No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: J Staton] #6597240
08/18/19 09:51 AM
08/18/19 09:51 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by J Staton
Originally Posted by warrior
I think the helmet thing is just a gimmick. I have seen his face on other videos, iirc.

I tend to agree with you on intolerance. I don't care for others in my business either but one has to admit various political systems have had success through the centuries using intolerance.

The Romans had the legions and cruxifiction.
The Soviets had a seventy year run practicing extreme intolerance.
Heck, the British royals have hung around for over six centuries thanks to intolerance.

While we here in the US have tolerated ourselves to the point of almost complete societal collapse.

Prime example, a party in power that tolerably allows everything from alt right/white racists to constitutional originalists to conservatives to libertrains to rinos to never trumpers.

The other party is even worse in make up but is equally intolerant of all the above.

I think we on the right need to find an intolerance we can agree to rally around.

The Bill of Rights and the intolerance it places on government should be the intolerance we should rally around. IMO.

Agreed

[Linked Image]
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: J Staton] #6597242
08/18/19 09:53 AM
08/18/19 09:53 AM
Central Texas - Erath- Real Co...
Ol' Smoke Offline
trapper
Ol' Smoke  Offline
trapper

Central Texas - Erath- Real Co...
Moms Demand Action - Do SOMETHING, even if it's dead wrong.

---- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE----Bye, Bye Miss American Pie----
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: danny clifton] #6597243
08/18/19 09:54 AM
08/18/19 09:54 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by danny clifton
its hard to take a guy hiding in a motorcycle mask serious. kinda like taking serious people on tman that hide their identity

I make a small effort to hide my identity on here just to avoid bad online reviews of my business from Antis. I am very willing to share my identity with any longstanding member over pm.

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: KeithC] #6597720
08/18/19 11:11 PM
08/18/19 11:11 PM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Originally Posted by BigBob
Most all women will lose what common sense they have and sign on for any kind of scheme when somebody just say's a kid is in danger! I think it's embedded in their DNA.

Not mine.. Kids are the worst

Originally Posted by danny clifton
In all seriousness IMO it should be a requirement to vote, that every 10 years you have to pass the written citizenship test that people who immigrate must pass to become naturalized.

X2

Originally Posted by loosegoose
Our government's legitimate power is derived from the will of the people. Any government that would exclude certain groups of people from voting does not derive it's power from the will of the people is by nature tyrannical and must be abolished.

(obviously this only includes citizens, non citizens have no legitimate interest in the goings on of our country and do not deserve a vote)

also X2

Not to mention.. each party has their place in govt. I feel that if we could work together (somehow) we could make a country that unites instead of divides. Granted, it is the media (news & other) doing most of that...
There's nothin wrong with getting fiscally conservative, socially liberal, & still support our rights to guns, greed, & individuality (or whatever else you can think of)
I might've said this somewhere else, but my memory nearly always fails me.. LOL

Originally Posted by KeithC
True democracy can never work unless the populace are all quality people. To work a democracy needs people who are self interested, but who also are interested in promoting their state, so that they don't vote to take from the state for their own benefit. The people need to be capable of making logical decisions, but still need to be capable of feeling some compassion for others. The answer to most questions is a bit of both. Life needs to be balanced.

People vary greatly. There are women stronger than some men. There are women, who handle well under stress. There are men who fall apart under stress.

I think the best government possible would be a Republic, where very qualified, well rounded people voted and made the decisions for the others. Things like military service, high intelligence, success in business, patriotism and discerning compassion for others are what should be looked for in representatives for the people.

Keith

Cannot agree more. Smart, compassionate voters are necessary for a fair, successful society to exist.

It does dishearten me when I see folks wanting to ban guns instead of learning something about them & maybe giving them a shot. My gf's mother is stubborn and quickly falls into media hype... She is liberal, but I also know of quite a few conservatives who let the TV do the thinking for them. Her daughter, on the other hand, learned early that asking questions & finding answers/developing her own opinion is far more important. I can be guilty of letting the media feed my brain, but she never fails to ask me things that make me think harder about it. A wonderful partner, she is.

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: Dirt] #6597722
08/18/19 11:13 PM
08/18/19 11:13 PM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Originally Posted by Dirt
P.S. You don't get to choose what demographic you want to be in. Well, maybe transgenders do?

LOL only if the survey says "man/woman" as opposed to "male/female" laugh

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: J Staton] #6597730
08/18/19 11:28 PM
08/18/19 11:28 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Just seen the local protest here on the news it was tough to make them look like a "crowd" with 30 people maybe, then the news went on to copycat threats one guy had a ".22 hunting rifle and 400 rounds of ammo" . LOL Idiots

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: J Staton] #6597773
08/19/19 05:52 AM
08/19/19 05:52 AM
vermont
V
vermontster Offline
trapper
vermontster  Offline
trapper
V

vermont
Lawdog same exact thing on our local news the protesters were in the largest city in VT with the same description you gave.

The bitterness of poor quality last a lot longer than the sweetness of low price
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: Law Dog] #6597790
08/19/19 06:43 AM
08/19/19 06:43 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline OP
trapper
J Staton  Offline OP
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Just seen the local protest here on the news it was tough to make them look like a "crowd" with 30 people maybe, then the news went on to copycat threats one guy had a ".22 hunting rifle and 400 rounds of ammo" . LOL Idiots

Same here. Seen where a guy in Florida was arrested and his gun confiscated when his ex girlfriend turned him in. From what I understand for sharing thoughts of what he would do if he committed a mass shooting. Red flag laws at work and the Thought Police in action.

James 1: 19-20
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: J Staton] #6597800
08/19/19 07:10 AM
08/19/19 07:10 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

I propose only those that own land vote. Not bank owned--must own it free and clear.

I would also support allowing only those that pay a certain threshold of taxes (which I despise but we need a metric for this) to vote. This would catch the business owners and other high performing people. Other stringent financial requirements could be used.

Actual mlitary service can get you a voter card too.

As for women, I know plenty that would beat the brakes off of many on here in the intelligence and judgment departments.

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: Blaine County] #6597887
08/19/19 10:07 AM
08/19/19 10:07 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Blaine County
I propose only those that own land vote. Not bank owned--must own it free and clear.

I would also support allowing only those that pay a certain threshold of taxes (which I despise but we need a metric for this) to vote. This would catch the business owners and other high performing people. Other stringent financial requirements could be used.

As for women, I know plenty that would beat the brakes off of many on here in the intelligence and judgment departments.

The “tax paid requirement” will also have to come with a tax exemption for removing the voting privileges as that would equate to taxation without representation .

-Goofy-
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6597908
08/19/19 10:57 AM
08/19/19 10:57 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

The “tax paid requirement” will also have to come with a tax exemption for removing the voting privileges as that would equate to taxation without representation .

Yup. If you can't vote then you don't have to pay taxes. We fought off the British in part because of taxation without representation. Let's not be dumb enough to go back to that tyranny. The same would go for women too, if they aren't allowed to vote.

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6597924
08/19/19 11:28 AM
08/19/19 11:28 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Felons can't vote and some presumably pay taxes.

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: Blaine County] #6597931
08/19/19 11:38 AM
08/19/19 11:38 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Surely they were voting prior to being a criminal. Their choice that they threw that away. That is quite different than telling someone their voting rights are being taken away because they don’t fork over enough taxes.

It was a good try though.

-Goofy-
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: J Staton] #6597950
08/19/19 12:33 PM
08/19/19 12:33 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
I have been taxed my whole life without representation. Most of the representatives that represent whatever district they put me in are not representing me. They represent the other guys( women). I really like this idea of not paying taxes because I have no representation. Can we make it retroactive?

Last edited by Dirt; 08/19/19 12:41 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6597952
08/19/19 12:39 PM
08/19/19 12:39 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Surely they were voting prior to being a criminal. Their choice that they threw that away. That is quite different than telling someone their voting rights are being taken away because they don’t fork over enough taxes.

It was a good try though.

You missed the point. Congress has the ability to impose restrictions. Felons are a good example.

By the way and it's been a while since I had Con Law, but I don't remember the phrase "no taxation without representation" in the Constitution. I know it was kind of addressed in a later Amendment but Congress can still legislate. Now, getting it passed is another story....

Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: J Staton] #6597957
08/19/19 12:45 PM
08/19/19 12:45 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

The restriction was imposed based on the actions of the individual (Crime).

I suppose they can impose other things like speed limits on law abiding citizens in the name of safety but removing voting rights on a whim is a different animal altogether.

-Goofy-
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: J Staton] #6598026
08/19/19 03:23 PM
08/19/19 03:23 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
If they all got together out West here they would struggle to fill a pole barn if you lumped several states together! LOL

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6598038
08/19/19 03:41 PM
08/19/19 03:41 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK

Maybe I am misunderstanding you. What we have now in about half the country is representation without taxation. Is that any more equitable than the other way round ?

Mean As Nails
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: bowhunter27295] #6598040
08/19/19 03:43 PM
08/19/19 03:43 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Moms demand action against gun violence is a joke. They're not demanding action against gun violence, they're demanding gun control. We can all agree that gun violence is bad, their name is an appeal to emotion to make anyone who doesn't agree with them appear unreasonable.

As far as women not voting because they're more liberal.....blacks vote democrat by a heavy majority. Should we also prevent blacks from voting? And if not, how is preventing women from voting any different?

If the majority of blacks would simply look at what the D party stands for and weren't afraid of the label it would get them to oppose that, they would all be conservative. The Church is pivotal in the Black community. I have yet to see a black preacher condone an abortion or homosexuality. But they vote D 90+% of the time. Scared of themselves.

Or, if they would look at the party that freed them as slaves. Or, Margaret Sanger, the founder or Planned Parenthood. She founded it as an abortion clinic with her main goal to abort black babies. Which party currently supports Planned Parenthood?

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Moms Demand Action [Re: J Staton] #6598042
08/19/19 03:48 PM
08/19/19 03:48 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Get rid of all taxes on individuals.
And no government spending of money they don't have.

Last edited by Boco; 08/19/19 03:50 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread