No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Walmart to stop selling AR, AK ammo and handguns #6609042
09/03/19 07:53 PM
09/03/19 07:53 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Elizabeth Warren: Walmart’s Action on Guns ‘Not Nearly Enough’

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) reacted to Walmart’s decision to ban open carry, discontinue the sale of certain ammunition, and push the Trump administration to pursue greater gun control measures, declaring that its action is “not nearly enough.”
“This is a good start—but it’s not nearly enough,” Warren wrote in response to Walmart’s decision. “Walmart can and should do much more. And we need real gun reform, now”
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon announced the company’s decision in a memo, writing, “We believe the opportunity for someone to misinterpret a situation, even in open carry states, could lead to tragic results.”
“We hope that everyone will understand the circumstances that led to this new policy and will respect the concerns of their fellow shoppers and our associates,” he continued.
As Breitbart News reported:
McMillon said that after talking to people “inside and outside of [Walmart]” the company has also decided to send “letters to the White House” to ask for “common sense measures” on firearms. He said, “Congress and the administration should act.”
Walmart is also discontinuing the sale of ammunition for AR-15 and AK-47 style rifles and will cease all handgun sales in the state of Alaska.
McMillon reportedly expressed openness to discuss an “assault weapons” ban earlier this year. “The reauthorization of the assault weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness in keeping weapons made for war out of the hands of mass murderers,” he asserted.
Warren is not the only Democrat calling for Walmart to do more. While former Vice President Joe Biden said Walmart is taking an “important step,” he pushed for more action as well.
“This is an important step by Walmart, but we must go further,” he wrote, calling for an assault weapons ban.
“If we want to end our gun violence epidemic, we must start by passing universal background checks and banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. It’s your turn to act, Senate Republicans,” he added.
Beto O’Rourke expressed similar sentiments, calling Walmart’s decision a “step in the right direction” but adding, “We can’t rely on corporations to stop gun violence. We need universal background checks, we need red flag laws, and we need to buy back every single assault weapon”
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, and former HUD Secretary Julián Castro expressed similar sentiments.
The NRA released a statement on Walmart’s decision on Tuesday afternoon. decrying it as “shameful” and ineffective:
The strongest defense of freedom has always been our free-market economy. It is shameful to see Walmart succumb to the pressure of the anti-gun elites. Lines at Walmart will soon be replaced by lines at other retailers who are more supportive of America’s fundamental freedoms. The truth is Walmart’s actions today will not make us any safer. Rather than place the blame on the criminal, Walmart has chosen to victimize law-abiding Americans. Our leaders must be willing to approach the problems of crime, violence and mental health with sincerity and honesty.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Walmart to stop selling AR, AK ammo and handguns [Re: Finster] #6609381
09/04/19 08:29 AM
09/04/19 08:29 AM
Michigan
G
Garryowen Offline
trapper
Garryowen  Offline
trapper
G

Michigan
It's up to Walmart to sell what it wants. That said, all they would have needed to do was to not restock certain ammunition and hand guns in Alaska. However they chose to use liberal language to announce their intentions. Also calling on congress for gun control legislation.

This is simply a strategy of divide and conquer. First assault rifles then others as seems reasonable. Liberals also want to compare us to Europe. We have a second amendment and they don't.

What worries me is the liberal willingness to completely destroy our constitution.

Garryowen

Re: Walmart to stop selling AR, AK ammo and handguns [Re: Finster] #6609390
09/04/19 08:35 AM
09/04/19 08:35 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
I Walmart was concerned about there ammo and rifles, why did the sell them? They should have destroyed them. They are just not going to restock the shelves. It cost them nothing. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Walmart to stop selling AR, AK ammo and handguns [Re: Finster] #6609402
09/04/19 08:56 AM
09/04/19 08:56 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
It will cost them a bunch of customers

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Walmart to stop selling AR, AK ammo and handguns [Re: Finster] #6609438
09/04/19 10:13 AM
09/04/19 10:13 AM
S.W.Oregon
newhouse114 Offline
trapper
newhouse114  Offline
trapper

S.W.Oregon
So they will discontinue .308 ammo? So many calibers have now been adapted to the AR platform they might as well just quit selling any ammunition.

Life Member NTA & FTA
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain

http://alaskastoneanivory.com/index
Re: Walmart to stop selling AR, AK ammo and handguns [Re: Finster] #6609442
09/04/19 10:23 AM
09/04/19 10:23 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Also 223 and handgun ammo. But really it is up to them. They have stopped stocking LOTS of products My wife and I use. Certain drinks, cleaners, heck even deodorant I use. I'm not going to whine and cry. If they don't have it just go somewhere that does.
But ANYONE that has had someone shoot up their store will probably make some changes..... This morning Kroger announced they request no more OPEN carry. Didn't say concealed carry.

As for loosing customers ? Won't happen.......................

Re: Walmart to stop selling AR, AK ammo and handguns [Re: Finster] #6609445
09/04/19 10:26 AM
09/04/19 10:26 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I wonder if they will sell biden mags that hold 1 round?

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Walmart to stop selling AR, AK ammo and handguns [Re: Finster] #6609509
09/04/19 12:25 PM
09/04/19 12:25 PM
Fairbanks, Alaska
Pete in Frbks Offline
trapper
Pete in Frbks  Offline
trapper

Fairbanks, Alaska
If they are to be intellectually honest and consistent, they will also:

1. Quit selling smart phones (reduce texting/driving accidents)

2. Quit selling alcohol (reduce DUI's)

3. Quit selling groceries (reduce the obesity epidemic)

Where does it all end?

Pete

Re: Walmart to stop selling AR, AK ammo and handguns [Re: Finster] #6609510
09/04/19 12:26 PM
09/04/19 12:26 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
[Linked Image]

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Walmart to stop selling AR, AK ammo and handguns [Re: Finster] #6609692
09/04/19 07:12 PM
09/04/19 07:12 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
It's a free country, they should do whatever they want. If one is bothered to the point of not shopping there, shop somewhere else. No biggie.
If I was in the market for a gun or some ammo they sell, and it was cheaper there, they'd get the sell.

One thing for sure, if gun/ammo buyers all stop buying at Walmart, they'll stop selling all guns and ammo. That won't help nor hurt anyone much.

Re: Walmart to stop selling AR, AK ammo and handguns [Re: Finster] #6609757
09/04/19 08:58 PM
09/04/19 08:58 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
I've bought a lot of ammo over the years and can't remember ever buying a box at Walmart. The gun control crowd is getting more and more momentum. We have a rough road ahead.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread