No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
AK's getting scarce #6598487
08/20/19 02:37 AM
08/20/19 02:37 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
I've been looking around at some of the more expensive better built AK variants and have noticed that they are getting a bit scarce on the net. Now they are still out there but a lot of sites have them sold out. You can always find the century arms crap but the better name builders like Arsenal doesn't seem to have many on the shelf. I wonder if we are back in panic buy mode? On the bright side, I have noticed that ammo is in good supply finally and getting really cheap. I saw federal green tip 62gr 556 on sale the other day for about .26/round after rebate although I can't remember what online site. At the height of the ammo shortage, you were lucky to get that for under $1/round if you could even find it.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: AK's getting scarce [Re: Finster] #6598488
08/20/19 03:35 AM
08/20/19 03:35 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Yes and no. I don't think we're in full panic mode yet but I don't think suppliers have been carrying full inventories either considering past history of panic, overproduction, oversupply. Been watching for some time now and not seeing over supply of cheap lowers, lpk, etc. Mostly low stock numbers that in the past week or so seem to be moving.

[Linked Image]
Re: AK's getting scarce [Re: warrior] #6598931
08/20/19 06:19 PM
08/20/19 06:19 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by warrior
Yes and no. I don't think we're in full panic mode yet but I don't think suppliers have been carrying full inventories either considering past history of panic, overproduction, oversupply. Been watching for some time now and not seeing over supply of cheap lowers, lpk, etc. Mostly low stock numbers that in the past week or so seem to be moving.

Interesting, I don't know if I agree with that. I haven't seen "oversupply" in a very long time. At least not really in the past decade.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: AK's getting scarce [Re: Finster] #6598933
08/20/19 06:24 PM
08/20/19 06:24 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
PSA just had some on sale.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread