No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
china riots #6603201
08/25/19 11:55 PM
08/25/19 11:55 PM
Illinois
foxkidd44 Offline OP
trapper
foxkidd44  Offline OP
trapper

Illinois
from what I understand, the riots have increased,,,,,,,i wonder how long it'll be until they crack down

Stand by your principles, Stand by your guns, and victory complete and permanent is sure at last.
Abraham Lincoln
Re: china riots [Re: foxkidd44] #6603203
08/26/19 12:10 AM
08/26/19 12:10 AM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Bet it won't be long as they have no patience for rebellion.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: china riots [Re: foxkidd44] #6603209
08/26/19 12:40 AM
08/26/19 12:40 AM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
Communism isn’t the same as it used to be. Everything’s getting soft these days.

Cold as ice!
Re: china riots [Re: foxkidd44] #6603212
08/26/19 01:05 AM
08/26/19 01:05 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
The only chance for freedom the Hong Kongers have is to manipulate the other world powers enough to support them, so that China fears major economic blowback from cracking down on the protesters. This is why we see Hong Kong protesters carrying American flags and singing the American National Anthem. If I was in the leadership of the protesters, I would have protesters playing for the sympathies of all the other world powers. I would do what ever it takes to get the foreign media coverage of my people supporting their countries. I would have my best and brightest minds flooding social media with images and words designed to garner foreign support.

I think it's very unlikely that any world power will give the protesters any military support.

If I was the Chinese government, I would of come down like the very hammer of God at the start of the protest to prevent it from gathering momentum.

Now that the protest is massively established, the Chinese government has little choice, but to allow the protest to go on and hope the protesters and foreign media lose interest.

If I was in the leadership in China, at this point, I would have people doing their best to keep the protesters from using social media to influence foreign populations. I would have people using social media to show the property damage and the disruption to the lives of the average Hong Kong resident, that the protesters were causing. I would promote or create other news stories to soak up the attention of the other world power's people. I would meet with the other world powers' leadership and do what it takes to gain their support.

China can not afford to let people in their mainland to be encouraged by the protest to start their own.

Keith

Re: china riots [Re: foxkidd44] #6603235
08/26/19 06:21 AM
08/26/19 06:21 AM
Western Wisconsin
T
TraderVic Offline
trapper
TraderVic  Offline
trapper
T

Western Wisconsin
Was in Hong Kong twice back when it was a British Free Port. HK (and Kowloon) is a huge international trading center. I'm guessing if the Chinese gov't comes down very hard, that port city would lose a lot of trade business over time. We'll certainly see soon enough.

Re: china riots [Re: foxkidd44] #6603420
08/26/19 12:38 PM
08/26/19 12:38 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
Originally Posted by foxkidd44
from what I understand, the riots have increased,,,,,,,i wonder how long it'll be until they crack down

The crack down will commence right after the Chi-Coms suspend all of Hong Kong's Citizen's rights

and confiscate all of their firearms they use to protect themselves...........Oh Wait.......never mind !! frown

w

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread