No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Illinois [Re: loosegoose] #6594998
08/14/19 10:42 PM
08/14/19 10:42 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by loosegoose

. You can teach history without creating identity politics.

One can, but the problem is that teachers willing to delve into a subject which is no ones business but their own (what they do in private), are the ones who are hardcore leftists and interject politics into everything in an extremely one-sided manner, with the ultimate goal of creating the next generation of Democrat voters.

Last edited by 52Carl; 08/14/19 10:44 PM.
Re: Illinois [Re: Catch22] #6595089
08/15/19 06:36 AM
08/15/19 06:36 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Catch22
So your saying go for it even though it's wrong? After reading your post how does one know where you stand? Read your post, your saying that it is brought to you by a liberal bias but should be taught lol, whacky. I learned history and there was no need to mention sexual preference.

I realize what I'm saying may be unclear. What I'm saying is that I'm fine with the idea of learning lgbt history. I'm not fine with adding an agenda to that history lesson. History is facts, there's nothing wrong with facts. Obviously adding one's opinion to that is not okay. Make sense?

Re: Illinois [Re: rex123] #6595157
08/15/19 08:46 AM
08/15/19 08:46 AM
Peoria County Illinois
Larry Baer Offline
trapper
Larry Baer  Offline
trapper

Peoria County Illinois
Loosegoose- Actually they are teaching nasty things to our kids in the sex ed classes. It is all going together to make our next generation think it is good to be that way. It isn't about ''history'' - it's about making our kids think differently. If you look at some of the laws and new rules these guys are passing they may even sound good to some us but one thing they do that is not seen by most us unless you read what they wrote is the definition page where they change the meaning of regular words (like history) to mean what they want it to mean - then they teach it to our kids to mean that so when they become adults in the real world it changes society. If you say history to me it means what happened or what someone did and this is an account of it. I talked to a professor last year who told me that history is actually what society thinks it is. They can make history be anything they want it to be to our kids. The same guy also told me history is feelings. At the time I argued with him and he was very upset to the point of tears that I thought history was what happened or who did something. Our kids are being taught things and the liberals call these things words that have okay meanings to us but what they really are teaching is that butt plugs are great and everyone should have one for each day of the week and your parent who think this is wrong are actually the wrong ones because they are destroying your future by using straws and killing sea turtles and this kind of behavior is going to ruin our world in 12 years so we better outlaw daylight savings time since it adds an extra hour of sun to our world that is burning up!

How about American History?

Last edited by Larry Baer; 08/15/19 09:04 AM.

Just passin through
Re: Illinois [Re: rex123] #6595169
08/15/19 09:08 AM
08/15/19 09:08 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
I agree with you on what history is, Larry Baer. History is just that...historical fact. It's not right, wrong, conservative, liberal, racist, nationalist, or any other such nonsense. It's just a set of facts. There's nothing wrong with knowing, and teaching, facts. It's when opinion gets added in that things get screwy. That's the whole point I've been trying to make.

Re: Illinois [Re: rex123] #6595232
08/15/19 11:30 AM
08/15/19 11:30 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Innocent ti proven guilty

An interesting thing about giving credit to the wrong people. History is usually written by the victors and many times years later as was the case of Shakespeare writing about King Richard 3rd over a hundred years later giving his accomplishments of " innocent til proven guilty, redoing the jury system and the settings of bail", All of which he gave his successor King Henry the credit.

Richards kingdom was lost all for the want of a horse shoe nail but why rob him of his accomplishments. He was King only a couple of years and loved by his people.

The old adage "truth is the daughter of time" sometimes takes forever, lol.

Re: Illinois [Re: rex123] #6595248
08/15/19 12:05 PM
08/15/19 12:05 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
The problem with those kinds of "facts" taught, is the source of undercurrent influence, writing them and teaching them. Kids don't have the discernment to see the agendas beneath the surface.

Parents who home school have the control to help their kids to focus on just what they need to become educated , and considering career choices. Not to waste taxpayer dollars in subliminal influence.

Foxpaw's accounts are valid examples .

I think there was a thread recently , that mentioned Thanksgiving history , and the real story in history behind that . Cannot recall what the thread was about , but the comments there also showed how agenda from sources changed the true accounts so that tradition overrode them completely , obscuring the important lessons the true accounts could teach , to the benefit of society today. Just another example of undercurrent influence .

Re: Illinois [Re: Foxpaw] #6595254
08/15/19 12:16 PM
08/15/19 12:16 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Innocent ti proven guilty

An interesting thing about giving credit to the wrong people. History is usually written by the victors and many times years later as was the case of Shakespeare writing about King Richard 3rd over a hundred years later giving his accomplishments of " innocent til proven guilty, redoing the jury system and the settings of bail", All of which he gave his successor King Henry the credit.

Richards kingdom was lost all for the want of a horse shoe nail but why rob him of his accomplishments. He was King only a couple of years and loved by his people.

The old adage "truth is the daughter of time" sometimes takes forever, lol.

I agree completely. The historical 'facts' are far less important than what the historical significance and consequences of those facts eventually become.

Mean As Nails
Re: Illinois [Re: rex123] #6595297
08/15/19 01:37 PM
08/15/19 01:37 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I agree tyoo.
It's not about the history, it's how it's delivered.

Still, it's sick no matter how ya look at it. There has to be more important things for kids to learn than something about queers. We learned all we needed to know without teachers putting their spin on things.

Re: Illinois [Re: rex123] #6595400
08/15/19 05:41 PM
08/15/19 05:41 PM
St. Cloud, MN
trapperkeck Offline
trapper
trapperkeck  Offline
trapper

St. Cloud, MN
Meanwhile, they are discontinuing useless classes like accounting, personal finance and shop/construction. Makes perfect sense.

"The voice of reason!"
Re: Illinois [Re: rex123] #6595483
08/15/19 08:05 PM
08/15/19 08:05 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Can't opt out either!

Re: Illinois [Re: loosegoose] #6595489
08/15/19 08:10 PM
08/15/19 08:10 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted by loosegoose
What's wrong with teaching it? Like it or not, it a big social issue nowadays, and affects a lot of politics, might as well learn about it. I don't see why there's such an opposition to it being taught. Just because you learn about doesn't mean you're going to turn gay.

Nothing as long as they give all the facts!

Like: The LGBT life style is the most prone to suicide, diseased, and unproductive life style one could choose. But they won't do that! It will be just the opposite. And if you or your kids don't accept it? Then you will be ridiculed and probably punished in some way.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread