No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: gryhkl] #6595974
08/16/19 02:29 PM
08/16/19 02:29 PM
Alaska/Washington
D
Dragger Offline
trapper
Dragger  Offline
trapper
D

Alaska/Washington
How did we allow interment camps for citizens with Japanese heritage to become reality? Because people sucuumed to fear over principle and our Constitution. The Constitution was meant to protect us from ignorant people but it's failing because the judiciary is full of low level thinkers with personal bias.

Give an illegal alien a fish and he eats for a day. Deport him and you never have to feed him ever again!
Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: James] #6595977
08/16/19 02:32 PM
08/16/19 02:32 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Wow, way over the top IMHO.

Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: James] #6595980
08/16/19 02:36 PM
08/16/19 02:36 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
maybe only in calling them low level thinkers is he over the top.

I would say they are very calculated thinkers whom intend to device the american populace through fear mongering and false solutions , for their own Bias.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: James] #6595988
08/16/19 02:51 PM
08/16/19 02:51 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Are than ANY limits, such as; background checks, waiting periods, mag capacity limits.....that are negotiable?

The reason I ask is, that with around ninety percent of Americans in favor of some greater restrictions being placed upon the possession and types of firearms we may have,(including most republicans) it is hard to believe that the fear is not with the politicians who most count on votes to retain their jobs. If there comes a point at which the "writing is on the wall" and laws will be passed, I think groups like the NRA had better play a part in the process or become irrelevant and give our politicians a feeling of free-reign.

Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: James] #6595989
08/16/19 02:52 PM
08/16/19 02:52 PM
Alaska/Washington
D
Dragger Offline
trapper
Dragger  Offline
trapper
D

Alaska/Washington
If you think your personal bias is more important than the Constitution and the protection it affords to the survival of the nation and freedom of it's people you are a low level thinker..

Your mommy lied to you. The world doesn't revolve around you.

Give an illegal alien a fish and he eats for a day. Deport him and you never have to feed him ever again!
Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: James] #6595990
08/16/19 02:54 PM
08/16/19 02:54 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
90%? Did you come up with that bit of ridiculousness from the same folks doing all the other polls that are designed to make you feel isolated? Although in your case I guess it makes you feel like you are not alone.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: gryhkl] #6595991
08/16/19 02:55 PM
08/16/19 02:55 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE

Originally Posted by gryhkl

How did we ever let that happen or get along when such a law was in effect?

Because the law was extremely weak, and had a sunset date. AR15s and such were still made, they jus had only 1 feature on the list. Same way people in California and New York still own ARs....clever people find a way to still own their "assault weapons" while still following the letter of the law. It's the same principal that led to "bullet buttons" in California. California required a tool to remove the magazine on "assault weapons", so the bullet button was invented. Then the decided the gun needed to be dismantled to be reloaded, so now gun owners in California have all sorts of clever devices to reload their ARs. Point is, people find a way around these so called "assault weapons" bans.

Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: danny clifton] #6595994
08/16/19 02:58 PM
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND
Originally Posted by danny clifton
90%? Did you come up with that bit of ridiculousness from the same folks doing all the other polls that are designed to make you feel isolated? Although in your case I guess it makes you feel like you are not alone.

That's the bubble he/she lives in....

Pure Blood
Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: James] #6595995
Alaska/Washington
D
Dragger Offline
trapper
Dragger  Offline
trapper
D

Alaska/Washington
If due process has taken your rights away it is ok to check before sale and transfers but that's it. With all the laws on the books only 2 percent of those charged are even prosecuted.of gun crimes.

Who are these laws targeting? Obviously not criminals..

Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: James] #6595999
08/16/19 03:08 PM
08/16/19 03:08 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
The democrats will not go all out and try to ban everything at once since they know the outcry that will occur. It will be the domino effect, first background checks, larger capacity magazine for rifles, then larger capacity handgun magazines, then reverse Castle Doctrine laws, etc, until they get everything they want. This is exactly why I’m against background checks, however, I think as gryhki said the writing is on the wall since the Republicans and Trump appear to be caving in.

Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: James] #6596010
08/16/19 03:18 PM
08/16/19 03:18 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
If these polls(in italics below) were taken today, I would be surprised if the percentages were not even higher.
I suspected that some would make their replies personal, but look things up for yourself.
Or, better yet, talk to people other than those who you know agree with your every political view. At least half the gun owners/hunters I know think ALL gun sales should require a background check. Many feel the same about high capacity mags.
Now, If you are looking for a quick rebuttal, "fake news" is an easy one. wink

Poll

Date

Question

Percent support/favor

Quinnipiac University

June 2017

Do you support or oppose requiring background checks for all gun buyers?

94%

Washington University American Panel Survey

July 2016

Do you support or oppose requiring background checks for all gun buyers, no matter where the gun is purchased?

84%

CBS News

June 2016

Do you favor or oppose a federal law requiring background checks on all potential gun buyers?

89%

Morning Consult

June 2016

Do you support requiring all sellers to run background checks on anyone who buys a gun?

86%*

Public Policy Polling

Mar. 2016

Do you support or oppose requiring a criminal background check of every person who wants to buy a firearm?

84%

CBS News/New York Times

Jan.2016

Do you favor or oppose a federal law requiring background checks on all potential gun buyers?

88%

*This was a poll of registered voters, rather than simply adults[/i]

Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: James] #6596031
08/16/19 03:36 PM
08/16/19 03:36 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Here in Ks we passed a law making it a felony to enforce federal gun law. That was done just a few short years ago. Its called the 2nd amendment protection act if your in the mood to look something up. I don't think its much of a secret that polls are done to promote the views of whoever is doing the poll rather than find out what people think. If 90% of Americans wanted to have more gun control law we would have.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: James] #6596036
08/16/19 03:37 PM
08/16/19 03:37 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
P.S. calling your "poll" a bit of ridiculousness is not personal so far as Im concerned.

Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: James] #6596059
08/16/19 04:01 PM
08/16/19 04:01 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
How about the"he/she" reply from another?
And, at most, the rest of your reply is so obviously person that to describe it as thinly veiled is generous.

Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: James] #6596079
08/16/19 04:21 PM
08/16/19 04:21 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Maybe folks are just tired of your constant liberal trolling grackle and are hoping personal insults will make you go away?

Eh...wot?

Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: James] #6596088
08/16/19 04:29 PM
08/16/19 04:29 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
If somebody had information and/or data that was relevant to a subject that I was discussing, I would want to see know. If I questioned the source of the info, I would be happy that he posted that too.
If someone wants to make their reply personal because I show info he wishes were not rue, why would I care what such a closed mind thinks of me?

I do think there are many who will not post anything that is in opposition to some of the loudest, and most insulting, posters. They know it will bring on the attacks from those who use such tactics to keep information that they don't like of the forum. And, as I suppose will happen with this one, somebody will post some bad enough to shut the thread down.

Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: James] #6596090
08/16/19 04:35 PM
08/16/19 04:35 PM
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND
Maybe I didn't want to assume your pronouns...

Pure Blood
Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: grumley701] #6596098
08/16/19 04:39 PM
08/16/19 04:39 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Originally Posted by grumley701
Maybe I didn't want to assume your pronouns...

Fair enough. wink

Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: gryhkl] #6596130
08/16/19 05:17 PM
08/16/19 05:17 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by gryhkl
Are than ANY limits, such as; background checks, waiting periods, mag capacity limits.....that are negotiable?

The reason I ask is, that with around ninety percent of Americans in favor of some greater restrictions being placed upon the possession and types of firearms we may have,(including most republicans) it is hard to believe that the fear is not with the politicians who most count on votes to retain their jobs. If there comes a point at which the "writing is on the wall" and laws will be passed, I think groups like the NRA had better play a part in the process or become irrelevant and give our politicians a feeling of free-reign.

background checks , first you must understand that >90% of all of this tiny minority of mass shooters passed a background some outright because they had no criminal history and others passed the check because a government employee was complacent in doing their job reporting the crime to the database in a timely manner.

some examples are the Texas church shooter , the Charleston SC church shooter

we have background checks George H Bush and a the legislature made that concession , a check so that no dealer should be selling a gun to a known prohibited person.

the NRA was very much involved in that concession , and the legislation stated that prohibited persons attempting to buy a firearm would be prosecuted how ever none or almost none ever were and after a time prohibited persons realized how many "reporting errors" the courts were making and since there was no repercussions for trying they could test it any time.

so what we have is a colossally broken list that all the parties involved seem to be completely unwilling to update or fix they want another set of further infringements on the law abiding that will do nothing to prevent crime.

The president has the authority to order all federal courts to review all convictions today backwards to insure that no miss reporting happened.
Congress or the Federal court system also has the authority to order such a review.
likewise the Governors , Attorney generals and the state legislatures all have the authority to order a review.

yet no one reviews , they don't say , darn our data was wrong several times we should really be going back and checking data to make sure that the list isn't faulty from miss or lack of reporting.

States were given the Authority to regulate handguns as they wished in 1976 many as an example Iowa , Nebraska , Minnesota ,Michigan , New York ,California , Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey , North Carolina , Rhode Island , Hawaii, Maryland and Washington DC all require a license to purchase , a firearms ownership ID or license or have a registration that effectively does the same thing most of them also require this for a semi automatic rifle also.

yet nearly all homicide by gun is handgun and much of it in those very states.

Waiting periods don't work people don't stop off on the way to the store to kill some one and buy a gun then go murder them , It just isn't happening.

Magazine capacity , we spend 10 years proving it had nothing to do with crime , most of the guns used to murder hardly hold more than 10 any way. we now have strong evidence that suggest Victims are more likely to be handicapped by magazine capacity than assailants.

what we have is a government that said give us this and we will keep you safe and we gave them the tools they asked for and now after they Neglected the tools they have they have come back to ask for more tools that we can only expect they will also neglect to use.

what is negotiable is where every person who falsely fills out a 4473 or is a prohibited person filling out a 4473 is logged recorded and prosecuted even if first try is a 100 dollar fine and a you have officially been warned don't try this again or it is 5 years.
a full review of all convictions starting today and working backwards till 1989 for a start.

if your going to have a "comprehensive" background check you must start by having a comprehensive list or it will do no good start there , it requires no no legislation just what they government already promised it would do and Failed.

the reality is that the government Lies they may lie with the best intentions but they will not be there to protect you , they just can't , they won't tell you the truth ans say you need to take care of you.

then they hide behind a history of lies demanding they be given greater and greater authority in order to do what they can not do.

it i a perpetual self fulfilling prophecy , a government asks for power it is given , it is squandered , wasted , and misused then the answer is always that it needs more power , more authority , more , more , more

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 08/16/19 05:27 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Speaking even more of assault rifles [Re: James] #6596151
08/16/19 06:00 PM
08/16/19 06:00 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
bill Clinton signed insta check into law

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread