Saturday evening banquet, and he graciously agreed to do it! Major has been a huge source of information (and humor)for many of us for over 40 years now. I never get tired of his writing, and is a great visitor also. I still use his 'Song Dog' Crit-r-Call, and used it to take 2 coyotes this last week. It's always in my pocket. I sold coyotes to him in 1985, and have had a hundred visits with him, all enjoyable. Having him speak at the first ever 'Coyote Days' banquet is just more icing on the cake. Oh yeah, he says he has n amusing coyote story to share with us at the banquet. I can't wait!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6578642
07/21/19 08:14 PM
07/21/19 08:14 PM
Montana
B
B. Shope Offline
trapper
B. Shope  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
I cant wait either.I found out one of my friends cant make it. It was 3 of us now just 2 that was a little dissapointing but gonna have a good time

The Green Eyed Trapper
Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6581272
07/26/19 05:21 AM
07/26/19 05:21 AM
WYOMING
J
John Graham Offline
trapper
John Graham  Offline
trapper
J

WYOMING
I'm sorry for no updates, but coyote hunters keep weird hours this time of year.

B.Shope, I'm sorry to hear that your party dropped by one, but hey, that makes more room in the vehicle, which isn't all bad! There's quite a few Montana people coming down, and I'm glad you are making the long trip too. I think you'll enjoy the dive, the country looks beautiful after all the rain we've had. Safe travels.

I might have a very welcome addition to the Friday demo lineup, a buddy of mine from Wyoming that does private Predator Control work on some large sheep outfits might be able to attend, but since he is an outfitter and the Antelope archery season is starting shortly after, he might be busy getting things set up for that. He'll be confirming either way soon.

I visited with our friend Michael Pappas, from Michael's Furs in L.A. last night, and he'll be attending the event also. He will be giving a short fur market report at the Saturday night banquet, and will be around to visit all weekend too. Michael is a wealth of information, and has a very real, and up to date insight to the markets and trends. Michael is one of the main reasons that the 'cat market has survived the last several years, and his garments are recognized world-wide. But, he's still one of the guys, and enjoys hunting and fishing, and easy to visit with. Don't miss the opportunity.

For now, I'll leave it at that. Lots to do, and some coyotes to deal with. Nicole is busy fine tuning the menus. See you in 2 weeks!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6582943
07/28/19 12:43 PM
07/28/19 12:43 PM
WYOMING
J
John Graham Offline
trapper
John Graham  Offline
trapper
J

WYOMING
Just a quick update: We've had people ask about the camping situation again. It's pretty simple: There is a large grassy strip along the north end of the fairgrounds. It is along the fence at the border of the grounds. Large Cottonwoods line the entire length, so yes, there is some shade. It is maybe 250 yards from the building we use for the get together itself, and only 75-100 yards to the building the banquet will be held Saturday evening. Easy walking distance to both, but you can still drive down closer to the building if you want. The fairgrounds charges $5/night for tent camping, and $25/night for camper hook ups. The fairgrounds will handle the collecting of the money. BUT, since they are closed on Saturday, we've agreed to collect any money that people pay to us, so we can present it to them on Monday. They KNOW trappers are a trustworthy bunch, and it is basically on the honor system. NO need to worry about anything.

There is a bathroom and shower right by camping, and also there are bathrooms in the building we use.

There will be some motor cycle traffic traffic that weekend, so town will be busy. Drive careful, and watch your mirrors a lot. They like to pass in groups, and singles sneak up too.

One last thing for now. We're charging $5 for anyone over 18 for the weekend. You'll get a wristband, and also one ticket that can be used in a drawing for a Ruger 22-250. There won't be additional tickets sold for that rifle, everyone attending will have an equal chance. We'll draw for that on Saturday evening.

Thanks, less than 2 weeks away!

Last edited by John Graham; 07/28/19 12:45 PM.
Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6583004
07/28/19 02:21 PM
07/28/19 02:21 PM
E central Il
G
Golf ball Offline
trapper
Golf ball  Offline
trapper
G

E central Il
John will you have any of your flyers available, I’m willing to pay for one if need be . It’s time I start collecting a few items from the places I’ve been. Might even ask you to autograph one if you would ?
Thanks,
Don

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Golf ball] #6583263
07/28/19 09:49 PM
07/28/19 09:49 PM
Wy
Cattrax Offline
trapper
Cattrax  Offline
trapper

Wy
Added these for John, he will explain about this trapper.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6583966
07/29/19 08:37 PM
07/29/19 08:37 PM
WYOMING
J
John Graham Offline
trapper
John Graham  Offline
trapper
J

WYOMING
Thanks Cattrax!

Those pictures are of my long-time friend, John Vaia, from Grassrange, MT. I wrote an article about him for trappers Post Magazine, and the first part has already ran in the latest issue. John is who I am dedicating 'Coyote Days' to. He passed away suddenly this last spring.

He was one of my very best friends, and we did so many things together in the outdoors in the last 35 years, that I want to honor him in this way. He was a long line trapper and snare man in every sense of the word.

John was going to be coming and giving a demo at our event this year, and it would have been his first ever.

His wife, Diane, is coming to Wyoming for Coyote Days, and will be wearing a very nice coyote coat that was made from furs he caught, in the Fur Fashion Show on Saturday evening.

And, the belt buckle is one that I had made for the event. Thanks

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6583992
07/29/19 08:59 PM
07/29/19 08:59 PM
MN
Y
yukonal Offline
trapper
yukonal  Offline
trapper
Y

MN
Beautiful buckle, John. I wish I could be there to bid on it. Great job putting all this together.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6585527
08/01/19 06:54 AM
08/01/19 06:54 AM
WYOMING
J
John Graham Offline
trapper
John Graham  Offline
trapper
J

WYOMING
Thanks, Al, I've had lots of help.

Golf Ball, we don't put out a catalog anymore. I was drug in to the 21st century, which I fought the whole way, and built a good website. I still like to look at catalogs, but to be honest, most of our customers don't mind ordering online I guess. Some still call and visit when placing their orders once or twice (or more) a year. With that being said, If you travel all the way from Illinois to Wyoming and attend Coyote Days, I will personally sign a copy of my fox book and give it to you! It is the least I can do. But, there are people coming that are higher on the list of being worthy of you getting THEIR autographs, and a picture with.

And, for people that were/are concerned about not being able to get a ticket for the Saturday evening banquet, we've raised the cap from 225 to 300! A buddy that travels all the way from Illinois to help Les Johnson run his Predator Quest booth is bringing his meat slicer to help cut the 20 loins of rib steaks, and I've found more grills. Like I've mentioned, I've had lots of help.

Have a good day everyone!

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6585705
08/01/19 11:34 AM
08/01/19 11:34 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
John, will there be separate demos going on at the same time. I am just wondering with this many people coming how the standing/seating arrangement will be gathering around a demonstration.

Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6585724
08/01/19 12:01 PM
08/01/19 12:01 PM
Colorado
B
bacatrapper Offline
trapper
bacatrapper  Offline
trapper
B

Colorado
John, if you need help with meat prep I can give a hand. I was a meat cutter for many years. Ill bring my knives.

thread killa
Re: John Graham’s Coyote Days [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6586002
08/01/19 07:49 PM
08/01/19 07:49 PM
WYOMING
J
John Graham Offline
trapper
John Graham  Offline
trapper
J

WYOMING
Grandpa- We have lots of bleacher space I think/hope. If not, I'll borrow chairs! And you are right, a LOT of people are coming!
I only run one demo at a time. I've been part of the 2 demo at a time deal, years ago, and it didn't work, in my opinion. There are no 'Filler' demos in this bunch all will be great.

Right now, the weather is forecast for low 80's and partly cloudy. A little breeze, and it will be perfect.

Baca, by all means, we'll take all the help we can get. We use the tallow we trim off the steaks before grilling for making jerky in October. Thanks!

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread