No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Made from plants [Re: lumberjack391] #6609210
09/03/19 10:28 PM
09/03/19 10:28 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
As a devout vegetable rights activist, I object to the killing of any vegetables. They are alive! Maybe a little slow, but it would be just as wrong to pick on them as it would be to pick on the slow kid who lives down the street.

Re: Made from plants [Re: 52Carl] #6609269
09/03/19 11:53 PM
09/03/19 11:53 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
It would make perfect sense that a human vegetarian may have more gas. As that is the huge knock against bovines as their forage diets create so much methane and not from the manure or the gas it is the methane released while chewing all the cuds that contributes the most. I am not saying that I don't want cattle just saying that a high fiber, plant based diet in single or multiple gut animals will create more total manure due to lower complete digestion then grains and protein oil seeds and also more gas.

Bryce

Re: Made from plants [Re: bblwi] #6609286
09/04/19 01:16 AM
09/04/19 01:16 AM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
Originally Posted by bblwi
No they are not but why is there not more research nation and worldwide regarding how best to feed 7-10 billion people. Trapperman is not a major segment of the world's population and there is something causing advanced research to not be funded to advance many different theories and as much new research may well spell issues for current large commodity firms they fund the research that they for the most part will find beneficial for their interests. Much research is highly dependent upon major funding from private sector firms and we have seen a significant decline in public funding of research over the last decades in real dollars.

Just from the UW Extension research we find that modern day crops like corn use about 1/4 of the water to produce a lbs. of usable food or feed when compared to native weeds, but we continue to under fund not only the research but the staff to collect the data and then get it published and distributed to the sources that can reach more people.
Bryce

BOOM... That first line really sums it all up.............. 7 - 10 billion people, that in itself is nuts............

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Made from plants [Re: Big George W] #6609358
09/04/19 07:46 AM
09/04/19 07:46 AM
East Pensyltucky
Beaglador Offline
trapper
Beaglador  Offline
trapper

East Pensyltucky
Originally Posted by Big George W
Originally Posted by bblwi
No they are not but why is there not more research nation and worldwide regarding how best to feed 7-10 billion people. Trapperman is not a major segment of the world's population and there is something causing advanced research to not be funded to advance many different theories and as much new research may well spell issues for current large commodity firms they fund the research that they for the most part will find beneficial for their interests. Much research is highly dependent upon major funding from private sector firms and we have seen a significant decline in public funding of research over the last decades in real dollars.

Just from the UW Extension research we find that modern day crops like corn use about 1/4 of the water to produce a lbs. of usable food or feed when compared to native weeds, but we continue to under fund not only the research but the staff to collect the data and then get it published and distributed to the sources that can reach more people.
Bryce

BOOM... That first line really sums it all up.............. 7 - 10 billion people, that in itself is nuts............

There is a lot to what Bryce is spewing there- good solid info. Todays science requires funding. Who wants to fund science? Only those who intend to benefit from the results (are ya with me?). So much of the current research is essentially funded by those profiting from the results and if I need to get more specific than that we should just talk about coon put ups instead...

Good food for thought!

Re: Made from plants [Re: lumberjack391] #6609429
09/04/19 09:55 AM
09/04/19 09:55 AM
Ohio
OhioBoy Offline
trapper
OhioBoy  Offline
trapper

Ohio
I thought we were talking about Whoppers.

Re: Made from plants [Re: lumberjack391] #6609469
09/04/19 11:15 AM
09/04/19 11:15 AM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
There is a lot to what Bryce is spewing there- good solid info. Todays science requires funding. Who wants to fund science? Only those who intend to benefit from the results (are ya with me?). So much of the current research is essentially funded by those profiting from the results and if I need to get more specific than that we should just talk about coon put ups instead...

Good food for thought!

[/quote]

Not necessarially... I think there are some studies where the end result is effects on human beings, but yes... many are for the sake of pushing an agenda to make more $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm going to come out and say this against my better judgement - but my diet is primarially fish and vegetable, because I get violently sick from meat, possibly due to a very long list of allergies which I have including to many antibotics.

This has been a problem since I was very young, and is not going away [*according to blood work to determine my allergies] so I am on a restriced diet out of necessity.

But now that I live away from the Big Apple to where it is possible to buy local meats and poultry from local farms, I'd love to do so because I believe it's all the crap the factory farms put into their animals that is making me sick.

Yet, when I had a local chicken, boom.... I was sick again for like 4 days, and that did not make me happy one bit - because I believe I need a more balanced diet including poultry and beef, but my insides have other ideas frown

When I just aced my last physical - blood work and all - despite being about 50 - 60 lbs overweight, my co-workers were in complete disbelief.
Some were quite angry, especially the skinny ones who are sick more often than not.

They could not understand how coming up on age 55, I have nothing wrong with me - besides my weight, which may or may not have to do with my love for Guinness Stout on Saturday evenings and occasional craft beer during holidays.

But I do believe that the people who's job it is to feed the majority of the world could care less how it is done and who gets sick and who does not.
All they care about is the money.

Bryce mentions the population explosion - in fact, Bryce is the only person I have seen here even dare touch this topic.

But as we all know, when fur bearing populations become unsustainable, it's not long before they become eradicated due to sickness and starvation.

!0 billion people ??
Where the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) are they going to live ??

How are they going to live ??

This new push for 100% manufactured food - from no natural sources whatsoever - purely 100% man made food - that's certainly not the answer !!

Bryce is a good guy.

*By the way, I believe the burger you are talking about here is called The Impossible Burger, and a friend from NYC described it as eating cardboard.
He also questioned the health benefits as well, and feels it's a marketing ploy because it is so processed.

Last edited by Big George W; 09/04/19 11:51 AM. Reason: obvious spelling errors - again !!

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Made from plants [Re: lumberjack391] #6609558
09/04/19 02:31 PM
09/04/19 02:31 PM
East Pensyltucky
Beaglador Offline
trapper
Beaglador  Offline
trapper

East Pensyltucky
Hey Big G- I agree! What I am saying is those end effects on humans, of paid for by profiteers science experiments has become largely negative. I won't hold the connecticunt thing against ya either. Plenty of populations of long living healthy humans around the world subsist primarily on grains and legumes. The processed food thing goes without saying- I understand why people like/ eat it- but that's not food and you should know that by now. I don't want to touch the population explosion thing- more focused on plant based/ nutrition/ science/ experience.

Gosh since you are putting it out there I feel like I should too- but telling you what my diet is and what the results are would be akin to me coming out in the open- telling you I'm doing acid, crack, smack, coke, and smoking dope then.

Whole Foods plant based- WFPB

I haven't had a Guinness for a long time- but next time I pass through Ct- I'll stop and grab one with ya!

Re: Made from plants [Re: lumberjack391] #6610548
09/06/19 12:34 AM
09/06/19 12:34 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
[Linked Image]

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Made from plants [Re: 330-Trapper] #6610552
09/06/19 01:08 AM
09/06/19 01:08 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
[Linked Image]

Exactly!

Keith

Re: Made from plants [Re: lumberjack391] #6610587
09/06/19 06:47 AM
09/06/19 06:47 AM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
With CA outlawing trapping. How long till the rabies epidemic? Plague? San Fran homeless will have more critters to keep them warm!

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: Made from plants [Re: lumberjack391] #6610643
09/06/19 08:40 AM
09/06/19 08:40 AM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
Based upon my last visit to Burger King: Even a short fad will outlive the chain.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread