No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Glad I am moving #6599184
08/20/19 11:31 PM
08/20/19 11:31 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
for 1 reason only....My problematic neighbor.

Had a guy here with a tow truck buying a project truck I never got to finish. I go out front to direct the wrecker into the backyard and the neighbor is standing at his garage with a 2' piece of rebar running his mouth saying stuff like if the wrecker drives on his dirt and weeds I will have a problem. Oh boy I went from intense pain barely able to move to telling him to step to the plate, Little did he know I was carrying because I had a stranger here and as far as I am concerned that rebar is a deadly weapon and will be met with greater faster expand on impact force. This is all going on while I am directing the wrecker back. The driver gets the wrecker set up and says the neighbor is nuts and tried to calm me down and get out asap. Before he left he said the neigbor's yard and house is trashed it's not like a tire on the dirt and weeds would have done any damage. Meanwhile I am trying to talk to the guy and neighbor keeps running his mouth. I couldn't call pd at that moment as I had to leave to get my kids from school as soon as the wrecker left.

My uncle (in town for his brothers funeral) was here helping me pack and other things and said the neighbor is straight up nuts and I handled it well. I'll file a report in the morning as I won't have to go anywhere until the evening for my other uncles viewing.

I HATE the city

Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599193
08/20/19 11:55 PM
08/20/19 11:55 PM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline
trapper
SGT. C  Offline
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
Yep, most of us has had a neighbor from haitas. Be safe and don't be there by yourself in case things go South.

Once had a neighbor like that. She did things like stick her face to my screen window and yell at me and then accuse my cat of crapping in her pool. We all know cats don't go near pools, especially above ground pools. Then had the audacity to ask me once to barrow the radiator cap from my car for her drivers ed class. The list goes on. Stay cool and safe. Better times down the road for your kids and you. Sarge

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599194
08/20/19 11:57 PM
08/20/19 11:57 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
I love neighbors like that. They inspire my creativity to step up my game.

But seriously threats like that really need to be reported.

[Linked Image]
Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599201
08/21/19 12:15 AM
08/21/19 12:15 AM
Indiana
K
kyron4 Offline
trapper
kyron4  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
Moved out in the country almost 2 years ago, closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away. Best thing I ever did. Had several rental duplex apt. houses around us full of young white trash druggies. Always picking up cig. butts and big gulp cups, loud arguments, profanity ,loud cars, barking dogs, etc. Cops did very little when called. Hit my breaking point on 4th of july weekend and announced to the wife "we are moving !". Lived there 18 years and house had been paid for the last 6 years. Didn't care how much it cost I had to go. Now I'm more relaxed, calmer, less irritable; couldn't be happier. Wish I had done it sooner, always told myself it would get better; it never did. With the money from selling the old house and old fashion hard work (lots of overtime) we just paid off the new place this month, which felt good to only go back into payments for a few years. Go for it, it's a scary processes but well worth it.

Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599209
08/21/19 12:51 AM
08/21/19 12:51 AM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
I would think it's fair to say we have all had that one neighbor. Sorry you had to deal with that and glad to see you posting on T-man instead of from inside a jail cell or interrogation room.

Real name Eric
The sharpest hammer in the box of crayons.

Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599211
08/21/19 12:56 AM
08/21/19 12:56 AM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Online content
trapper
Jurassic Park  Online Content
trapper
J

MB
Huh!?!?

It’s his property, let him be upset.
Not that I would be upset.

SGT C was about to shoot a couple guys last week for pulling into his 600 foot long driveway.

Adam was carrying a gun because he himself didn’t trust the guy he invited over to his property. And here you have this neighbor who never asked anyone to trespass or come on his lawn and he’s the whacko?

Give your heads a shake!

Cold as ice!
Re: Glad I am moving [Re: Jurassic Park] #6599212
08/21/19 01:03 AM
08/21/19 01:03 AM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

Adam was carrying a gun because he himself didn’t trust the guy he invited over to his property. And here you have this neighbor who never asked anyone to trespass or come on his lawn and he’s the whacko?

Give your heads a shake!

That is an interesting SPIN on the situation... that's for sure. Can't say I agree with your perception but then again none of us on here besides Adam were there in person.

Real name Eric

Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599213
08/21/19 01:07 AM
08/21/19 01:07 AM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Life is too short to deal with wasted time.

No matter at what point in one's life a change to happiness is perceived , reach out and grasp it as the cherished gem it is....

Money is not what is regretted in the timeline of life lived .

Attain your goals..all other things will work out in their order along the way.

Life- is too short to loose happiness.

Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599216
08/21/19 01:14 AM
08/21/19 01:14 AM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline
trapper
SGT. C  Offline
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
Come on JP. Fine line in being ready vs being assaulted or killed. When someone has a pipe in hand and his tone is directed at you. Better take it seriously or pay for being stupid.
Wasn't about to shoot someone for pulling into my driveway. No Sir, they were park , i repeat. PARKED! outside the normal boundaries for making a turn around. I live in the country to avoid just the crap that this post is about.. I will protect my family and property as needed. Besides, what would you have thought pulling into your own 230 yard long driveway as you call it at 7am in the morning knowing your wife is home alone. I stand by my action, and so does the law here in South Carolina. Sarge

Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599218
08/21/19 01:29 AM
08/21/19 01:29 AM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
Well said, as usual, Sharon.

Real name Eric

Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599219
08/21/19 01:38 AM
08/21/19 01:38 AM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Online content
trapper
Jurassic Park  Online Content
trapper
J

MB
SGT. C I’m with you on protecting your family on your own property from trespassers. Sometimes when I pull into my driveway I wonder if I’ll find someone up to no good on my yard. That’s fine.

But I’m sticking with the neighbor with the pipe on this one. From what I read above the neighbor did nothing wrong. He has every right to be upset with someone driving onto his property whether it’s well kept or not. It’s his property and if he wants to wave a chunk of metal to scare off the trespassers then so be it.
Him standing at his garage with the rebar in his hand is like someone posting a beware of dog sign. Or like the guy at the self checkout at Walmart with a pistol on his hip.

Cold as ice!
Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599220
08/21/19 01:51 AM
08/21/19 01:51 AM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline
trapper
SGT. C  Offline
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
JP, I'm open minded to everyone's way of thinking. But to disregard someone standing with a pipe or bat or anything besides what God gave you. I refuse to be a fool and think all is well.
It's ok for the neighbor to be upset about someone on his property, but not in an intimidating way. There are many ways to handle situations. Nothing wrong in being prepared for the worst but hope for the best.

Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599223
08/21/19 02:53 AM
08/21/19 02:53 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
The demented evil folks walk among us everyday.....you never know when things will just go hog wild since they do not call ahead to make an appointment. When that happens most folks get beat because their first thought/reaction is 'I can't believe this is happening'....then it is over. You need to be prepared to go from 0 to light speed in an instant. That's what people like moms demand action just will never understand....the world can be a dangerous and unforgiving place if your not prepared to defend, without hesitation, the life that God gave you.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599225
08/21/19 03:51 AM
08/21/19 03:51 AM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline
trapper
SGT. C  Offline
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
x2 Marty.
Once went to an old girlfriends parents place(she worked there) to congratulate her on her pregnancy Stopped by her fathers shop. Out comes two dudes I've never seen. They were immediately were on the offense. " what do you want" I asked is Cheryl around. He said no, she is not allowed to speak to anyone. You better leave now. During this time I happened to notice the crescent wrench he was halfway holding behind his back. I apologized for the intrusion. I went down the road and called her father and asked what the heck is wrong with that SOB. I also let Carl know his son in law was lucky that day for not advancing as my model S&W 19 was tucked in my door. Carl said without hesitating. Should of shot him. A few years later, this same SOB molested his daughter.
Now with my job, I encounter hostile people often. And yes I have seen my share of people on meth and they will hurt you with without hesitation.
And yes, I stay on edge and treat everyone that way until they prove otherwise. Sarge

Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599315
08/21/19 08:29 AM
08/21/19 08:29 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by adam m
I HATE the city

It's stories like this one that affirm my decision to never live in a city or any other crowed place. As a result, I've always lived places where I could whizz off the porch or deck in complete privacy, shoot randomly whenever I felt like it (or the need arose) and have neighbors far enough away that they didn't bother me with whatever they were up to.

You need to find a place like that Adam. I hope it works out for you.

Eh...wot?

Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599321
08/21/19 08:34 AM
08/21/19 08:34 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
i have a verbal altercation with my neighbor everyday but i'm working on the whole"talkin to myself" thing. grin

run Adam,run.

Re: Glad I am moving [Re: pcr2] #6599360
08/21/19 09:14 AM
08/21/19 09:14 AM
Wabash, IN USA
Flipper 56 Offline
trapper
Flipper 56  Offline
trapper

Wabash, IN USA
Originally Posted by pcr2
i have a verbal altercation with my neighbor everyday but i'm working on the whole"talkin to myself" thing. grin

run Adam,run.

grin

"Where Can A Man Find Bear Beaver And Other Critters Worth Cash Money When Skinned?"

Re: Glad I am moving [Re: Sharon] #6599385
08/21/19 09:35 AM
08/21/19 09:35 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Sharon
Life is too short to deal with wasted time.

No matter at what point in one's life a change to happiness is perceived , reach out and grasp it as the cherished gem it is....

Money is not what is regretted in the timeline of life lived .

Attain your goals..all other things will work out in their order along the way.

Life- is too short to loose happiness.

Truth

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599399
08/21/19 09:49 AM
08/21/19 09:49 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
I guess you can say I didn't trust the guy buying the truck as I never met him. Until I know someone and actually trust them I'm always prepared to defend. This city has taught me be prepared for crazy people. I still treat everyone with respect and am friendly but my guard isn't down either

With the history of this neighbor if I'm going to be outside for more than a few I carry. For him to come out armed with a rebar and running his mouth put me in condition red. Heck most would be in condition red too.

The driver didn't drive on his property if he did it was maybe an inch or 2 but he came out armed yelling before the driver even left the street to backup into my yard. Just looked he didn't even drive on his property.

Well said Sharon.

I'm with Sgt C people parked in your driveway is sketchy.

Jurassic park I disagree it's far from a beware of dog sign. I see the rebar as a deadly weapon that is being brandished added to that he's running his mouth.

Last edited by adam m; 08/21/19 10:00 AM. Reason: Added text
Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6599407
08/21/19 09:58 AM
08/21/19 09:58 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
I hope nothing happens today. I have habitat for humanity coming to pick up stuff

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread