No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592276
08/10/19 09:47 PM
08/10/19 09:47 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Sprit

But no soul

Spirit is not eternal (as in they just cease to exist once they expire)

Soul is eternal

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592280
08/10/19 09:56 PM
08/10/19 09:56 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Soul

Strong's Number
H5315
Original Word
נפשׁ
Transliterated Word
nephesh
Phonetic Spelling
neh'-fesh
Parts of Speech
Noun Feminine
Strong's Definition
From H5314; properly a breathing {creature} that {is} animal or (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a {literal} accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental): - {any} {appetite} {beast} {body} {breath} {creature} X dead ({-ly}) {desire} X [dis-] {contented} X {fish} {ghost} + {greedy} {he} heart ({-y}) ({hath} X jeopardy of) life (X in {jeopardy}) {lust} {man} {me} {mind} {mortality} {one} {own} {person} {pleasure} ({her-} {him-} {my-} thy-) {self} them (your) {-selves} + {slay} {soul} + {tablet} {they} {thing} (X she) {will} X would have it.
Brown-Driver-Briggs' Definition
soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion

that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the inner being of man

living being

living being (with life in the blood)

the man himself, self, person or individual

seat of the appetites

seat of emotions and passions

activity of mind

dubious

activity of the will

dubious

activity of the character

dubious

Usage by Word
soul (393), life (86), souls (49), lives (15), persons (14), person (13), heart (12), mind (10), body (8), creature (8), himself (8), yourselves (6), dead (5), desire (5), minds (4), pleasure (4), will (4), any (3), man (3), themselves (3), appetite (2), die (2), ghost (2), he (2), hearts (2), herself (2), him (2), lust (2), slay (2), thing (2), angry (1), beast (1), breath (1), deadly (1), discontented (1), fish (1), greedy (1), hath (1), heart's (1), hearty (1), it (1), jeopardy (1), kill (1), live (1), men (1), mortally (1), myself (1), one (1), own (1), slayeth (1), soul's (1), tablets (1), they (1), thyself (1)
Usage by Book
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Esther, Job, Psalm, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Hosea, Amos, Jonah, Micah, Habakkuk, Haggai, Zechariah

Spirit
Strong's Number
H7307
Original Word
רוּח
Transliterated Word
rûach
Phonetic Spelling
roo'-akh
Parts of Speech
Noun Feminine
Strong's Definition
From H7306; wind; by resemblance {breath} that {is} a sensible (or even violent) exhalation; figuratively {life} anger 6
unsubstantiality; by extension a region of the sky; by resemblance {spirit} but only of a rational being (including its expression and functions): - {air} {anger} {blast} {breath} X {cool} {courage} {mind} X {quarter} X {side} spirit ({[-ual]}) {tempest} X {vain} ([whirl-]) wind (-y).
Brown-Driver-Briggs' Definition
wind, breath, mind, spirit

breath

wind

of heaven

quarter (of wind), side

breath of air

air, gas

vain, empty thing

spirit (as that which breathes quickly in animation or agitation)

spirit, animation, vivacity, vigour

courage

temper, anger

impatience, patience

spirit, disposition (as troubled, bitter, discontented)

disposition (of various kinds), unaccountable or uncontrollable impulse

prophetic spirit

spirit (of the living, breathing being in man and animals)

as gift, preserved by God, God's spirit, departing at death, disembodied being

spirit (as seat of emotion)

desire

sorrow, trouble

spirit

as seat or organ of mental acts

rarely of the will

as seat especially of moral character

Spirit of God, the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son

as inspiring ecstatic state of prophecy

as impelling prophet to utter instruction or warning

imparting warlike energy and executive and administrative power

as endowing men with various gifts

as energy of life

as manifest in the Shekinah glory

never referred to as a depersonalised force

Usage by Word
spirit (206), wind (76), breath (28), winds (10), mind (5), side (5), spirits (5), blast (4), vain (2), air (1), anger (1), cool (1), courage (1), quarters (1), sides (1), spiritual (1), tempest (1), whirlwind (1), windy (1)
Usage by Book
Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Job, Psalm, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Jonah, Micah, Habakkuk, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: danny clifton] #6592283
08/10/19 10:00 PM
08/10/19 10:00 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted by danny clifton
How can paradise (heaven) be real if there aint any trapping????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Lol

Discussed this once with someone. Here's the deal:. Heaven will be made up all things good and then some. But there will be no death nor evil.

In short: I personally believe there will be types of hunting, fishing, trapping, etc... Just without death and evil.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592286
08/10/19 10:10 PM
08/10/19 10:10 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted by trappertom52
I have seen it taught that plants have a body, animals have a body and spirit and humans have body, spirit and soul.

Triune like our God! made in his image!

It's our soul that makes us immortal.

Last edited by brianmall; 08/10/19 10:10 PM.
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592293
08/10/19 10:19 PM
08/10/19 10:19 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Irony:and sorry if this hijacks thread!

The humanist, globalist, agenda is the reduce human population and move all man to cities so that they can recreate a natural utopia. In a sense worshipping the creation rather than the Creator!

New Heaven: a big city in which all the saved will live in our own palace forever in perfect health (beyond our comprehension) with a purpose!

New earth: perfect and untouched!

Also this earth was created perfect with no technology of any kind nor the need to kill to survive. It suggest we had more of a symbiotic relationship with our surroundings, each other, and other life.

Personally I think we had multiple other senses that allowed for communicating and interacting with all the above.

God didn't create a vehicles or tools. He created animals! In fact, no fossil fuels till after the flood (from all the dead!!)

Last edited by brianmall; 08/11/19 08:52 AM.
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592295
08/10/19 10:25 PM
08/10/19 10:25 PM
Western Illinois
#
#11 Offline
trapper
#11  Offline
trapper
#

Western Illinois
I had an old wise Believer tell me one time, "if the human mind could understand all the things of God, then God would only be as big as the human mind". I think we're all in for a few surprises.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592297
08/10/19 10:33 PM
08/10/19 10:33 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Online content
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Online Content
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
As someone posted, the difference is when God breathed live into Adam

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592300
08/10/19 10:36 PM
08/10/19 10:36 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
I hope so, lotta dogs I'd like to meet again.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592318
08/10/19 11:32 PM
08/10/19 11:32 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Ect 19:3 For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity.
20All go to one place. All are from the dust, and to dust all return.
21Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?

The only difference is man will be resurrected. The bible doesn't say either way that the animals will or not.

My understanding is that there is no going to heaven or "eternal torment" when you die. Just different resurrections. Some good. One is bad.

Christ is bringing the Kingdom here.

Last edited by amspoker; 08/10/19 11:35 PM.

Levi
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592329
08/10/19 11:51 PM
08/10/19 11:51 PM
Indiana
K
kyron4 Offline
trapper
kyron4  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
Slippery slope when you bring in faith. That being said, I've watched more than a few people die and a lot of animals, including beloved pets, and never saw a "soul" leave the body. Animals have the same chemical reactions in their brain that creates personality and individualism as humans; dog are a perfect example. I think dead is dead, like before you were born, nothing, non existent; but if we have a "soul" then so do animals.

I also think heaven , based on the Bible, would have to either include past pets or you would have no memory of them; as there is no sorrow or longing in heaven. So If I got to heaven and my childhood dog wasn't there, the thought would bring me sorrow in way. If your old dog was there, whether it really is your dog's soul in heavenly form or a type of facsimile, like a "prop" , for the purpose of fulfillment and happiness is not for me to say. How many times have you told a child their dead pet is in heaven now ? I believe the Bible states in heaven we will not long for things of the world, as the world is sin, so I take it to mean we won't know trapping, racing cars, football, etc. but only the glory of God.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Foxpaw] #6592369
08/11/19 05:48 AM
08/11/19 05:48 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
I'd like to say that as far as animals being in heaven to me is not as problematic as the reincarnation of grandma into becoming a cow. I can see how that might upset the market for Big Macs. Even some Christians are a little squeamish when using the wine and bread as symbols in taking Communion.

Are symbols an idea or picture of something that is real I mean how significant would the Eagle be as a symbol for the US if we had none. I think if we had none then we would probably use something we had, maybe an Owl.

So if Jesus is coming back on a white horse from Heaven where did he pick up the horse. Yes learned people say that is only a symbol of power or a parable if you will. But since God can not lie why would he use a symbol of a horse if it were not at least possible. This entry will be different than the one on the donkey.

In the church its often talked about, "The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them."
This they put in the millennium as a forward place to be attained, so people think they can usher in a new age on their own by acting accordingly.

And as always I do not mind debate.

"Turn your radio on and listen to the music in the air "

You are under the impression that a horse has to die for the Creator of all to have one?

-Goofy-
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592417
08/11/19 08:37 AM
08/11/19 08:37 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
The concept of the White Horse is not mine. Nor is the 4 horsemen. The winners of battle would do do a victory lap on a white horse, how much victory would it be if the horse dropped dead? I think many in the old thinking still believe the sheep die for the shepherd, instead of "The New Deal" in which the shepherd died for the sheep. And by the way, the new deal isn't the one from the depression era.

The Sunday school teacher asked the children "What do you have to do to go to Heaven". One little boy thought a while and said "You have to die".

Nor was it my concept for an animal to die in the garden to replace the fig leaves with the skin which was a act unto the future what the second Adam would do for mankind. The sacrifice of animals was only a picture of the future. The animal was not equal to the first Adam when he was in his sinless state so the animal sacrifice was left wanting. The sinless Second Adam did provide the redeeming qualities to needed to full fill the laws of life for life and blood for blood. Justice for mankind would not have been satisfied without a equal, of which the second Adam provided. Another sign of the future redemption was the silver sockets in which the moveable tabernacle was set on. Also a sign that God does dwell among his Redeemed.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Foxpaw] #6592449
08/11/19 09:43 AM
08/11/19 09:43 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
The concept of the White Horse is not mine. Nor is the 4 horsemen. The winners of battle would do do a victory lap on a white horse, how much victory would it be if the horse dropped dead?

I must have missed something. Why would a horse from heaven ever die? I have no doubt there will be animals in heaven and the new earth. It will not be the same system we have here where they eat each other, as death will be done away with.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592504
08/11/19 12:06 PM
08/11/19 12:06 PM
N.W. Iowa
T
Tactical.20 Offline
trapper
Tactical.20  Offline
trapper
T

N.W. Iowa
Kid from heaven is real, says animals and pets are there

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592574
08/11/19 02:43 PM
08/11/19 02:43 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
A.I. is the new world where nothing dies

Last edited by Boco; 08/11/19 02:44 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Foxpaw] #6592575
08/11/19 02:45 PM
08/11/19 02:45 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

But since God can not lie why would he use a symbol of a horse if it were not at least possible.

If you know me by now, you know I can’t let this go.

Luke 24:13-33

Clearly that act of holding (in the context) is for the purpose of deception. There are many synonyms for deception.

Go.

-Goofy-
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592578
08/11/19 02:54 PM
08/11/19 02:54 PM
New York
N
nyhuntfish Offline
trapper
nyhuntfish  Offline
trapper
N

New York
Animals have souls.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592592
08/11/19 03:25 PM
08/11/19 03:25 PM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
Originally Posted by Finster
What say you?

Stupid question

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592616
08/11/19 04:19 PM
08/11/19 04:19 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
What do you mean Les-All animals have a soul-an arse soul.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Boco] #6592726
08/11/19 07:07 PM
08/11/19 07:07 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Originally Posted by Boco
What do you mean Les-All animals have a soul-an arse soul.

Haven't read that in the bible. That must be from the Canadian
version.

Levi
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread