No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: cops did a great job [Re: danny clifton] #6584855
07/31/19 05:39 AM
07/31/19 05:39 AM
Maine
M
Mac Offline
trapper
Mac  Offline
trapper
M

Maine
Originally Posted by danny clifton
People tend to blame government for making it hard to be armed legally when the truth is that in much of our country its what the vast majority want. For whatever reason they believe they are safer to depend entirely on LE. In this case LE was there in a quick hurry but we all know they can not always do that and a few of them will likely hide in a parking lot.

Danny is correct.

It seems to that an ever increasing number of our population is far removed from the idea of taking care of ones self and family. You see examples throughout society. People are under the foolish perception that someone else should care for them and protect them all of the time.
Yes we need good police forces and military. No question about that.
But it is probably time that people return to the American roots that suggest one is responsible for ones self and ones family.

Mac

Re: cops did a great job [Re: danny clifton] #6584888
07/31/19 07:21 AM
07/31/19 07:21 AM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Good job by LE ,And BS on hiding in the parking lot ,very few would do that!

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: cops did a great job [Re: Mac] #6585030
07/31/19 10:47 AM
07/31/19 10:47 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted by Mac
Originally Posted by danny clifton
People tend to blame government for making it hard to be armed legally when the truth is that in much of our country its what the vast majority want. For whatever reason they believe they are safer to depend entirely on LE. In this case LE was there in a quick hurry but we all know they can not always do that and a few of them will likely hide in a parking lot.

Danny is correct.

It seems to that an ever increasing number of our population is far removed from the idea of taking care of ones self and family. You see examples throughout society. People are under the foolish perception that someone else should care for them and protect them all of the time.
Yes we need good police forces and military. No question about that.
But it is probably time that people return to the American roots that suggest one is responsible for ones self and ones family.

Mac

Yup it's a someone else mentality. At some point we as a society lost the mentality of community. Most people don't even know their neighbors. My neighbors know me and know I will watch out for them.

Re: cops did a great job [Re: Snowpa] #6585081
07/31/19 12:28 PM
07/31/19 12:28 PM
SE Kansas
K
K52 Offline
trapper
K52  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kansas
Originally Posted by Snowpa
Good job by LE ,And BS on hiding in the parking lot ,very few would do that!

You miss the point. The cops did a great job and 3 people still died. Can't fault the police for that because that's probably about as quick a response time as you'll ever get. No, it's not BS that cops have hidden or purposely not engaged the shooter in some of these incidents, it's not the norm by any means, but it has happened. Parkland and Aurora come to mind. I'm not willing to throw the dice with my family at stake. Relying on the police to protect you and your family can get you killed, you are already at the scene when these things happen, usually the police aren't and the bad guys have free reign till the police can get there. That's why I take responsibility for taking care of my families safety.

Re: cops did a great job [Re: danny clifton] #6585095
07/31/19 01:05 PM
07/31/19 01:05 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
A gun in the hand is always faster then being on the line with 911 that's just a fact !

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: cops did a great job [Re: danny clifton] #6585258
07/31/19 06:33 PM
07/31/19 06:33 PM
Livingston, Texas
S
Sheepdog1 Offline
trapper
Sheepdog1  Offline
trapper
S

Livingston, Texas
We have plain clothes Officer's inside any event that is high profile for this area. Then we have uniforms nearby and ready to rock and roll
ASAP. The blame for what occurred lay at the feet of the dead fool that made up his mind to kill American folk.

Re: cops did a great job [Re: danny clifton] #6585262
07/31/19 06:38 PM
07/31/19 06:38 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Sheepdog its a shame you need to do that. As for me I will avoid gun free zones like the plague.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: cops did a great job [Re: danny clifton] #6585264
07/31/19 06:42 PM
07/31/19 06:42 PM
Livingston, Texas
S
Sheepdog1 Offline
trapper
Sheepdog1  Offline
trapper
S

Livingston, Texas
Yes it is. It cost our agency a lot of OT from the budget but I would much rather be on the spot and end it quickly than working a mass murder.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread