No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: Finster] #6602054
08/24/19 01:46 PM
08/24/19 01:46 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
If a church wants to marry them, they should be allowed, but no church should have to allow it. And nobody should have to bake a gay couple a wedding cake if they don't want to-for any reason.

Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: Finster] #6602065
08/24/19 01:53 PM
08/24/19 01:53 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
They can exist as far as i'm concerned Zoozoo, just so they stay away from me.

Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: Finster] #6602086
08/24/19 02:17 PM
08/24/19 02:17 PM
Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
T
turkn8rtrapper Online content
trapper
turkn8rtrapper  Online Content
trapper
T

Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
I think we/they are missing the point. I have no problem with anyone's views on gender identification/confusion or homosexuality. I have to answer for myself in the end. As some have stated love the sinner not the sin. Some have more conservative views some more liberal. Is either right or wrong ? I don't know. As far as this issue for young people and adults I think it is a society issue. They are more confused than anything with all that goes on around them and what they are exposed to growing up.The family unit is going away as with strong men and women. Good role models used to be everywhere in all walks of life but we are becoming more and more a me society even when it comes to our responsibilities as parents. When I say we I am not speaking of this group as we seem to be rooted in more conservative old school values. I believe that the confusion comes from the believed definitions being used. In other words if johnny likes to design clothing or hair styling or any non traditional male role he thinks there must be something wrong with his gender identification instead of being a guy who like girls but is interested of non typical male activity. Same with Susie. If she wants to box or rough it up on the football field and hates traditional female roles the must be something wrong with her gender identification. If they have gay friends or a strange attraction to someone of the same sex then something is wrong with them. Not nesseccarilly. If they don't act on it then they are just learning. Society needs to get back to being part of their children's lives guiding them and creating an environment where they can come to the parents for guidance in such issues instead of turning to their peers who are also confused. JMO

"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens"
Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: bowhunter27295] #6602129
08/24/19 03:37 PM
08/24/19 03:37 PM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
I didn't say anyone -had- to accept them, I just feel that everyone should possess the same rights. How can we be a country of equals if we are not truly equal?

turkn, One can perform & find joy in non-traditional gendered actions without being confused about their own gender, though I suppose that is what you meant. I highly doubt their peers would immediately assume & push their assumption that they had a gender ID issue. I think because gender ID is such a personal, internalized issue it would be easy for folks to misunderstand & possibly fear, since they are outside of it & cannot relate. (IF that is the actuality of the situation, anyway) In any case, they would be learning whether they acted on it or not, is my belief... Life is about exploring, learning, & growing.. regardless of whether that is in nature, art, culture, religion, etc, or oneself. There's nothing wrong with experimenting with one's presentation! It's just another way to be able to laugh at & have fun with our creative selves
-

Perhaps there is no right or wrong in how any of us live our lives... Everyone has a different perspective on everyone else's life or lifestyle. Ironically, I know a couple of folks who disprove of this group's lifestyle.. doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong. The Bible says this, the Quran that, the Tanakh another thing, and the Tipitaka something else... everyone gets different answers to their questions. Some folks don't need a religious text to guide them and that isn't necessarily right or wrong either.
I am speaking from a non-religious viewpoint, but I do understand why those of you who are guided by religion would feel differently.

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295

Wonder why LGBTQABCDEFG's won't sue to be married in a mosque?

Perhaps, like most Americans, most of them (who are religious) are Christian? That's just a guess

When homosexuals do not honor a person's religious belief and PURPOSELY target them for a law suit because they will not make them a cake, they bring a lot of heat on themselves.

I never understood why they pushed that... There are too many willing bakeries out there to legitimately cause them to put so much effort into one store that didn't want their business in the first place. Being hateful is a different story, of course. I didn't see anything wrong with the bakery choosing not to "take the cake" so to speak :P

Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: zoozoo400] #6602141
08/24/19 03:52 PM
08/24/19 03:52 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by zoozoo400
Originally Posted by gryhkl
I have no problem with adults doing what they want to themselves-ain't none of my business. But they need to shut up about it and stop all the attention seeking behavior.
The marriage thing should be between the couple and the church. Why would anyone want the blessing from an organization that believes their union to be immoral?
A civil union license should be all they should expect from the government.

Would a civil union provide the same rights/protections as a marriage license? Religion is a personal choice, and though some believe being homo is as well, people should be able to receive the same rights as those who are not like them regardless of their religious choices (or orientation, gender ID, etc etc etc). I imagine most people want to get married in a church/mosque/synagogue/etc. because it's traditional. I'm not into all that, but people like what people like & I'm not gonna argue if they want to be married in the religious building of their choice. Mostly because it's not my business.

I'm not a fan of attention-seekers either... gay, straight, & all others. I'm not sure which attention-seeking behavior you're referencing... but if it is what I assume it to be... the behavior is more than likely not for your attention.

It is cool that some churches are alright with marrying gay couples, but it also depends on where you're located... I agree with you that it doesn't make sense for someone to -want- to be married by a church/org that believes their marriage to be immoral, but sometimes the best option isn't in their area. Also there are plenty of seriously religious gays out there whose dream is to be married in their church. I would bet that those who like their church are likely to be able to get married in it simply because that church is more accepting of them, or they preach a lot of love. Which makes more sense than asking a church known for preaching against gayness to marry you & your partner. (Kinda like asking the homophobic baker to make a gay cake LOL.. like?? why do that if you have more options??)

Originally Posted by KeithC
I think about religion a lot. I pray every day. I think the most important thing is to treat other people decently. You should not help them to become non self reliant. I think the best thing you can do for someone is to help them achieve their full positive potential.

Keith

I agree with ya. Treat people as your brother, sister, or yourself, and you will feel much better in the long run. People are already sh*tty enough, why be one of 'em? Helping folks find the info they need to better themselves is one of the most rewarding things I've done. If they actually go forth and use it, anyway.

Originally Posted by warrior
Because the left of whatever sexual perversion will not be satisfied until every scintilla of what they don't agree with is utterly and completely destroyed.
It has never been about equality or respect but total war against 2000 years of judeo-christian principles.

This is also why we on the right are losing and will in all likelihood ultimately fail. We lack the same motivation to destroy that which hates us. We have ingrained within our DNA the respect for differing opinions and beliefs and hold dear to the ideal of free debate and a democratically elected republic preserving the rights and liberty of all.
The left is using our tolerance and electoral system against us.
I am of the opinion the day will come, sooner rather than later, that we on the right will have to set aside some things in order to win back our lives or die trying.

That is just absurd.. go talk to some folks & you might believe differently. I can assure you that nobody is trying to destroy your religious principles.. especially since they vary from family to family & individual to individual (whereas these principles hardly differ between religions). There are certainly disrespectful folks on both sides... but there are also respectful folks on both sides who are willing to debate.

Did I say my religious beliefs? I'm not fearful of losing that. It may one day be a crime but I will never renounce Jesus, Son of God or His Death, Burial and Resurrection.

No, I said the judeo-christian principles that allowed the greatest liberty mankind has ever enjoyed.

[Linked Image]
Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: warrior] #6602142
08/24/19 03:56 PM
08/24/19 03:56 PM
Middle Georgia
zoozoo400 Offline
trapper
zoozoo400  Offline
trapper

Middle Georgia
Did I say my religious beliefs? I'm not fearful of losing that. It may one day be a crime but I will never renounce Jesus, Son of God or His Death, Burial and Resurrection.

No, I said the judeo-christian principles that allowed the greatest liberty mankind has ever enjoyed.

Why do you believe it could someday be a crime to be on team Jesus?

Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: Finster] #6602144
08/24/19 04:02 PM
08/24/19 04:02 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
May be, not will be.

Did you know, the Eastern Orthodox Church was never illegal in the Soviet Union? Yet thousands of Christians went to the gulags.

[Linked Image]
Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: zoozoo400] #6602146
08/24/19 04:08 PM
08/24/19 04:08 PM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County

Why do you believe it could someday be a crime to be on team Jesus?

Because the liberals are pushing the concept, and Jesus himself, said we would be prosecuted because of following him. It's in The Bible.

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: Finster] #6602148
08/24/19 04:11 PM
08/24/19 04:11 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
You know kind of like 2A, they really won't take your hunting guns.

[Linked Image]
Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: Finster] #6602149
08/24/19 04:13 PM
08/24/19 04:13 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Did you also know that the Soviet Union (and Cuba, Venezuela and many others) held "free" elections to "elect" their leaders?

[Linked Image]
Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: Finster] #6602152
08/24/19 04:15 PM
08/24/19 04:15 PM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
If someone cannot accept their own 'gender identity', what right do they have to expect anyone else to accept them as sane individuals?

Charlie

Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: zoozoo400] #6602153
08/24/19 04:16 PM
08/24/19 04:16 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
I didn't say anyone -had- to accept them, I just feel that everyone should possess the same rights. How can we be a country of equals if we are not truly equal?

turkn, One can perform & find joy in non-traditional gendered actions without being confused about their own gender, though I suppose that is what you meant. I highly doubt their peers would immediately assume & push their assumption that they had a gender ID issue. I think because gender ID is such a personal, internalized issue it would be easy for folks to misunderstand & possibly fear, since they are outside of it & cannot relate. (IF that is the actuality of the situation, anyway) In any case, they would be learning whether they acted on it or not, is my belief... Life is about exploring, learning, & growing.. regardless of whether that is in nature, art, culture, religion, etc, or oneself. There's nothing wrong with experimenting with one's presentation! It's just another way to be able to laugh at & have fun with our creative selves
-

Perhaps there is no right or wrong in how any of us live our lives... Everyone has a different perspective on everyone else's life or lifestyle. Ironically, I know a couple of folks who disprove of this group's lifestyle.. doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong. The Bible says this, the Quran that, the Tanakh another thing, and the Tipitaka something else... everyone gets different answers to their questions. Some folks don't need a religious text to guide them and that isn't necessarily right or wrong either.
I am speaking from a non-religious viewpoint, but I do understand why those of you who are guided by religion would feel differently.

Wonder why LGBTQABCDEFG's won't sue to be married in a mosque?

Perhaps, like most Americans, most of them (who are religious) are Christian? That's just a guess

When homosexuals do not honor a person's religious belief and PURPOSELY target them for a law suit because they will not make them a cake, they bring a lot of heat on themselves.

I never understood why they pushed that... There are too many willing bakeries out there to legitimately cause them to put so much effort into one store that didn't want their business in the first place. Being hateful is a different story, of course. I didn't see anything wrong with the bakery choosing not to "take the cake" so to speak :P

Is anyone else as confused as I about what this person tried to say or not say?

[Linked Image]
Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: Finster] #6602162
08/24/19 04:28 PM
08/24/19 04:28 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Let's get this thread back on track. It's not about religion or how one prefers to get their ashes hauled.

The original premise was that studies are now showing that individuals professing to be something other than what they biologically are exhibit high rates of mental illness.

Something that many of us can say, No crap, Sherlock or That's what we've been trying to tell you!

We also went further to extrapolate everything that encourages such behaviors as in the liberal left is mentally defective.

Yet, the turn by those who defend such maladies is to go after the right on religious grounds.

Who's the aggressor here?

[Linked Image]
Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: Finster] #6602163
08/24/19 04:31 PM
08/24/19 04:31 PM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
Warrior, I could be mistaken, but I think there may just be a little 'gender identity' issue going on with the person you inquired about.

Charlie

Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: Finster] #6602170
08/24/19 04:37 PM
08/24/19 04:37 PM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
If not religious, the only other way to find the "truth" is by the laws of nature? Since we are supposed to be outdoosmen and women on this site, it should be easy for us to provide examples of said behavior which we have witnessed in the natural world....I got nothin'.
Now from a religious perspective I believe we were all given free will, so our choice is ultimately our own.

James 1: 19-20
Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: chas3457] #6602182
08/24/19 04:54 PM
08/24/19 04:54 PM
Northern Virginia
J
Jarhead620 Offline
trapper
Jarhead620  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Virginia
[quote=chas3457]Warrior, I could be mistaken, but I think there may just be a little 'gender identity' issue going on with the person you inquired about.

Charlie[/quote

That's a bit presumptuous of you Charlie since you don't know what that person's actual gender is.

Jarhead

Last edited by Jarhead620; 08/24/19 05:01 PM.

"Just as the deer herd lives in mortal fear of its wolves, so does a mountain live in mortal fear of its deer." Aldo Leopold
Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: Jarhead620] #6602187
08/24/19 05:11 PM
08/24/19 05:11 PM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
Originally Posted by Jarhead620
[quote=chas3457]Warrior, I could be mistaken, but I think there may just be a little 'gender identity' issue going on with the person you inquired about.

Charlie[/quote

That's a bit presumptuous of you Charlie since you don't know what that person's actual gender is.

Jarhead

Not sure "that person" knows either.

Charlie

Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: KeithC] #6602209
08/24/19 06:03 PM
08/24/19 06:03 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by KeithC
I'm not sure what morality has to do with gender identity

Gender identity is lumped with homosexuality by most people. Most Trapperman members are Christians. They mostly ignore that Jesus never mentioned hatred and punishment of homosexuals and go back to Leviticus, in the Old Testament, to find their anti homosexual stance propped up, while ignoring most of the rest of the Old Testament in favor of the New Testament.

I believe Paul was the only person in the New Testament to mention homosexuality and he basically restated Leviticus. Paul never met Jesus, except in a vision and they did not have a long conversation.

I would guess that Jesus would be okay with homosexuals, except for the ones that constantly seek attention, who want special rights and who harass others. I think that most homosexuals are homosexual because of their hormone development. All the lesbians I have met had longer ring fingers than index fingers, which is a secondary male sex characteristic and the few gay men I have talked to had longer index fingers, like most women do.

Keith

Sorry it took so long, I had some company. I gave my word that I would reply Keith and I am. Albeit not the long version because quite frankly I had a hard day lol and I realize you don't give credence to the man who wrote maybe 2/3 of the New Testament. He was chosen by Christ. I will say that Paul does mention Homosexuality several times but if you and others don't believe that he was chosen and wrote with the Holy Spirit, then my words have no meaning and are useless and there is no need to point out scripture. Jude also points to Sodom and Gomoarrah. I truly will never find a better map, layed out with pin points to point to the fact that homosexuality is a sin, according to if you believe in the Bible and have accepted Christ as your Savior. With that said, none calling themselves Christians can hate the sinner. You hate the sin, but love the sinner. That's my take on it. And yes, that truly is my short version lol.....

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: Finster] #6602368
08/24/19 09:13 PM
08/24/19 09:13 PM
upstate NY
M
Mr. Ed Offline
trapper
Mr. Ed  Offline
trapper
M

upstate NY
It is simple. If you stand when you pee you are a boy and if you sit when you pee you are a girl. The only exception to this rule is a boy can sit when he pees if he is hung over from the night before and has not sobered up yet.

Re: College students- Gender issues-Mental problems [Re: Finster] #6602397
08/24/19 09:46 PM
08/24/19 09:46 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Born with a pecker: male
Born with a vag : female.
Nuff said!!

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread