No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman's ear #6602721
08/25/19 10:43 AM
08/25/19 10:43 AM
NC
R
Ray B Offline OP
trapper
Ray B  Offline OP
trapper
R

NC
Doctors find brown recluse spider in Missouri woman's ear

https://fox17.com/news/offbeat/doctors-find-brown-recluse-spider-in-missouri-womans-ear-08-23-2019

TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) — Doctors in Missouri found a brown recluse spider in a woman's ear after she went to the medical clinic complaining about the sound of water in her ear.

'I was grossed out': Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman's ear

Susie Torres was first assessed by a medical assistant who believed some kind of insect was in her ear.

The medical staff used several tools to extract the spider from her ear and informed her it was a venomous brown recluse.

"Just why, where, what and how? I never thought that they would crawl in your ear or any part of your body," said Torres.

Torres described the sound the bug made as a swooshing almost like when water is stuck in your ear.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "brown recluse spiders are usually found in workplaces with secluded, dry, sheltered areas such as underneath structures logs, or in piles of rocks or leaves."

Brown recluse bites can be painful and do require medical attention if bitten. Symptoms can include chills, fever, and nausea.

" A small white blister usually develops at the site of the bite. The venom of a brown recluse can cause a severe lesion by destroying skin tissue (skin necrosis)," the CDC states on their website.

Torres said she was still in disbelief about the situation but feels very lucky she was not bitten by the spider.

"Never thought that they would crawl in your ear or any part of your body," said Susie Torres. " I was lucky that I didn't get bitten by this recluse."

Torres says she'll be sleeping with cotton balls in her ears from now on.

Re: Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman's ear [Re: Ray B] #6603189
08/25/19 11:20 PM
08/25/19 11:20 PM
OBX N.C.
Leary Sink Offline
trapper
Leary Sink  Offline
trapper

OBX N.C.
Who in the wide wide world of sports could ever go to sleep again after finding that in your ear.
I’d have the cotton balls soaked in permethrin and all the sheets and carpets soaked in it till it squished when you walked. On second thought the house would be soaked in gasoline, I could get me another one built!

Re: Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman's ear [Re: Ray B] #6603198
08/25/19 11:47 PM
08/25/19 11:47 PM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
Cotton balls in her ears... so the next one will just crawl up her nose.

Real name Eric
The sharpest hammer in the box of crayons.

Re: Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman's ear [Re: Ray B] #6603307
08/26/19 09:03 AM
08/26/19 09:03 AM
Shenandoah County, VA
L
l1ranger Offline
trapper
l1ranger  Offline
trapper
L

Shenandoah County, VA
pretty sure I'll never sleep again after reading that

Josh
Re: Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman's ear [Re: l1ranger] #6603429
08/26/19 01:15 PM
08/26/19 01:15 PM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline
trapper
swift4me  Offline
trapper
S

American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
I lived around them in California for years. They caught your eye when you saw one... or a widow.

We don't have many toxic spiders here but 5 or 6 years ago my dog got bitten on her dog bed and I won't describe the fluids that came out of the abscess.

I hate spiders much more than snakes. No problem with rats of any size.

Pete

Re: Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman's ear [Re: swift4me] #6603479
08/26/19 03:13 PM
08/26/19 03:13 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
Originally Posted by swift4me
I lived around them in California for years. They caught your eye when you saw one... or a widow.

We don't have many toxic spiders here but 5 or 6 years ago my dog got bitten on her dog bed and I won't describe the fluids that came out of the abscess.

I hate spiders much more than snakes. No problem with rats of any size.

Pete

Amen to that,I saw my first Black Widow while working in the Badlands of South Dakota,along with huge Wolf spiders,under my shoe is where they belong.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman's ear [Re: Ray B] #6603526
08/26/19 05:11 PM
08/26/19 05:11 PM
nunya,ks
T
tbn Offline
trapper
tbn  Offline
trapper
T

nunya,ks
You woudn't believe the crap my wife has cleaned out of people's ears. Still don't know how you get a (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) roach in your ear and go to doc and say you have been having a hard time hearing,lol. Jeez.

Re: Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman's ear [Re: Ray B] #6603703
08/26/19 08:30 PM
08/26/19 08:30 PM
NC
R
Ray B Offline OP
trapper
Ray B  Offline OP
trapper
R

NC
This guy untangles a wolf spider. If you like machinist content, Joe has a lot of it.

https://youtu.be/z2wY_NKNFqM

Re: Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman's ear [Re: Ray B] #6603720
08/26/19 08:42 PM
08/26/19 08:42 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Black widows are abundant here. I've gotten used to using a propane torch to kill spiders and their web. Years ago working as a janitor I learned the hard way squishing them might create a bigger problem. I squished a big brown spider next thing I knew it's babies were going all over. It looked like the carpet was moving. I couldn't vacuum them up fast enough

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread