No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592763
08/11/19 08:16 PM
08/11/19 08:16 PM
Sauk County, WI
Patrice Offline
"TMan Feed Gestapo "
Patrice  Offline
"TMan Feed Gestapo "

Sauk County, WI
Anyone can see that dogs and chickens go to heaven and the other fate is reserved for arachnids and cats. laugh

WTA District 9 Director ... Go D9!
Member: WTA, Intertel, Mensa (Trappers ain't stupid.)
Life Member: NRA
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592794
08/11/19 08:57 PM
08/11/19 08:57 PM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
Oh Patrice, I thought you loved cats, lol.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: trapper les] #6592809
08/11/19 09:17 PM
08/11/19 09:17 PM
Sauk County, WI
Patrice Offline
"TMan Feed Gestapo "
Patrice  Offline
"TMan Feed Gestapo "

Sauk County, WI
laugh

WTA District 9 Director ... Go D9!
Member: WTA, Intertel, Mensa (Trappers ain't stupid.)
Life Member: NRA
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6592845
08/11/19 10:11 PM
08/11/19 10:11 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
But since God can not lie why would he use a symbol of a horse if it were not at least possible.

If you know me by now, you know I can’t let this go.

Luke 24:13-33

Clearly that act of holding (in the context) is for the purpose of deception. There are many synonyms for deception.

Go.

Well actually I don't know you. You hop around more than Philip the evangelist, lol. It seems like your always covering new ground. I'm not so much deceived as confused. I don't know if your asking a question or making a statement!

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: tomahawker] #6592878
08/11/19 11:07 PM
08/11/19 11:07 PM
Cheyenne Wyoming
C
Castormound Offline
trapper
Castormound  Offline
trapper
C

Cheyenne Wyoming
Originally Posted by tomahawker
Pet people have lived off the farm and ranch too long, in their separation from daily contact with animals they misplace judgment, feelings and respect. Ever notice they invariably talk too them like babies. It’s embarrassing

Well, my dog says you're wrong!!!

Antelope, the original fast food!!
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6592888
08/11/19 11:17 PM
08/11/19 11:17 PM
Illinois
foxkidd44 Offline
trapper
foxkidd44  Offline
trapper

Illinois
YES!!!!!!!, theres no way that the lord created something as beautiful as a loving hound,,,and not give it a reward.

Stand by your principles, Stand by your guns, and victory complete and permanent is sure at last.
Abraham Lincoln
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Boco] #6592895
08/11/19 11:26 PM
08/11/19 11:26 PM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
Originally Posted by Boco
When you watch a human die,and watch another mammal die you can see the soul leaving the body.
It is why Native people give thanks to the creator when an animal gives itself to the hunter.

Once again, I am finding myself backing Bocco.... as I feel he is right on the money here.

I actually did get to see a human perish, a loved one - and man, it was horrible - but immediately afterwards I muttered to no one in particular "Holy S_ _ _, there really is life after death" and to this day I cannot explain why I muttered those words [this was in a hospital by the way... while I was by myself with the soul departed body...]

As far as animals, Bocco's first statement regarding mammals - again, I agree with that statement 100 % and can't see why it wouldn't hold true to [the animals] if it indeed holds true to us humans.

Somewhere in the bible it states that we will be judged on the way we treated [our animals]....

Now - when I took my CT Trapping License classes - the instructor was very stern in telling us that from the moment we construct our sets, we have an obligation to have the animals welfare completely at heart, and that we owe it to that animal to treat it was humanely as possible, including a quick and proper dispatch.

I personally believe that all living things great and small exist for a reason, and that we humans are obligated to maintain proper balance and quality of life when it comes to our animal pals.
I believe in the traditional farms, but I am very much against the factory farms - but I also understand that they [factory farms] exist because the human population is inching ever so closer to 7 billion people if it's not there already, and there's no other choice when it comes to feeding the masses.

So yes, I'm going with they do have souls.
This is why we never take them for granted, or exploit them or allow their numbers to become unsustainable.

I know my views are a bit different than most here, but I am a firm believer that if we do not help Mother Nature maintain proper balance and sustainable populations of wildlife, then the animals will suffer beyond belief, and to me - it is the role of the trapper and hunter to help Mother Nature along, all the same while providing use of the pelts, meat, etc... so the animal was not killed for nothing.

Although I have no Native American Indian in me, I still feel a real closeness to how they regarded Mother Earth and all she had to offer.....

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6593103
08/12/19 12:47 PM
08/12/19 12:47 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Dogs better go to heaven. I want to see all mine when I end up there.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6593106
08/12/19 12:55 PM
08/12/19 12:55 PM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Goldsboro, North Carolina
Hmmm, so God's love will not be enough in heaven. You'll need the love of your pets too? Seems to be slighting the Almighty a bit.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Big George W] #6593107
08/12/19 12:59 PM
08/12/19 12:59 PM
Ohio
Ronaround Offline
trapper
Ronaround  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Originally Posted by Big George W
Originally Posted by Boco
When you watch a human die,and watch another mammal die you can see the soul leaving the body.
It is why Native people give thanks to the creator when an animal gives itself to the hunter.

Once again, I am finding myself backing Bocco.... as I feel he is right on the money here.

I actually did get to see a human perish, a loved one - and man, it was horrible - but immediately afterwards I muttered to no one in particular "Holy S_ _ _, there really is life after death" and to this day I cannot explain why I muttered those words [this was in a hospital by the way... while I was by myself with the soul departed body...]

As far as animals, Bocco's first statement regarding mammals - again, I agree with that statement 100 % and can't see why it wouldn't hold true to [the animals] if it indeed holds true to us humans.

Somewhere in the bible it states that we will be judged on the way we treated [our animals]....

Now - when I took my CT Trapping License classes - the instructor was very stern in telling us that from the moment we construct our sets, we have an obligation to have the animals welfare completely at heart, and that we owe it to that animal to treat it was humanely as possible, including a quick and proper dispatch.

I personally believe that all living things great and small exist for a reason, and that we humans are obligated to maintain proper balance and quality of life when it comes to our animal pals.
I believe in the traditional farms, but I am very much against the factory farms - but I also understand that they [factory farms] exist because the human population is inching ever so closer to 7 billion people if it's not there already, and there's no other choice when it comes to feeding the masses.

So yes, I'm going with they do have souls.
This is why we never take them for granted, or exploit them or allow their numbers to become unsustainable.

I know my views are a bit different than most here, but I am a firm believer that if we do not help Mother Nature maintain proper balance and sustainable populations of wildlife, then the animals will suffer beyond belief, and to me - it is the role of the trapper and hunter to help Mother Nature along, all the same while providing use of the pelts, meat, etc... so the animal was not killed for nothing.

Although I have no Native American Indian in me, I still feel a real closeness to how they regarded Mother Earth and all she had to offer.....

Right On BIG GEORGE ^^^ i think you say what i believe also. God Gave us the animals and in our care. use them but dont be cruel to them.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6593137
08/12/19 02:13 PM
08/12/19 02:13 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
In the Book of Tobit why didn't the dog have a name?

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Foxpaw] #6593216
08/12/19 05:30 PM
08/12/19 05:30 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
All life is organic matter and thus has an after life, given the opportunity to do so. The gas we use to drive around arguing about if animals have souls or not was refined from oil created from OM that died eons ago. It is us humans who choose to box ourselves up in caskets and thus not go back to some other organic form of life. I have made arrangements to have my ashes spread so they can do just that. As to souls? I don't know and I need to spend more time on mine than worry about others.

Bryce

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: foxkidd44] #6593247
08/12/19 06:25 PM
08/12/19 06:25 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by foxkidd44
YES!!!!!!!, theres no way that the lord created something as beautiful as a loving hound,,,and not give it a reward.

So, if you believe in Christianity, where in the Bible do you find the backing to make that so? To answer the OP's question, I say no if you are a Christian believer and yes, if you believe in certain Pagan religions.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6593259
08/12/19 06:38 PM
08/12/19 06:38 PM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Hmmm, so God's love will not be enough in heaven. You'll need the love of your pets too? Seems to be slighting the Almighty a bit.

My thoughts also. Trying to place worldly possessions, loves, etc. in heaven is only an attempt to try to explain heaven. I believe the joy of a pet will be present but not the pet.

Last edited by J Staton; 08/12/19 06:38 PM.

James 1: 19-20
Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6593263
08/12/19 06:46 PM
08/12/19 06:46 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

I think as Christians we miss this part of Heaven sometimes

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: bblwi] #6593297
08/12/19 07:19 PM
08/12/19 07:19 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by bblwi
All life is organic matter and thus has an after life, given the opportunity to do so. The gas we use to drive around arguing about if animals have souls or not was refined from oil created from OM that died eons ago. It is us humans who choose to box ourselves up in caskets and thus not go back to some other organic form of life. I have made arrangements to have my ashes spread so they can do just that. As to souls? I don't know and I need to spend more time on mine than worry about others.

Bryce

Are you saying energy equals mass x speed of light squared ?

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6593306
08/12/19 07:26 PM
08/12/19 07:26 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Back in some of the wars when they had steam engine trains they burned literally tens of thousands of Egyptian mummies to fuel their trains.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Foxpaw] #6593407
08/12/19 09:14 PM
08/12/19 09:14 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
No, I am just stating that from my perspective organic matter decomposes and does have the opportunity to become part or parts of other organisms given the opportunity to do so. Things like how soil gets made and other natural organic cycles. For those that are more interested in studying other thoughts on this reading up on Hinduism will give you their beliefs on after lives.

Bryce

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: Finster] #6593417
08/12/19 09:19 PM
08/12/19 09:19 PM
North dakota
N
Nd native Offline
trapper
Nd native  Offline
trapper
N

North dakota
All animals should be harvested with respect. 99% of us on this forum do just that. Probably another 50% of us say thanks to some sort of higher being for the animal who's life we are ending. Nothing wrong with saying thanks. Whether or not you believe the animal has a soul or not.

Re: Do animals have a soul and afterlife? [Re: bblwi] #6593434
08/12/19 09:31 PM
08/12/19 09:31 PM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by bblwi
No, I am just stating that from my perspective organic matter decomposes and does have the opportunity to become part or parts of other organisms given the opportunity to do so. Things like how soil gets made and other natural organic cycles. For those that are more interested in studying other thoughts on this reading up on Hinduism will give you their beliefs on after lives.

Bryce

Bryce isn't it the Hindu's goal not to be reincarnated? When that's achieved, if I remember right, you have entered heaven. Seems as if I read that somewhere.

James 1: 19-20
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread