No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Trump Cancels Federal Student Debt - Disabled vets #6599706
08/21/19 06:45 PM
08/21/19 06:45 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
I'm all for it! Nice move Mr. President!

Donald Trump Cancels Federal Student Debt for Wounded Warriors

President Donald Trump signed a memorandum effectively canceling federal student debt loans for America’s wounded warriors on Wednesday.
“Veterans who have made such enormous sacrifices for our country should not be asked to pay any more, rather it is America who owes our heroes a supreme debt of gratitude,” he said.
The president spoke to the AMVETS Convention in Kentucky on Wednesday, announcing his decision and signing the document.
Trump said the memorandum would effectively cancel the federal student debts of thousands of wounded American veterans.
According to the White House, the memorandum orders Secretaries of Education and Veterans Affairs to expedite totally and permanently that disabled veterans have their Federal student loan debt discharged with minimal burdens.
Trump also touted his administration’s accomplishments for America’s military veterans.
“After years of neglect, we are fixing the heartbreaking failures from the last Administration at the Department of Veterans Affairs,” he said. “America must never abandon our heroes in their hour of need.”
He said that wait times in Veterans Affairs hospitals had been slashed by 33 percent, and touted more VA accountability, allowing bad employees to get fired.
“Now when somebody mistreats you or mistreats people in the VA, we know what happens right?” he asked. “It’s called ‘You’re fired!'”
Veterans in the audience applauded and cheered after Trump said that over 7,600 faulty veterans affairs employees were fired from the system
“They’re gone, they’re fired,” Trump said.
Veterans also cheered Trump’s announcement that he had cut the amount of opioid drugs being prescribed by Veterans Affairs hospitals.
“Get a pain killer that’s not addictive,” Trump said. “And we’re closer than you think.”
Trump also spoke about preventing veteran suicides, suggesting that the government work to obtain a new nasal spray dose of fast-acting anti-depressant medicine to people experiencing suicidal thoughts.
The drug, Spravato, produced by Johnson and Johnson, was recently approved by the federal government.
“They’ve done so well in this country and they’ve made so much money, I think they should give it to us for free,” Trump said, referring to the pharmaceutical company.

Source: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...deral-student-debt-for-wounded-warriors/

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Trump Cancels Federal Student Debt - Disabled vets [Re: Finster] #6599718
08/21/19 06:54 PM
08/21/19 06:54 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Thought military members already got college paid for?

Re: Trump Cancels Federal Student Debt - Disabled vets [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6599722
08/21/19 07:01 PM
08/21/19 07:01 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Thought military members already got college paid for?

You thought wrong. I was standing pumping diesel into my pickup in Fairbanks AK and had a guy come up and start pumping fuel on the other side of the pump. He was crying about the price of fuel and said that the military got all the gas and diesel they wanted free. He was wrong too. I was active duty AF at the time. I guess the coveralls and beaver hat threw him off.

Last edited by MJM; 08/21/19 07:06 PM.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Trump Cancels Federal Student Debt - Disabled vets [Re: Finster] #6599757
08/21/19 07:45 PM
08/21/19 07:45 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Either way I oppose the forced redistribution of wealth no matter how noble the cause appears. I cant applaud this decision unless there is more to it than the story portrays.

Re: Trump Cancels Federal Student Debt - Disabled vets [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6599768
08/21/19 07:53 PM
08/21/19 07:53 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Either way I oppose the forced redistribution of wealth no matter how noble the cause appears. I cant applaud this decision unless there is more to it than the story portrays.

Typical of you and your "Orange man bad" affliction. Well, go to college, rack up a bunch of debt then join the military, deploy to some hole, get your legs or arms blown off and you to can profit from this "redistribution of wealth". Honestly, just when I don't think you could make a dumber comment you impress me. I don't know how people like you sleep at night.

Re: Trump Cancels Federal Student Debt - Disabled vets [Re: Finster] #6599771
08/21/19 07:57 PM
08/21/19 07:57 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Man they are coming out of the woodwork this week! crazy

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Trump Cancels Federal Student Debt - Disabled vets [Re: Finster] #6599774
08/21/19 08:00 PM
08/21/19 08:00 PM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Originally Posted by Finster

Typical of you and your "Orange man bad" affliction. Well, go to college, rack up a bunch of debt then join the military, deploy to some hole, get your legs or arms blown off and you to can profit from this "redistribution of wealth". Honestly, just when I don't think you could make a dumber comment you impress me. I don't know how people like you sleep at night.

I think he just likes the attention he gets when he talks stupid.

Re: Trump Cancels Federal Student Debt - Disabled vets [Re: Finster] #6599776
08/21/19 08:03 PM
08/21/19 08:03 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Hot diggity, as far as I'm concerned we can't do enough for our Veterans. Great job Mr. President, keep moving forward!

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Trump Cancels Federal Student Debt - Disabled vets [Re: Finster] #6599778
08/21/19 08:05 PM
08/21/19 08:05 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Online content
"American Honey"
Sharon  Online Content
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
grin Yes sir, Mr Paul.....

Veterans deserve everything good. The best of encouragement and support .

Re: Trump Cancels Federal Student Debt - Disabled vets [Re: Finster] #6599785
08/21/19 08:08 PM
08/21/19 08:08 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN

I will criticize when something is worth criticizing and praise when something is worth praise. What about a cop or firefighter who is disabled and has college debt? What about a road worker? This is putting a band aid on much larger problem and that is federal guaranteed student loans which are inexcusable in bankruptcy. Dont get me wrong, a wounded/disabled vet has my sympathy, I will do what I personally can to help them but that does not negate the fact this is just something that sounds good but is actually throwing a bandaid on a more serious widespread problem.

Re: Trump Cancels Federal Student Debt - Disabled vets [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6599789
08/21/19 08:17 PM
08/21/19 08:17 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

I will criticize when something is worth criticizing and praise when something is worth praise. What about a cop or firefighter who is disabled and has college debt? What about a road worker? This is putting a band aid on much larger problem and that is federal guaranteed student loans which are inexcusable in bankruptcy. Dont get me wrong, a wounded/disabled vet has my sympathy, I will do what I personally can to help them but that does not negate the fact this is just something that sounds good but is actually throwing a bandaid on a more serious widespread problem.

Well, a cop, a firefighter, a road worker or any other job that your mind can think of didn't deploy to a foreign land to fight people that would love to see America fall, they didn't fight for the very rights you are using to type your diatribe. They didn't join willingly to go to battle against people that would love to see us all dead. Nope, but heroes in the military did. They defend our country and by default your family. Often, they paid the ultimate price or at the very least had their lives changed forever. You embarrass yourself..... keep talking.

Re: Trump Cancels Federal Student Debt - Disabled vets [Re: Finster] #6599792
08/21/19 08:20 PM
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Well said Mr. Finster. On that I'll close this before someone decides to try and tarnish the good deed.

Re: Trump Cancels Federal Student Debt - Disabled vets [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6599793
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH

I think you are incorporating three separate issue's into one. 1st, cops and firefighters are not on the same plane as Veterans, this is a huge problem brought to you by law enforcement because they want the same recognition. 2nd, the student loan crisis is ridiculous and should never have happened, brought to you from our Government through subsidies and a nibby greedy nose. 3rd'ly, and most importantly, OUR Vets, who have gave themselves to our country. OUR vets who protect us and keep us free and safe, should without fail, be completely taken care of. Those that don't get that is brought to you by people like you. You should be ecstatic.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread