No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6600900
08/23/19 12:38 AM
08/23/19 12:38 AM
West coast of Iowa
I
iaduckhntr Offline
trapper
iaduckhntr  Offline
trapper
I

West coast of Iowa
Speak softly and carry a big stick. by T.R. if I remember right
Dennis

Old 8 toes~~ life ITA and NRA member
Life in the fast lane is no place for a tricycle!
Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6601168
08/23/19 12:22 PM
08/23/19 12:22 PM
Pillager, Minnesota
P
patfundine Offline
trapper
patfundine  Offline
trapper
P

Pillager, Minnesota
Originally Posted by adam m
Originally Posted by patfundine
You need to learn to be more friendly with your neighbors. I smile and wave at my neighbors in the daylight., not so much at night.......

First moved in 8 years ago (renting) we were friendly with him just like all our neighbors. Few months later I'm unloading firewood he flips out saying I better not destroy the wall or backyard shares. I wouldn't think about it and IF a wood made a hole i would fix it because I take care of my stuff. Few months later we noticed He becomes more distant stops waving. Could it be that we became good friends with the deputy that lived 1 house south of me 2 houses south of him? Possibly, he HATES police. He flips out at anyone for nonissue things. Once he found we bought the house he really started with anger towards us. He calls the city for anything, our weeds (xerocaped yard = no weeds) he calls the city on our dog (hardly barks, if she does it's 1 minute at the most). He's told a neighbor down the way he's going to kill me. There's been several police reports made against him. He'll spend minutes on end staring at me at a time and everytime he sees me. Funny thing is I get along great with his friend.

I gave up on the cops when it comes to my "meth dealer" across the street.. He thinks I'm friendly......

Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6601186
08/23/19 12:51 PM
08/23/19 12:51 PM
Idaho
S
stillhunt Offline
trapper
stillhunt  Offline
trapper
S

Idaho
It doesn't have much to do with city or country living, we've had great neighbors and terrible neighbors both in tight subdivisions and out in the country. In fact three of the worst we've had were "country" folk. One couple we lived near about 8 years ago would fight and scream and curse almost daily in their front yard, with little kids at the time my wife asked them to tone it down for the kids sake to which they told her to go !%#% herself, he was hauled off by the Sheriff multiple times (including one time when I watched armed SWAT walking down the street in front of our house on their way to get him (we lived in an area with 5-20 acre small ranch settings). About 15 years ago we had a few acres way way out in the country, the farmer down the road would routinely drive around and flip off all the neighbors as he drove by for no apparent reason (and not in a joking/friendly manner). Our current property is semi-rural in an area with 5-10 acre timbered lots. On two sides we have great neighbors. On the other we had an alcoholic living in an RV who would rant about anything and everything despite our efforts to try to be kind, he seemed to want to control everyone around him and was clearly mad at the whole world. I had to get in his face pretty forcefully to get him out of our business and finally we had to pursue a complaint with the county which ended up kicking him out due to a pile of code violations. People are people, some want to play nice with others and some just want to be jerks... doesn't matter where you live. Be kind, be graceful when people have a bad day, but stand up for yourself when needed, most jerks continue to be jerks because they think they can get away with it. Unfortunately it's hard to know personalities until you live in a spot for a few months, or it'd be nice just to avoid them from the start.

Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6601286
08/23/19 03:26 PM
08/23/19 03:26 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Originally Posted by adam m
BigBob, maybe he is. IMO pedophiles should get at the very least get 50 years w/o possibility of early release.

Gray dog, there is ZERO reasoning with him. In the past both PD and sheriff's have said there's no reasoning or talking with the guy. I ignored him after a couple of minutes but I sure was not about to give him the idea I'm scared of him and his little rebar.

PETA phile not peda, an anti hunting/trapping libtard snowflake.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Glad I am moving [Re: adam m] #6601691
08/23/19 10:34 PM
08/23/19 10:34 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
Oh I missed that BigBob lol

Kyron, never seen it but I hope not to experience it in the next few days.

Pat that's wild. I don't blame you.

Stillhunt, those are great words. Wild neighbors are never fun. I've had obnoxious before but this guy is something else

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread