No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: 080808] #6587998
08/04/19 07:48 PM
08/04/19 07:48 PM
Wisconsin
B
BoarCoon Offline OP
trapper
BoarCoon  Offline OP
trapper
B

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by 080808
Boar Coon. Yes. But here is a better thought . Recently I attended my 50th HS reunion. About 40 of us present. One thing in common amongst us with only one exception. Everyone was the product on a single income family. More parents around for young children growing up?
O “I work because I want a career “
No! You work because you need a job to pay bills and taxes. Maybe we need to simply tell the truth.

Here’s my point on that. In my time hunting I’ve had to do things that were far more disturbing to me than pressing buttons on a controller. I’m saying if you really think that video games mess with people, then is hunting not subject to that same argument?

Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: BoarCoon] #6588000
08/04/19 07:51 PM
08/04/19 07:51 PM
Michigan
coonlove Offline
trapper
coonlove  Offline
trapper

Michigan
The big issue is that for 40 years we have had the murder of the unborn as the law of the land.
Once you make it legal to kill, where do you stop? We are a nation under judgement for the blood of the innocent.
You want blood? You shall have blood.

"I'm the paterfamilias"
Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: BoarCoon] #6588012
08/04/19 08:03 PM
08/04/19 08:03 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Even if it was video games or metal music what could be done about it?

There is one thing that nearly all mass shooters have in common, they are from fatherless homes. We have all heard the term angry (boy without father), that term did not come about by accident.

Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: BoarCoon] #6588024
08/04/19 08:22 PM
08/04/19 08:22 PM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
After WWII our way of life changed drastically. The Eisenhower Interstate Highways opened the country up. "Old Fashion" ideas got swept aside. Example: Spare the rod, spoil the child. Spank a kid these days and you face being arrested. More and more "liberal " ideas have taken over. Manners have gone out the window. Politics have become a shamble with no more true representation. Religons are becoming less attended. In my day parents worried that their son would get drunk and kill himself and they worried their daughter would get "knocked up".Today many parents don't know where their kids are or care. How many of today's kids are on drugs, dying every day? We are so "relaxed" that some wear jeans or shorts to church, if they attend at all.Social Media, in my opinion, is the downfall of us all. Kids walking around with the heads bent over, grown ups spending too much time on Facebook or making comments there where they can't be seen. For the first time ever we have done far more harm than good with his "tweets". What past President publicly tweeted" I'd like to put them where the sun doesn't shine. I also believe that our most recent past President has more to fire up racism than any other president. I believe that both he and his wife are both racists, not our sitting President. Today if you doin't believe someone's political views you are called a racist.
How many of our young people have been killed in senseless wars; Nam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and for what? How many more have come home with PTS?
It seems like today everyone is out for themselves and the heck with you. Cops are berated, although they have a very dangerous job. How out those cops not allowed to having water dumped on them? Those people should have been arrested immediately.
Truly look at the quality of all of the candidates running for President. Pathetic when a guy like DeBlasio thinks he should be President. Are these this country can produce.
Basically what I am saying is that you reap what you sow.We are paying the price for our far too permissive society.
One more thing; I am against outlawing or seizing them, but I do feel that people should not be walking around with weapons of war Machine Guns or similar. We need people with common sense and not a political agenda to deal with this problem.

Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: BoarCoon] #6588029
08/04/19 08:31 PM
08/04/19 08:31 PM
Hathaway Montana
Cathouse Jim Offline
trapper
Cathouse Jim  Offline
trapper

Hathaway Montana
I haven't heard any "metal" music being played since sometime in the 90s. But there hasn't been any lack in hip hop or rap music playing from homes or vehicles traveling the streets.
But of course, whoever made the claims on the blame the OP presented could not list either of those two music types as that would be deemed racist.

"I've reached nearly fifty four years of age with my system."

NTA Life member
MTA Life member
Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: BoarCoon] #6588031
08/04/19 08:34 PM
08/04/19 08:34 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by BoarCoon
Boar Coon. Yes. But here is a better thought . Recently I attended my 50th HS reunion. About 40 of us present. One thing in common amongst us with only one exception. Everyone was the product on a single income family. More parents around for young children growing up?
O “I work because I want a career “
No! You work because you need a job to pay bills and taxes. Maybe we need to simply tell the truth.

Here’s my point on that. In my time hunting I’ve had to do things that were far more disturbing to me than pressing buttons on a controller. I’m saying if you really think that video games mess with people, then is hunting not subject to that same argument?

The most disturbing thing I've ever had to do while hunting was needing to take a dump in the woods. Just saying.

[Linked Image]
Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: BoarCoon] #6588039
08/04/19 08:41 PM
08/04/19 08:41 PM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
Man I have been a metal fan most of my life!
Jim

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: BoarCoon] #6588044
08/04/19 08:47 PM
08/04/19 08:47 PM
North dakota
N
Nd native Offline
trapper
Nd native  Offline
trapper
N

North dakota
There's a whole lot wrong with this country. Many good points brought up in this post. I don't believe that the story of the united states is heading in a good direction right now. Don't know if much can be done about it anymore though. History repeats itself.

Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6588046
08/04/19 08:48 PM
08/04/19 08:48 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Even if it was video games or metal music what could be done about it?

There is one thing that nearly all mass shooters have in common, they are from fatherless homes. We have all heard the term angry (boy without father), that term did not come about by accident.

And God and Christianity have been removed from so many things. Add the greedy doctors and pharmaceutical companies pumping all these drugs (anti depressants) down people's throats, what's not to get.

No Jab.
Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: jabNE] #6588060
08/04/19 09:08 PM
08/04/19 09:08 PM
Wisconsin
B
BoarCoon Offline OP
trapper
BoarCoon  Offline OP
trapper
B

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by jabNE
Man I have been a metal fan most of my life!
Jim

As have I. I try to go to atleast a show a month. Always felt these were a way to blow off steam, not promote violence

Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: BoarCoon] #6588076
08/04/19 09:24 PM
08/04/19 09:24 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
It all started in 1966 with Charles Whitman.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: BoarCoon] #6588085
08/04/19 09:30 PM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
I blame the media for the continued shootings as well as a mental health issue. If the media would stop making these shootings into National news, the sick whackjobs doing these shootings might not act out on their little cries for attention.

Real name Eric
The sharpest hammer in the box of crayons.

Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: BoarCoon] #6588086
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
we could go back before this all started happening to 1926.

the Bath School Massacre 1927 the single largest school killing to date.

if we had a fire issue we would erect fire resistant walls and train everyone in the use of the fire extinguishers.

but it isn't , the issue is people , people whom no list can accurately detect , whom we can not predict who will and will not act with a success rate that would have us incarcerating a thousand or more persons for every one who would actually act.

we can however go back to the security plan given us by our founders lets call it the 1776 security plan. perhaps we modify it slightly adjusting the age from 16-60 to 21-64 and add women to the ranks all about equality.

every person mentally fit serve should go armed with a blade , a side arm and 30 rounds of ammunition they shall purchase and maintain in good working order their side arm and train to the standards their local group sets and elect leaders.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: warrior] #6588092
08/04/19 09:40 PM
08/04/19 09:40 PM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
Originally Posted by warrior

The most disturbing thing I've ever had to do while hunting was needing to take a dump in the woods. Just saying.

Add to that "and having to shorten the sleeve of your hunting shirt because you're out of TP" and I'm right there with you

Real name Eric
The sharpest hammer in the box of crayons.

Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: BoarCoon] #6588093
08/04/19 09:41 PM
08/04/19 09:41 PM
fayette,al.
G
grisseldog Offline
trapper
grisseldog  Offline
trapper
G

fayette,al.
Satan and SIN is the root of the violence..

Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: warrior] #6588098
08/04/19 09:46 PM
08/04/19 09:46 PM
Wisconsin
B
BoarCoon Offline OP
trapper
BoarCoon  Offline OP
trapper
B

Wisconsin

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you think playing a game is disturbing yet killing a deer or shooting an animal in a trap isn’t? What if you wound that deer? Causing it to suffer and have to shoot it again. That doesn’t bother you? Doing stuff like that bothered me more then any game ever did.

Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: BoarCoon] #6588165
08/04/19 11:11 PM
08/04/19 11:11 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.

Normal people have empathy.
Psychopaths don't have empathy.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: BoarCoon] #6588171
08/04/19 11:17 PM
08/04/19 11:17 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
How about we quit saying that these people are mentally ill and call them what they are, evil? How about we don't blame it on video games, music or guns, but we just blame it on evil people doing evil things, the same as they always have since the beginning of history?

Last edited by PAskinner; 08/04/19 11:17 PM.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: BoarCoon] #6588176
08/04/19 11:21 PM
08/04/19 11:21 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by BoarCoon

So you think playing a game is disturbing yet killing a deer or shooting an animal in a trap isn’t? What if you wound that deer? Causing it to suffer and have to shoot it again. That doesn’t bother you? Doing stuff like that bothered me more then any game ever did.

Exactly, it bothered you because you knew it was real. I don't think we should blame video games, but if you play an extremely bloody game for hours every day it has to desensitize you in some way to real blood and violence. Hunters know exactly what a bullet does, in the video game the characters all come back to life in the next round.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Video games and metal music being blamed for this? [Re: 080808] #6588202
08/05/19 12:00 AM
08/05/19 12:00 AM
Southern Virginia, 50 yr old
V
VaBeagler Offline
trapper
VaBeagler  Offline
trapper
V

Southern Virginia, 50 yr old
What are differences in our culture now as compared to 50 yrs ago?

Kids don't know the sound of their dad's belt coming thru the belt loops of his jeans.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread