No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6593124
08/12/19 01:41 PM
08/12/19 01:41 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
get a load of this........................................................

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/new-zealand-gun-buyback-164000167.html

Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: Boco] #6593366
08/12/19 08:25 PM
08/12/19 08:25 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by Boco
They gotta do something.The staus quo is unacceptable.Ordinary people so scared shirtless of being gunned down that they stampede at the sound of a sign falling or a car backfiring.

Whatever they do you can be sure it will be the wrong thing and it will not stop any shootings. The right thing to do is to stop all this gun control nonsense and eliminate most gun free zones. However, we all know this will never be done. It will be the gun control domino effect that will eventually destroy all our rights.

Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6593766
08/13/19 10:11 AM
08/13/19 10:11 AM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Never spent any money on black guns , Kinda glad I didn't ,Just that's not the only semi they want ! Trump has switched horses in the middle of the race ,Who can we turn to now?

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6593852
08/13/19 12:36 PM
08/13/19 12:36 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I have to admit, the threads on here don't make sense.

Most people on here say the shootings are because of the mental health of the nuts who do the shooting and on the next post say they are against adding to the background checks. I guess they are ok with mental people shooting up a place?

Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6593853
08/13/19 12:39 PM
08/13/19 12:39 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Anyone that would do a mass shooting has to be mentally ill.

Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6593854
08/13/19 12:40 PM
08/13/19 12:40 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I agree.

Seems most here agree on that. The question is, what and how do they suggest we slow it/them down?

Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: hippie] #6593862
08/13/19 12:57 PM
08/13/19 12:57 PM
Illinois
R
ratbrain Offline
trapper
ratbrain  Offline
trapper
R

Illinois
Originally Posted by hippie

Most people on here say the shootings are because of the mental health of the nuts who do the shooting and on the next post say they are against adding to the background checks. I guess they are ok with mental people shooting up a place?

But Hippie there are already law upon law governing the ownership of guns by the "dangerously" mentally ill. Enforce the laws already on the books.

Last edited by ratbrain; 08/13/19 12:57 PM.
Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6593864
08/13/19 01:00 PM
08/13/19 01:00 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Here's what i'm asking............................

The mother of the El Paso shooter called the cops but stopped short of saying her kid was nuts. Lets say she did tell them he was nuts.
Now what?

Example two.....................
The kid who bought a gun when he turned 18 and shot up the school in florida.

Should his mental info NOT been entered into the background check system as it wasn't, or should that info be in there to prevent an obviously sick kid from buying the gun?

Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6593869
08/13/19 01:07 PM
08/13/19 01:07 PM
Illinois
R
ratbrain Offline
trapper
ratbrain  Offline
trapper
R

Illinois
It is up to the state laws for the DRs. and courts to report to the National Background check. Illinois reports people who are a danger to themselves and others.

Last edited by ratbrain; 08/13/19 01:07 PM.
Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: hippie] #6593871
08/13/19 01:09 PM
08/13/19 01:09 PM
Illinois
R
ratbrain Offline
trapper
ratbrain  Offline
trapper
R

Illinois

The mother of the El Paso shooter called the cops but stopped short of saying her kid was nuts. Lets say she did tell them he was nuts.
Now what?

Should his mental info NOT been entered into the background check system as it wasn't, or should that info be in there to prevent an obviously sick kid from buying the gun?

Example 1 Red Flag laws are trying to be passed, but the Mom has to report them to an LEO, judge etc. , not just a passerby or neighbor.

Last edited by ratbrain; 08/13/19 01:12 PM.
Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6593873
08/13/19 01:11 PM
08/13/19 01:11 PM
Illinois
R
ratbrain Offline
trapper
ratbrain  Offline
trapper
R

Illinois
Example 2 Yes his mental health history should have been reported if FL has a reporting law.

Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: hippie] #6593874
08/13/19 01:12 PM
08/13/19 01:12 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
I agree.

Seems most here agree on that. The question is, what and how do they suggest we slow it/them down?

Agreed also , just not in the sense that most think of as "ill" ...as in those who have very little concept of what they're doing, reacting in the moment without careful planning...on/off , or needing medication, etc.

These others are fully aware of what targets to stay away from, calculating carefully most times the places they know they can get attention . They crave attention as an image they want to to be seen as , control and power....at least in their minds . Not "ill" at all in the sense most tend to think of, with little or no control of their actions.

Mental ills, yes....but with enough logic and lucid calculations to know better than to aim at someone who can and will take them out ....example , the kid who gave up immediately when confronted by the fireman ....but still needed to video himself holding his phone the whole time. Not a few others kill themselves when they know they are confronted with no more control , or give up easily, unless they are taken out on sight.

Even those who give a "cause" as an excuse, bottomline, still crave attention, power and control in their meanness. They need to get an audience by advertising to friends, relatives, media, etc. I can only think of less than a handful who didn't let anyone know at all and just acted out once they had their plans in place.

You know the answer to your question, racer man......we also know that solution will never be encouraged ....as for us, awareness everywhere we are , and prepared.

Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: hippie] #6593876
08/13/19 01:14 PM
08/13/19 01:14 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio

Now what?

First off, the government is historically horrible concerning information security so I wouldn't want the ATF handling medical information.

Second, anything that could affect your rights needs to go through the courts first and that really doesn't inspire the confidence of most of the country on either side.

Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: hippie] #6594115
08/13/19 08:34 PM
08/13/19 08:34 PM
Illinois
R
ratbrain Offline
trapper
ratbrain  Offline
trapper
R

Illinois

hip-- What do you want added to background checks? Or do you want mandatory background checks for ALL guns sales?

Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: Boco] #6594123
08/13/19 08:45 PM
08/13/19 08:45 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Who said anything about doing something wrong?
They should be smart enough to figure something out.
People cannot live in fear like that in a civilized society.

Point me to a civilized society and we'll talk...

The thin veneer of what folks call "civilized" is just that, thin. Those city folk and uppity elite would slit your throat in a second for a mouthful of beans if "civilization" ever crumbles. They would even use one of the hated semi autos if they get hungry enough.

9 meals is what separates most of the world from anarchy.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6594126
08/13/19 08:51 PM
08/13/19 08:51 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I disagree,thereare always moral people even in crisis when civilization breaks down.
Look at those kids in the Andes plane crash in the early 70's.Some refused to eat the dead bodies and died,others chose to cannibalize the dead to survive like animals.
Most civilized people in western societies have innate moral values that cannot be broken.Others have none even in the best of times.Then there are those societys recently to have civilization thrust upon them that can revert at the drop of a hat.

Last edited by Boco; 08/13/19 08:55 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: Sharon] #6594176
08/13/19 09:55 PM
08/13/19 09:55 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by Sharon
I agree.

Agreed also , just not in the sense that most think of as "ill" ...as in those who have very little concept of what they're doing, reacting in the moment without careful planning...on/off , or needing medication, etc.

These others are fully aware of what targets to stay away from, calculating carefully most times the places they know they can get attention . They crave attention as an image they want to to be seen as , control and power....at least in their minds . Not "ill" at all in the sense most tend to think of, with little or no control of their actions.

Mental ills, yes....but with enough logic and lucid calculations to know better than to aim at someone who can and will take them out ....example , the kid who gave up immediately when confronted by the fireman ....but still needed to video himself holding his phone the whole time. Not a few others kill themselves when they know they are confronted with no more control , or give up easily, unless they are taken out on sight.

Even those who give a "cause" as an excuse, bottomline, still crave attention, power and control in their meanness. They need to get an audience by advertising to friends, relatives, media, etc. I can only think of less than a handful who didn't let anyone know at all and just acted out once they had their plans in place.

You know the answer to your question, racer man......we also know that solution will never be encouraged ....as for us, awareness everywhere we are , and prepared.

I watched a homeless guy dance and hold a conversation with himself. I would say he was mentally ill. Mass shootings are premeditated as you point out Sharon. I consider these people competent but evil. I bet the majority of these shooters who are captured are mentally fit to stand trial.

Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: loosegoose] #6594181
08/13/19 09:59 PM
08/13/19 09:59 PM
east TN, USA
harleydparts Offline
trapper
harleydparts  Offline
trapper

east TN, USA
Get a load of this- Ronald Regan started the gun control in California. Research it. Painfull.

Not as bad as I could be, not as good as I should be.
Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: Boco] #6594502
08/14/19 12:00 PM
08/14/19 12:00 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I disagree,thereare always SOME moral people even in crisis when civilization breaks down.

Of course there will always be a percentage who maintain their moral compass... But when it hits the fan and you've got thousands or millions of desperate folk pouring out of urban centers I would lay money on the fact that a decent percentage will revert to animal instinct.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Mitch McConnell and gun control [Re: ratbrain] #6594510
08/14/19 12:21 PM
08/14/19 12:21 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by ratbrain

hip-- What do you want added to background checks? Or do you want mandatory background checks for ALL guns sales?

Nobody is happy with shootings as you should well know.theresnnot a darned thing you could do by passing laws that will prevent any mass casualty attacks. The best you can hope for is armed security, might be a partial solution to the loss of jobs due to automation.

If you want a long term solution, it's going to take a massive cultural revolution to occur. Unfortunately that kindof change will never be supported by the media, education and government.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread