No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: My thoughts on the Second Amendment. [Re: Marty] #6590968
08/08/19 10:03 PM
08/08/19 10:03 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Marty
You make a movie where some other group (other than conservatives) get hunted down and killed for sport and they will shut it, you and anything involved with it in a heartbeat. But it will be OK to have this 'hunt' movie. That's how bad it has become. We need to stand tall right now and cave these people in.

The lines are drawn.

Re: My thoughts on the Second Amendment. [Re: Marty] #6591565
08/09/19 07:36 PM
08/09/19 07:36 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted by brianmall
Lol

Saw that! I'm sure they painted themselves as a bunch of transgendered islamic commies?

You make a movie where some other group (other than conservatives) get hunted down and killed for sport and they will shut it, you and anything involved with it in a heartbeat. But it will be OK to have this 'hunt' movie. That's how bad it has become. We need to stand tall right now and cave these people in.

Can't even post on social media anything conservative without being banned!

I say let them have their way and may the best man win! But that would just leave them confused! Best man win!?

Re: My thoughts on the Second Amendment. [Re: ] #6591584
08/09/19 08:05 PM
08/09/19 08:05 PM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Nope. Just don't have a problem with freedom of religion. In public government run schools forcing kids to practice a religion is not only immoral its unconstitutional. There are plenty of private schools of any religious belief you choose, to send your kids too.

True that. If we forced religion (christianity, hindu, islam, etc) onto folks.. we wouldn't be any better than the countries over seas who do so.

Originally Posted by J Staton
Well when you put it that way I agree. I do however believe public institutions should not be allowed to deny the free exercise of religion. Prayer before sporting events as an example. Remember it's freedom of religion not freedom from religion.

Would praying under Hinduism, Islam, etc. be allowed, or would it be frowned upon? I've noticed those trying to fight for this disregard any other religion but their own. Usually Christians.. as Christianity is what a lot of Americans practice

Re: My thoughts on the Second Amendment. [Re: zoozoo400] #6591674
08/09/19 10:41 PM
08/09/19 10:41 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by zoozoo400
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Nope. Just don't have a problem with freedom of religion. In public government run schools forcing kids to practice a religion is not only immoral its unconstitutional. There are plenty of private schools of any religious belief you choose, to send your kids too.

True that. If we forced religion (christianity, hindu, islam, etc) onto folks.. we wouldn't be any better than the countries over seas who do so.

Originally Posted by J Staton
Well when you put it that way I agree. I do however believe public institutions should not be allowed to deny the free exercise of religion. Prayer before sporting events as an example. Remember it's freedom of religion not freedom from religion.

Would praying under Hinduism, Islam, etc. be allowed, or would it be frowned upon? I've noticed those trying to fight for this disregard any other religion but their own. Usually Christians.. as Christianity is what a lot of Americans practice

Sure. Freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. If you prayed under Hinduism, Islam, etc. I just wouldn't join in since I'm a Christian. I wouldn't join in any prayer if I was atheist. Like the 1st Amendment says when speaking of religion that no law should 'prohibit the free exercise thereof '.

Re: My thoughts on the Second Amendment. [Re: Posco] #6591749
08/10/19 02:59 AM
08/10/19 02:59 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by Posco

The lines are drawn.

Yup. I am glad I will be on the winning side.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: My thoughts on the Second Amendment. [Re: KeithC] #6592288
08/10/19 10:13 PM
08/10/19 10:13 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J Staton, you usually strike me as reasonable (if not right, lol) most of the time, but I wish you would reconsider that last post. The underlying sentiments--which I won't label--are scary.

There is indeed a right to freedom FROM religion. The First Amendment has two clauses, and you've ignored one--the Establishment clause, which says that government shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion.

What would you expect them to do to accommodate your religious preferences? I suppose you could tally votes on admission to football games to find out which religion wins, for purpose of the opening prayer. I think NO PRAYER would likely win in many sections of the country.

Since I don't go to football games for a dose of religion, NO PRAYER would be my own vote.

Jim

Last edited by James; 08/10/19 10:14 PM.

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: My thoughts on the Second Amendment. [Re: KeithC] #6592302
08/10/19 10:40 PM
08/10/19 10:40 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
There's a difference between allowing something and enacting or establishing a law requiring something. We're adults and need to learn to live with each other despite our differences. Of course that isn't allowed because somebody's feelings are going to get hurt or become offended. Maybe it's time everybody puts on their big girl pants and tune out what offends their sensitivities.

formerly posting as white dog
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread