No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Blue feathers and cats [Re: Justin E] #6586425
08/02/19 01:42 PM
08/02/19 01:42 PM
Nevadafornia
L
Lazarus Offline
trapper
Lazarus  Offline
trapper
L

Nevadafornia
Seems like some tall, handsome, intelligent guy wrote an entire well-researched article in Trappers Post a while back on this precise topic. Hmmmmm.

Anyway, the research shows what colors cats can and can't see. However, sometimes trappers get all caught up in whether cats can perceive a particular color, but assume that since cats can't see that color, they must not be able to see the object itself. Its not like the movie Predator where cats can't see something AT ALL (like the Predator couldn't see Aaaaanold when he was covered in mud). These objects aren't invisible to the cat . . . they still see the object, maybe just not in the color you and I see. Take a red cardinal bird for example. The research says cats struggle to perceive the red color spectrum more than others. Does that mean the red cardinal is invisible? Not, the cat still sees it twitching and bobbing around in the bushes, it just perceives the bird in a different color than the bright red that you and I see. Clear as mud? (see what I did there with the Predator thing and the mud?)

Last edited by Lazarus; 08/02/19 01:46 PM.
Re: Blue feathers and cats [Re: Lazarus] #6586432
08/02/19 01:55 PM
08/02/19 01:55 PM
missouri
J
Justin E Offline OP
trapper
Justin E  Offline OP
trapper
J

missouri
Thanks Tracy . I’m just wondering is coon and possum can see the same as a cat . Seems like I was in the mud all winter lol

Re: Blue feathers and cats [Re: Lazarus] #6586439
08/02/19 02:11 PM
08/02/19 02:11 PM
Nebraska
B
Bobcat77 Offline
trapper
Bobcat77  Offline
trapper
B

Nebraska
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Seems like some tall, handsome, intelligent guy wrote an entire well-researched article in Trappers Post a while back on this precise topic. Hmmmmm.

Anyway, the research shows what colors cats can and can't see. However, sometimes trappers get all caught up in whether cats can perceive a particular color, but assume that since cats can't see that color, they must not be able to see the object itself. Its not like the movie Predator where cats can't see something AT ALL (like the Predator couldn't see Aaaaanold when he was covered in mud). These objects aren't invisible to the cat . . . they still see the object, maybe just not in the color you and I see. Take a red cardinal bird for example. The research says cats struggle to perceive the red color spectrum more than others. Does that mean the red cardinal is invisible? Not, the cat still sees it twitching and bobbing around in the bushes, it just perceives the bird in a different color than the bright red that you and I see. Clear as mud? (see what I did there with the Predator thing and the mud?)

I have never written an article for Trappers Post Truman!!!

Re: Blue feathers and cats [Re: Justin E] #6586444
08/02/19 02:22 PM
08/02/19 02:22 PM
Nevadafornia
L
Lazarus Offline
trapper
Lazarus  Offline
trapper
L

Nevadafornia
I knew that would get a response from CH. grin