No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: False alarms [Re: pcr2] #6589776
08/07/19 09:40 AM
08/07/19 09:40 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
I believe the point that was being made was people should not need to run like sheep they need to learn how to defend themselves and fight more.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: False alarms [Re: pcr2] #6589780
08/07/19 09:43 AM
08/07/19 09:43 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
I don't think returning fire when a motorcycle backfired would have done anything but made things a whole lot worse.

Re: False alarms [Re: pcr2] #6589782
08/07/19 09:44 AM
08/07/19 09:44 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline OP
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline OP
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
MLM

Re: False alarms [Re: pcr2] #6589783
08/07/19 09:45 AM
08/07/19 09:45 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline OP
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline OP
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
motorcycle lives matter

Re: False alarms [Re: gryhkl] #6589794
08/07/19 10:01 AM
08/07/19 10:01 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by gryhkl
You called those those who fled an ignorant mass fleeing in fear and anger. And, I do understand media sensationalism and it effects on people. Do you recognize foxnews is one of the very worse offenders? Most who post like you do not.

There you go with your ignorant generalizations again. Can you point out one single post where I didn’t lump Fox News in with the rest of the sensationalistic bull crap spewers? The answer is,” no you cannot.”

To call Fox news, “one of the very worst offenders” though makes you sound very biased and uninformed. Although they can be as sensationalistic and bombastic as any of the other cable news networks, their primary value is the fact that they present news from the other side of the aisle. They present news you will not hear or see on any other major media source.

They are one of the only news outlets standing in the way of a complete media take over by the left.

Understand?

Eh...wot?

Re: False alarms [Re: gryhkl] #6589811
08/07/19 10:30 AM
08/07/19 10:30 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
And while you’re looking grackle, could you please point out any instances where anyone from Fox News referred to any sitting president as vile or putrid as did MSNBC’s morning show hostess this morning. I can look up hundreds of examples where the liberal media has made the most outrageous, hateful and hysteric statements about this president. I’ve never heard anything like that directed at any president by anyone on Fox news, have you?

So how do you come up with your statement, “foxnews is one of the very worse offenders”?

Eh...wot?

Re: False alarms [Re: pcr2] #6589822
08/07/19 10:43 AM
08/07/19 10:43 AM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
You misquoted Rush, I listen to his program and he never said he hoped “the ONE “ failed in his presidency he said he hoped his agenda failed and there is a big difference. Millions of Americans agreed and that was a major factor in why the current president was elected.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: False alarms [Re: Lugnut] #6589850
08/07/19 11:26 AM
08/07/19 11:26 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Originally Posted by Lugnut
You called those those who fled an ignorant mass fleeing in fear and anger. And, I do understand media sensationalism and it effects on people. Do you recognize foxnews is one of the very worse offenders? Most who post like you do not.

There you go with your ignorant generalizations again. Can you point out one single post where I didn’t lump Fox News in with the rest of the sensationalistic bull crap spewers? The answer is,” no you cannot.”

To call Fox news, “one of the very worst offenders” though makes you sound very biased and uninformed. Although they can be as sensationalistic and bombastic as any of the other cable news networks, their primary value is the fact that they present news from the other side of the aisle. They present news you will not hear or see on any other major media source.

They are one of the only news outlets standing in the way of a complete media take over by the left.

Understand?

The above is an example-claiming that they are not one of the worst offenders and "one of the only news outlets standing in the way of a complete media take over by the left":

And the fact is that I lump msnbc and cnn in the same pile with foxnews. All 3 make divisiveness and hatred by their viewers toward anyone who thinks differently a primary goal.

Re: False alarms [Re: Lugnut] #6589857
08/07/19 11:37 AM
08/07/19 11:37 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
The liberal media/fake news has used propaganda to whip the ignorant masses into a frenzy of fear and anger. It's only going to get worse the closer we get to the election.

Right. They're ramping things up. Look at Google. Never anything positive will you find on Trump on google, only negative. Nothing about the lowest unemployment rate in 40 years, lowest unemployment rate among minorities, GDP over 3(never reached that high in 8 years of Obama), new record highs on stock market, firm immigration stance, etc.

Today it says Trump will visit Texas and Ohio. And they can only mention that he isn't wanted there and massive protests will follow. Every day Google reports something negative about Trump same as the phony news channels. Hopefully, the majority of the general public isn't stupid enough to fall for it.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: False alarms [Re: pcr2] #6589858
08/07/19 11:42 AM
08/07/19 11:42 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
FOX is more balanced than any of the other channels. I can name you a number of liberals who are regulars on FOX. They push their leftist agenda. You can't do the same with any of the left-leaning channels. They would never allow any conservatives as regulars. It would spoil their agenda.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: False alarms [Re: pcr2] #6589859
08/07/19 11:43 AM
08/07/19 11:43 AM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
You constantly yap about "fake news" and call me a parrot? laugh That's pretty good.
If your family was in a large group of people, and though they heard gunshots, would you not want them to seek cover?[/quote]
I’ve been in a large crowd when gun fire erupted. We took cover and when the situation warrants that is the commonsense thing to do isn’t it?
There is however a huge difference between protecting yourself and your family and panicking like a herd of cattle over any loud noise. If you are truly unable to understand the difference and how media sensationalism is responsible for the latter, then I see no point in trying to educate you.
[/quote]

this here - the last part - makes no sense whatsoever.

Determining the difference between gunfire and backfires - somehow the media is at fault here ??
If you pull a choke out just right on a carb's vehicle and coast down a hill, it sounds just like a shot gun going off, and a pump one if you time it just right.

Right after 9/11 we went out to bring a Blackhawk back into the Hangar that was out in the boon docks.
The tug we were using had a Chrysler 318 that was in need of a tune up, but she still ran....
*keep in mind, the flight field is fairly vurnable as it is surrounded by water on 3 sides, and it is 10.00pm at night...
So, it started to act up, the driver pulled the choke to see if itwould help, by then we were decelarating down to the pads where our aircraft was.
BOOM BOOM BOOMBOOMBOOM.......... BOOM
The Presidential hangar shut their doors - and guards zoomed on out, ready to fire... and to this day I can't tell you who was more scared us or them.

If I got to live in a country where I need to know the difference between gunfire and backfires, something is wrong.
I mind as well move to Somalia.
****At least there you can carry any kind of weapon you want, AND ACTUALLY USE IT.****
Same holds true for South Africa.
I hear both have very nice beaches too.
Come to think of it, I have an Uncle in SA who would love for me to come out for a visit.
He tells me: Africa is not a place for sissies.

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: False alarms [Re: Big George W] #6589894
08/07/19 12:36 PM
08/07/19 12:36 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Do you not understand Big George that the liberal media is 100% responsible for at least half our nation's lawmakers and citizens screaming for more gun control? That they alone are responsible for the unreasonable fear and panic some of the ignorant masses experience when they hear a loud noise?

Eh...wot?

Re: False alarms [Re: gryhkl] #6589895
08/07/19 12:38 PM
08/07/19 12:38 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Grackle, you are beyond the point where you can be reasoned with.

Eh...wot?

Re: False alarms [Re: Lugnut] #6589904
08/07/19 12:44 PM
08/07/19 12:44 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Do you not understand Big George that the liberal media is 100% responsible for at least half our nation's lawmakers and citizens screaming for more gun control? That they alone are responsible for the unreasonable fear and panic some of the ignorant masses experience when they hear a loud noise?

A fear response to loud, unexpected noise is one of only two basic fear responses all human beings are born with-the other is the sensation of suddenly falling. Seeking cover when loud, gunshot-like noise is heard in a gathering of strangers is to be expected. It is not unreasonable at all. If you blame such behavior as "100%" the fault of the liberal media and the "ignorant masses" you may be suffering from thought training by another source.

Re: False alarms [Re: Lugnut] #6589906
08/07/19 12:45 PM
08/07/19 12:45 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

The liberal media/fake news has used propaganda to whip the ignorant masses into a frenzy of fear and anger. It's only going to get worse the closer we get to the election.

Easy Alex Jones.....the shootings happened. So did the moon landing.

Agree the media, including Fox news, is only making things worse.

Re: False alarms [Re: Blaine County] #6589911
08/07/19 12:49 PM
08/07/19 12:49 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Blaine County

Easy Alex Jones.....the shootings happened. So did the moon landing.

Agree the media, including Fox news, is only making things worse.

The part your ignoring by saying "the shootings happened" is the leftist propaganda such as,
The Texas shooters was inspired by Trump according to the non-stop drum beating of the media while totally ignoring the Ohio shooter was inspired by Warren. (using their standards for the word inspired)

Re: False alarms [Re: pcr2] #6589931
08/07/19 01:14 PM
08/07/19 01:14 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

You're adding words to his statement. The left, the media (all of them, including Fox) and, most importantly, Trump are destroying our country one piece of propaganda at a time. And, the pansy Republican Party and most everyone here is content to watch it happen.

By the way and justified or not, I expect people ran because there were shootings days before. I doubt it was because someone on TV blamed the idiot in chief for causing them.

Re: False alarms [Re: gryhkl] #6589938
08/07/19 01:17 PM
08/07/19 01:17 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.

Fake news? Which part is fake?
It should surprise nobody that loud noises could be mistaken for gunshots in a crowded setting and send people running for cover after what happened at two locations last weekend and so many times in the past several years.

You are right about a couple media sources whipping up the anger and fear in the country. The worst of these has basically become state run media and see great profit in making so much of the country think that everybody else is out to get them, from the FBI, SCOTUS, all other media sources...................fake news indeed.

The fake part is where the news media claims there has been over 250 mass shooting in the US this year, playing free and loose with their definition of mass shootings, knowing full well that most Americans will think they mean shootings like the ones that just happened in El Passo and Dayton, rather than criminals shooting multiple other criminals, which makes up the vast majority of the mass shootings. The media does the same thing with their definition of school shootings, even counting the accidental, non injury causing, discharge of a school security officer's firearm.

The media warps the common meaning of words to full the public.

Keith

Re: False alarms [Re: gryhkl] #6589958
08/07/19 01:55 PM
08/07/19 01:55 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Bla Bla bla bla!

Enlightening whistle

Ad-hominum?

Re: False alarms [Re: gryhkl] #6590007
08/07/19 03:07 PM
08/07/19 03:07 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA

A fear response to loud, unexpected noise is one of only two basic fear responses all human beings are born with-the other is the sensation of suddenly falling. Seeking cover when loud, gunshot-like noise is heard in a gathering of strangers is to be expected. It is not unreasonable at all. If you blame such behavior as "100%" the fault of the liberal media and the "ignorant masses" you may be suffering from thought training by another source.

So you and those like you will begin screaming like little girls, while running aimlessly around and flailing your arms about until you find something to cower behind every time you hear a loud, unexpected noise. The lot of you will stampede like a herd or terror-stricken bovines whenever someone drops a book or slams a door?

And you think the rest of us should accept this as normal human behavior?

Alrighty then.

Eh...wot?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread