No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: More gun control [Re: Catch22] #6588572
08/05/19 02:55 PM
08/05/19 02:55 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Catch22
Ok Posco, then what are we supposed to do? I think J Staton summed it up pretty well, what are our choices? Also, I am keeping in mind that some of this stuff won't clear the Senate but States rights with the support of our President is getting more and more red flag laws rockin and rollin.

I don't know what can be done about a society gone insane but compromising with the left is a losing game. It won't stop the insanity and ultimately leaves us utterly defenseless against a party bent on remaking America in its image.

Last edited by Posco; 08/05/19 02:56 PM.
Re: More gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6588579
08/05/19 03:29 PM
08/05/19 03:29 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
To all of you dumping on the president what's your answer? I am not going to vote for him so who do you have that's better? Screaming the 2nd every other sentence isn't an answer. We are like it or not going to have to meet them somewhere in the middle or loose everything. Okay start the name calling.

Re: More gun control [Re: rex123] #6588582
08/05/19 03:38 PM
08/05/19 03:38 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Originally Posted by rex123
To all of you dumping on the president what's your answer? I am not going to vote for him so who do you have that's better? Screaming the 2nd every other sentence isn't an answer. We are like it or not going to have to meet them somewhere in the middle or loose everything. Okay start the name calling.

gryhkl

formerly posting as white dog
Re: More gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6588592
08/05/19 04:01 PM
08/05/19 04:01 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I have seen appeasement attempted since the gun control act of 68 was passed. none of it has worked to lower violent crime or get the liberals to quit shivering in fear. no more appeasement ever, is my mantra

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: More gun control [Re: rex123] #6588593
08/05/19 04:03 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio

They are never happy with any compromise and to be a compromise we have to get something in return. That's why these people, and most of elected Republican as well, are called progressives. They are moving to eliminate all guns. They know they can't get it all at once, they have to keep nibbling till they can go full bore. It's negotiating with someone that wants to kill you and you're offering to do it yourself eventually. You can keep cutting pieces of yourself but they won't allow you to stop till you're dead.

Re: More gun control [Re: rex123] #6588594
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK

I disagree. I see no reason to meet them in the middle or anywhere else for that matter. ..

Until they can amend the Constitution , we don't have to compromise . Let them try to amend it

Mean As Nails
Re: More gun control [Re: SNIPERBBB] #6588602
08/05/19 04:28 PM
08/05/19 04:28 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB

They are never happy with any compromise and to be a compromise we have to get something in return. That's why these people, and most of elected Republican as well, are called progressives. They are moving to eliminate all guns. They know they can't get it all at once, they have to keep nibbling till they can go full bore. It's negotiating with someone that wants to kill you and you're offering to do it yourself eventually. You can keep cutting pieces of yourself but they won't allow you to stop till you're dead.

Just like a wolf pack tiring out a moose in deep snow....classic predatory tactics.

Re: More gun control [Re: white17] #6588607
08/05/19 04:37 PM
08/05/19 04:37 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by white17

I disagree. I see no reason to meet them in the middle or anywhere else for that matter. ..

Until they can amend the Constitution , we don't have to compromise . Let them try to amend it

Dang tootin!

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: More gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6588610
08/05/19 04:40 PM
08/05/19 04:40 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Do you really think sticking your head in the sand and saying no no no over and over is going to change anything. I asked those attacking the president what their answer was and nothing. I am a realist they will win the white house again some day they will win the house and senate if we don't do something before that they will. But I knew the answer I would get before I posted sorry to have bothered you with the truth.

Re: More gun control [Re: rex123] #6588612
08/05/19 04:43 PM
08/05/19 04:43 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Do you really think sticking your head in the sand and saying no no no over and over is going to change anything. I asked those attacking the president what their answer was and nothing. I am a realist they will win the white house again some day they will win the house and senate if we don't do something before that they will. But I knew the answer I would get before I posted sorry to have bothered you with the truth.

In all fairness rex, I do believe you were answered. What exactly are you looking for?

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: More gun control [Re: rex123] #6588617
08/05/19 04:49 PM
08/05/19 04:49 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook

Like white 17 mentioned...you fight. What's the point in letting them water it down to the point we have no rights anyway? This isn't the first time the country has been divided and gone to war with itself and our freedom itself is at stake. I'm willing to fight for that.

Re: More gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6588620
08/05/19 04:53 PM
08/05/19 04:53 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
My question was if not Trump who? If that was answered I'm sorry could you please point it out.

Re: More gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6588623
08/05/19 04:54 PM
08/05/19 04:54 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I see nothing good coming from meeting them partway or halfway down at the Plain of Ono. If ever he takes the bait, and with all their devices being tied together there will be an unraveling and trap after trap to encounter.

Re: More gun control [Re: rex123] #6588625
08/05/19 04:55 PM
08/05/19 04:55 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio

The only changes that are going to work is cultural. No politician is going to fix it.

Re: More gun control [Re: rex123] #6588629
08/05/19 05:00 PM
08/05/19 05:00 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE

One solution is to not be afraid to call out politicians you like when they do something wrong. It's okay to like Trump, but when he says something anti-2A then there needs to be an outcry from the right to tell him he's wrong. He's never going to learn if some people just stick their heads in the sand (to borrow your phrase) and pretend that everything is fine, and just bend over and accept whatever trump does and tell yourself "hey, at least he's not Hillary". Just look at what goes on here. There's plenty on here who here trump say theese things, and when it's brought up in discussion pretend it's okay or refuse to admit he's wrong on this one point. They do silly things like call you a troll or call you a secret Hillary supporter, or say at least he's not Hillary. No president is right 100% of the time, trump included. He's not perfect on 2A stuff, anyone who can't see that is being intentionally blind.

Here's the thing.....you can like trump and be a republican, and still say trump needs to change his position and be more supportive of the 2A. He listens to his base, if his base would scream at him when he says silly things like his speech today, he'd likely listen and change his position.

Re: More gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6588630
08/05/19 05:02 PM
08/05/19 05:02 PM
Michigan
D
Ditchdiver Offline
trapper
Ditchdiver  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
My question is, when does/will the fighting begin?
I am all for the 2nd amendment and completely against anyone or anything that tries to take my rights away. I am also against war, especially war within our own people/country. But I am not stupid. I know that war is necessary sometimes, and I believe that war will be necessary for us to keep our guns and our rights. So again, when does the fighting begin? We are losing more ground every day, soon, we won't stand a chance....

Disclaimer - this is not a call to arms, it is a serious question of how much farther can the left push us?

When life gets me down..... you know hunting/trapping season is closed.
Re: More gun control [Re: Ditchdiver] #6588631
08/05/19 05:06 PM
08/05/19 05:06 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by Ditchdiver
I am all for the 2nd amendment and completely against anyone or anything that tries to take my rights away. I am also against war, especially war within our own people/country. But I am not stupid. I know that war is necessary sometimes, and I believe that war will be necessary for us to keep our guns and our rights. So again, when does the fighting begin? We are losing more ground every day, soon, we won't stand a chance....

Disclaimer - this is not a call to arms, it is a serious question of how much farther can the left push us?

Name the document...dont cheat

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government

Re: More gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6588632
08/05/19 05:08 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Had some appointments at the VA hospital today. On the door is painted a sign that says "For your safety no firearms or knives past this point". At a hospital for veterans only. Safer unarmed than armed? Who would believe that statement?

Ditchdiver, I don't think that day is very far in the future.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: More gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6588633
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by loosegoose

One solution is to not be afraid to call out politicians you like when they do something wrong. It's okay to like Trump, but when he says something anti-2A then there needs to be an outcry from the right to tell him he's wrong. He's never going to learn if some people just stick their heads in the sand (to borrow your phrase) and pretend that everything is fine, and just bend over and accept whatever trump does and tell yourself "hey, at least he's not Hillary". Just look at what goes on here. There's plenty on here who here trump say theese things, and when it's brought up in discussion pretend it's okay or refuse to admit he's wrong on this one point. They do silly things like call you a troll or call you a secret Hillary supporter, or say at least he's not Hillary. No president is right 100% of the time, trump included. He's not perfect on 2A stuff, anyone who can't see that is being intentionally blind.

Here's the thing.....you can like trump and be a republican, and still say trump needs to change his position and be more supportive of the 2A. He listens to his base, if his base would scream at him when he says silly things like his speech today, he'd likely listen and change his position.

And calling this president out works. That's how we got the shutdown over immigration this year, only to be betrayed again just so he could give the State of the Union.

Last edited by SNIPERBBB; 08/05/19 05:09 PM.
Re: More gun control [Re: Ditchdiver] #6588637
08/05/19 05:16 PM
08/05/19 05:16 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Ditchdiver

Honestly DD, imo, It will never happen. The left has completely and successfully infiltrated Academia and we all will be too old or dead to fight by the time anything would happen. The younger generations want big gov't and will trust them to take care of them. It's called the long game.

Disclaimer, I hope I'm wrong.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread