No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
This Day in History #6594610
08/14/19 03:44 PM
08/14/19 03:44 PM
Texas Hill Country
C
Cedar Hacker Offline OP
trapper
Cedar Hacker  Offline OP
trapper
C

Texas Hill Country
On August 14, 1945, the Japanese government publicly announced its unconditional surrender to the Allied Forces, bringing World War II to an end.

The way things are shaping up now the next big one might not be too far down the road. ?

Sit on your horse on top of a ridge, look out across the country and tell me there is no God.

Re: This Day in History [Re: Cedar Hacker] #6594666
08/14/19 04:59 PM
08/14/19 04:59 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
I remember when that happened. Although, I was only 4 years old. I was sometime during the night. I was staying with my grandparents for a week and all of the church bells were ringing, the neighbors were all outside shouting and shooting shotguns off. A neighbor of my grandparent's, across the street was shooting a shotgun straight up into the air and the shot came rain down on grandpa and me. Grandpa was a little guy about 5'6" and the neighbor was well over 6 feet and grandpa ran across the street and grabbed the shotgun out of his hands and threatened to stick the gun up his backside and pull the trigger. The guy took the gun in the house, then came over and apologized.

Everyone stood outside for a couple of hours and before we all went inside, a newspaper boy came down the street --- yelling EXTRA. EXTRA … WAR HAS ENDED!

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: This Day in History [Re: Cedar Hacker] #6594674
08/14/19 05:08 PM
08/14/19 05:08 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
The joy felt in America must have been incredible. We need to utterly defeat our enemies now, like we did then. This politically correct movement cripples our military, preventing them from doing what absolutely needs done. The blame rests on the media, who humanizes our enemies, while demonizing the brave people who fight to protect us. Afghanistan and Iraq would have been finished long ago and the Middle East would be much more peaceful, if our military was not restrained by those who don't understand what needs done.

Keith

Re: This Day in History [Re: KeithC] #6594927
08/14/19 09:35 PM
08/14/19 09:35 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
Originally Posted by KeithC
The joy felt in America must have been incredible. We need to utterly defeat our enemies now, like we did then. This politically correct movement cripples our military, preventing them from doing what absolutely needs done. The blame rests on the media, who humanizes our enemies, while demonizing the brave people who fight to protect us. Afghanistan and Iraq would have been finished long ago and the Middle East would be much more peaceful, if our military was not restrained by those who don't understand what needs done.

Keith

You are so right ….And I have never seen any celebration of any event, to this day since then … and that was 74 years ago.

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: This Day in History [Re: Cedar Hacker] #6594934
08/14/19 09:44 PM
08/14/19 09:44 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Amen Keith!

Last edited by bucksnbears; 08/14/19 09:45 PM.

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: This Day in History [Re: KeithC] #6595675
08/15/19 11:58 PM
08/15/19 11:58 PM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Originally Posted by KeithC

Keith

Isn't our military stronger than ever these days?

Most folks I know demonize the politicians over those serving them wink

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread