No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: ] #6597058
08/17/19 10:50 PM
08/17/19 10:50 PM
Illinois
R
ratbrain Offline
trapper
ratbrain  Offline
trapper
R

Illinois
My wife is an extremely intelligent lady. We do not always agree be it politics or anything else in life. That is what makes the world go around IMO.
Always remember: Behind every great man there's a great woman!

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: ] #6597061
08/17/19 10:54 PM
08/17/19 10:54 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
I've been divorced for 28 years. She was an intelligent women.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: ] #6597070
08/17/19 11:04 PM
08/17/19 11:04 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Make it clear we are talking about average group differences and everyone tries to interject anecdotes of individuals...

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: ] #6597100
08/18/19 12:57 AM
08/18/19 12:57 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
True democracy can never work unless the populace are all quality people. To work a democracy needs people who are self interested, but who also are interested in promoting their state, so that they don't vote to take from the state for their own benefit. The people need to be capable of making logical decisions, but still need to be capable of feeling some compassion for others. The answer to most questions is a bit of both. Life needs to be balanced.

The US was set up as a Republic, not a democracy. Most people could not originally vote in the US. As more, often less qualified people have gotten the vote, the US has progressively gotten deeper in debt and had more crime and other social problems. I don't believe that anyone who is on public assistance, anyone who has been convicted of a felony, or anyone who is not paying taxes should have a vote.

Men and women are meant to be together. Men are on average 41% stronger then woman, so physically men are dominant. Women on average, are a couple of points more intelligent then men. Women typically do much more poorly under stress than men do. Children with 1 male and 1 or more female parents do much better than children with 1 parent.

People vary greatly. There are women stronger than some men. There are women, who handle well under stress. There are men who fall apart under stress.

I think the best government possible would be a Republic, where very qualified, well rounded people voted and made the decisions for the others. Things like military service, high intelligence, success in business, patriotism and discerning compassion for others are what should be looked for in representatives for the people.

Keith

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: ] #6597103
08/18/19 01:15 AM
08/18/19 01:15 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
It is pretty interesting that we live in the most free nation in the world, a nation which the founding principles were laid down by men. A great country which saved the world in ww2. The men who fought and saved the world in ww2 were products of an environment and government which was dominated by men. Since women have become involved more and more in government and business the nation has gone downhill and here we are today standing at the edge of it being gone. Now some women in all their wisdom are calling for guns to be banned so we will be more safe which is an absolute fairy tale.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: ] #6597114
08/18/19 03:10 AM
08/18/19 03:10 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Just saw the news. This group had 1 rally 2 minutes away from me and also organized a townhall. The mayor went to rally and signed some order to ban guns away community centers, senior centers, and multigenerational centers.

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: ] #6597116
08/18/19 03:56 AM
08/18/19 03:56 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
More gun free zones thanks to morons.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: ] #6597141
08/18/19 07:10 AM
08/18/19 07:10 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by J Staton
Any of y'all got these leftist/misinformed women trying to make a stink in your state? This Micheal Bloomberg offshoot of Every town for Gun Safety gets plenty of media attention here in Arkansas. Of course , which I'm sure is everywhere, 2nd amendment advocates get no media coverage. They're really pushing for red flag laws so be most weary and cautious of these emotionally overcharged women.

They will change their tune the first time a Red Law is used against their “Innocent Like Boy.” lol

-Goofy-
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: ] #6597148
08/18/19 07:33 AM
08/18/19 07:33 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
TV is a huge problem. Some people spend more than half their life staring at it.

TV exists for two things.

#1 To tell you how to think. TV got popular with stuff like the Andy Griffin show and Leave it to Beaver. Today shows are telling you traditional values, owning firearms, hard work, and a willingness to fight by using violence for the bill of rights, are wrong.

#2 is making money by selling advertising time.

I have no problem with #2 but have not watched tv in more than 10 years because of #1.

TV is changing how our kids think. Turn yours off. Nothing wrong with your way of thinking. Don't let some tv show or news program tell you what to think.

They ALL influence how you see the world. Every program on that thing. Yes even pro sports

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: ] #6597165
08/18/19 08:01 AM
08/18/19 08:01 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Here's a thought provoking commentary. I don't agree or disagree with the author but his premise of "the most intolerant wins" being the key to political power has historical precedent. Makes one wonder why the party preaching tolerence is the most intolerent.

[Linked Image]
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: ] #6597170
08/18/19 08:13 AM
08/18/19 08:13 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

After reading further I see the “women clumping” building. This is a bit humorous because I have seen an increase in men that could be part of that clump as well. lol

Parents in general desire their children to be safe. Fathers, having survived a lot of stupid actions (relatively more than Mothers, in general) don’t see the world as dangerous.

My wife is conservative in the respect of individual accountability.

-Goofy-
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: ] #6597173
08/18/19 08:17 AM
08/18/19 08:17 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
its hard to take a guy hiding in a motorcycle mask serious. kinda like taking serious people on tman that hide their identity

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: danny clifton] #6597179
08/18/19 08:25 AM
08/18/19 08:25 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by danny clifton
its hard to take a guy hiding in a motorcycle mask serious. kinda like taking serious people on tman that hide their identity

Is that directed at anyone? If so my true identity is anything but hidden. I'm all over the Internet under my own name David McLeod, business name Georgia Wildlife Services, and preferred forum handle warrior (for the river I grew up on). Nor am I at all bashful or shy.

As to the video I opined that I neither agree nor disagree merely that he raised some thought provoking points. I'm sorry if you seek to dismiss out of hand rather than hear ideas that may require thought.

[Linked Image]
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: ] #6597185
08/18/19 08:35 AM
08/18/19 08:35 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I listened to it. Or about half of it. Yes I knew your name. Never known you to hide. Most folks on here do not hide. Some do. Makes me think they are either lying here on TMan or lying in their person to person communications. A guy hiding in a motorcycle helmet is not someone to take seriously. IMO

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: ] #6597192
08/18/19 08:57 AM
08/18/19 08:57 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
The idea that intolerance is politically advantageous is not something I agree with at all. Even if he wasn't hiding.

People who will not tolerate me trapping or owning firearms are disgusting creatures. Telling others how to live goes against everything our ancestors fought to give us. The bottom line is that for all their talk of tolerance liberals are the most intolerant people on the planet. Rather than actually promoting tolerance for homosexuals, races other than caucasian, or immigrants, they want to give preferential treatment to homosexuals and non-caucasions, while exploiting illegal immigrants.

Liberals are gaining ground simply because to many people have gotten soft thanks to the easy life conservatism and capitalism has given us.

Because liberals (this includes republicans by the way) are willing to take money from the person who earned it, then give it to someone else, they garner support. Its no mystery why liberal presidential candidates spend all their time telling people how much welfare they are willing to hand out.

Even so called conservatives DEMAND that the government give them other peoples money.

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: KeithC] #6597201
08/18/19 09:09 AM
08/18/19 09:09 AM
Sauk County, WI
Patrice Offline
"TMan Feed Gestapo "
Patrice  Offline
"TMan Feed Gestapo "

Sauk County, WI
Originally Posted by KeithC
True democracy can never work unless the populace are all quality people. To work a democracy needs people who are self interested, but who also are interested in promoting their state, so that they don't vote to take from the state for their own benefit. The people need to be capable of making logical decisions, but still need to be capable of feeling some compassion for others. The answer to most questions is a bit of both. Life needs to be balanced.

The US was set up as a Republic, not a democracy. Most people could not originally vote in the US. As more, often less qualified people have gotten the vote, the US has progressively gotten deeper in debt and had more crime and other social problems. I don't believe that anyone who is on public assistance, anyone who has been convicted of a felony, or anyone who is not paying taxes should have a vote.

Men and women are meant to be together. Men are on average 41% stronger then woman, so physically men are dominant. Women on average, are a couple of points more intelligent then men. Women typically do much more poorly under stress than men do. Children with 1 male and 1 or more female parents do much better than children with 1 parent.

People vary greatly. There are women stronger than some men. There are women, who handle well under stress. There are men who fall apart under stress.

I think the best government possible would be a Republic, where very qualified, well rounded people voted and made the decisions for the others. Things like military service, high intelligence, success in business, patriotism and discerning compassion for others are what should be looked for in representatives for the people.

Keith

Good points. In my opinion, our representative republic would be best served if its voting representatives earned the right to vote, not as part of a simple demographic, but based on qualifications like those above. It may not be possible to enact at this point, but it sure would prevent a lot of people from voting for what they perceive as a free ride.

WTA District 9 Director ... Go D9!
Member: WTA, Intertel, Mensa (Trappers ain't stupid.)
Life Member: NRA
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: ] #6597207
08/18/19 09:16 AM
08/18/19 09:16 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
I think the helmet thing is just a gimmick. I have seen his face on other videos, iirc.

I tend to agree with you on intolerance. I don't care for others in my business either but one has to admit various political systems have had success through the centuries using intolerance.

The Romans had the legions and cruxifiction.
The Soviets had a seventy year run practicing extreme intolerance.
Heck, the British royals have hung around for over six centuries thanks to intolerance.

While we here in the US have tolerated ourselves to the point of almost complete societal collapse.

Prime example, a party in power that tolerably allows everything from alt right/white racists to constitutional originalists to conservatives to libertrains to rinos to never trumpers.

The other party is even worse in make up but is equally intolerant of all the above.

I think we on the right need to find an intolerance we can agree to rally around.

[Linked Image]
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: Marty] #6597220
08/18/19 09:32 AM
08/18/19 09:32 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted by Marty
More gun free zones thanks to morons.

Exactly

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: warrior] #6597233
08/18/19 09:40 AM
08/18/19 09:40 AM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by warrior
I think the helmet thing is just a gimmick. I have seen his face on other videos, iirc.

I tend to agree with you on intolerance. I don't care for others in my business either but one has to admit various political systems have had success through the centuries using intolerance.

The Romans had the legions and cruxifiction.
The Soviets had a seventy year run practicing extreme intolerance.
Heck, the British royals have hung around for over six centuries thanks to intolerance.

While we here in the US have tolerated ourselves to the point of almost complete societal collapse.

Prime example, a party in power that tolerably allows everything from alt right/white racists to constitutional originalists to conservatives to libertrains to rinos to never trumpers.

The other party is even worse in make up but is equally intolerant of all the above.

I think we on the right need to find an intolerance we can agree to rally around.

The Bill of Rights and the intolerance it places on government should be the intolerance we should rally around. IMO.

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: KeithC] #6597236
08/18/19 09:46 AM
08/18/19 09:46 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by KeithC

Keith

You make good points but I would like to clarify your point about women being higher IQ on average. Women are almost all average intelligence, very few high or low intelligence women compared to men. Men have wide variation in IQ, nearly all the geniuses and very "slow" are all men. If you take and toss out all the sub 80 IQs of both men and women men actually average 5 points higher in IQ.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread