ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Crappy topic? #6603102
08/25/19 08:41 PM
08/25/19 08:41 PM
Chauncey, Ohio
W
wormbobskey Offline OP
trapper
wormbobskey  Offline OP
trapper
W

Chauncey, Ohio
Has anyone every thought to maybe having a sticky to show scat ID photos? I'm doing a job where all signs point to coon, but the scat actually looks more like a small dogs. This is in town and the customer has no pets. I did find a coon track up on the drywall in the ceiling/floor joists. Where it appears the coon might have went behind a sub wall. At one time there was a drop ceiling, but there isn't anymore. This apartment is in a basement.
Just thinking out loud, sort of.

OSTA
Lanums ADC & Repair
We don't do bugs
Re: Crappy topic? [Re: wormbobskey] #6613272
09/10/19 03:57 AM
09/10/19 03:57 AM
Europe
P
Pest's Dad Offline
trapper
Pest's Dad  Offline
trapper
P

Europe
wormbobskey ~ and everyone else ~ forgive me for butting in here. But, yeah! I'd think such a 'Sticky' like a 'Scat / Crap Cat' would be a great aid, for anyone trying to get to grips with the various jobs we come across.

Regards the odd job mentioned? Might it not be a result of 'coons snacking on commercial kibble, left out ?

Re: Crappy topic? [Re: wormbobskey] #6613568
09/10/19 02:33 PM
09/10/19 02:33 PM
Chauncey, Ohio
W
wormbobskey Offline OP
trapper
wormbobskey  Offline OP
trapper
W

Chauncey, Ohio
Pest's Dad, it may be coon scat from a cat food based diet. I did however catch an adult skunk at one of the dug out entrances. I had baited coon cages in the house for over a week and didn't get so much as a nibble. The house had been empty until the college kids returned for break. Although I did find a coon print on the wall, I think the coon had moved out once the college kids returned. The resident hasn't had anymore problems so I think it may have been skunk scat.

OSTA
Lanums ADC & Repair
We don't do bugs
Re: Crappy topic? [Re: wormbobskey] #6613573
09/10/19 02:43 PM
09/10/19 02:43 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
It is the best of both worlds. You have a cub that has shuffled off or the mother was killed, and it is eating pet food, and taking up any available housing. It left when the two legged noise makers scared it off. The skunk was the original occupant or the kids were.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread