No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6598907
08/20/19 05:48 PM
08/20/19 05:48 PM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by zoozoo400

Fat cats & CEOs suck (unless they're paying their people well)

I don’t get this thinking.

CEOs don’t set pay scales, the market does.

As for fat cats, if you have the motivation and skills to be successful who are we to demand that they share that.

You got me on the cats, hobbie

The way I see it, CEOs have a responsibility to do right for their employees. You shouldn't (imo) run a corp without giving the lowest employee enough to support themself on. It would be nice to say "themself and their family" but we are past that, considering it's typical these days for both adults in a family to be working. Obviously there are many factors to consider, but it doesn't make sense (to me) for folks working full time at one or two jobs to be struggling to pay basic bills. There are of course many folks out there crying about low wages while spending entirely too much on their addictions or BS they don't need, but this one isn't about them.. nor the small bizz folks

Financial literacy should be necessary to graduate high school also.. I mean, I had economics, but I was SoL when it came to doing my own taxes & saving/investing effectively.. right out of high school, anyway... laugh

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: J Staton] #6599041
08/20/19 09:19 PM
08/20/19 09:19 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
CEO's have an obligation FIRST to shareholders. Ceo's are employees also. They are hired by the board of directors who are elected by shareholders.

No one, IMO , has any obligation to pay anyone more than they are worth regardless of the circumstances. If you choose to have 8 kids that doesn't mean I have to support them. If a family can't make it on 2 full time jobs they either are spending too much, don't have marketable skills or need to move to an area that provides better opportunities.

I find it peculiar that you call yourself a liberal but also writing your representatives about gun control.

You do understand that voting for liberals is the first thing you need to change if you hope to influence the direction of gun legislation ?? Or maybe you just THINK you're a liberal but really aren't. I have known a few young people like that

Mean As Nails
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: J Staton] #6599056
08/20/19 09:31 PM
08/20/19 09:31 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Shareholders have been thrown under the bus more than workers in a lot of cases thru greed.
A lot of companys would use slave labour if they could get away with it,and not for the shareholders benefit either.In fact one of the biggest problems is big companys moving off shore so they can use cheap labour in countries with lax or no environmental protection for the people that live there.
That is why Workers unions were formed-decent wages and working hours.health and safety for the workers,and protections for the environment.The fat cats couldn't give a crap about any of that -too greedy.
Some non union companys are very good to their employees giving bonuses and profit sharing and entering into benefit agreements with communities.[Linked Image]

Last edited by Boco; 08/20/19 09:34 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: white17] #6599130
08/20/19 10:33 PM
08/20/19 10:33 PM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Originally Posted by white17
CEO's have an obligation FIRST to shareholders. Ceo's are employees also. They are hired by the board of directors who are elected by shareholders.

No one, IMO , has any obligation to pay anyone more than they are worth regardless of the circumstances. If you choose to have 8 kids that doesn't mean I have to support them. If a family can't make it on 2 full time jobs they either are spending too much, don't have marketable skills or need to move to an area that provides better opportunities.

I find it peculiar that you call yourself a liberal but also writing your representatives about gun control.

You do understand that voting for liberals is the first thing you need to change if you hope to influence the direction of gun legislation ?? Or maybe you just THINK you're a liberal but really aren't. I have known a few young people like that

Are shareholders top priority because they own a chunk of the biz? Genuine question.

I understand the voting thing. All I know is I'm somewhere in the middle, ha! Not quite dedicated to either side.. I don't trust any of em

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: J Staton] #6599172
08/20/19 11:19 PM
08/20/19 11:19 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
It's not that they own a "big chunk" they own ALL of it !!

I don't trust MOST of them either but you can't trust ANY with a D after their names. For them it is party first and country LAST !

Mean As Nails
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: J Staton] #6599983
08/22/19 01:23 AM
08/22/19 01:23 AM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Interesting.. How could my eco teacher not teach me these things crazy

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: J Staton] #6600013
08/22/19 06:04 AM
08/22/19 06:04 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
I’m curious how much you would do it for. Let’s play hire a CEO.

Our company is 15,000 EEs strong.

You will be responsible for ensuring all of them act morally an ethically with a chance of going to jail should they fail to do so.

We expect you to meet with not only leaders of the country but foreign leaders as well. This is not negotiable and it will be required when we ask and where. We don’t want to hear about T ball and Dance recitals, we call, you go.

You will dress the part as well.

Some other things you might want to think about.

Trapping, what is that?

You may be spending as much as a month away from your family at any given time so plan accordingly.

Let’s start the bidding, are you in for 80,000.00/yr?

-Goofy-
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread