No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: adam m] #6611333
09/07/19 12:32 PM
09/07/19 12:32 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline
trapper
coonman220  Offline
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
After what happen, what u expect ? I don't blame them, someone ruin it for everyone else, I could see conceal carry in Walmart, but go in public places with open carry, whatever, I wouldn't, see on news of African American on store cam, with handgun rob store. An asking public help for identify robber, that stuff scary as never know, Walmart in big town close me is ancient, an always out stock on things I need half time, vist Walmart in another big town, much better stock

Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: coonman220] #6611348
09/07/19 01:09 PM
09/07/19 01:09 PM
Ohio
PBS Offline
trapper
PBS  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Originally Posted by coonman220
After what happen, what u expect ? I don't blame them, someone ruin it for everyone else, I could see conceal carry in Walmart, but go in public places with open carry, whatever, I wouldn't, see on news of African American on store cam, with handgun rob store. An asking public help for identify robber, that stuff scary as never know, Walmart in big town close me is ancient, an always out stock on things I need half time, vist Walmart in another big town, much better stock

Can we get an Iowa guy to translate this please?

Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: adam m] #6611352
09/07/19 01:24 PM
09/07/19 01:24 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
I certainly don't blame any company doing business with the public to ban OPEN carry in their stores. The gun owners who parade around with their guns prominently displayed to draw attention to themselves are doing gun owners much more harm than good.

Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: PBS] #6611359
09/07/19 01:40 PM
09/07/19 01:40 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Originally Posted by PBS

Can we get an Iowa guy to translate this please?

"After what happened ( the shootings) what do you expect ?

I dont blame them (for asking folks not to open carry), someone (the shooters) ruined it for everyone else ( all other open carry law abiding citizens).

I can see , or agree with concealed carry in WM, but not open carry in public places , or whatever, I wouldnt do that. smile

Saw on the news of an African American on the store's camera, with a handgun to rob the store.

(the next expression without a period nor explanation of the preceding line about the African American, I have no idea how to paraphrase to logic) .....

The WM in a large town close to me is ancient , and always out of stock on things I need half the time . Visiting WM in another big town , has more available stock ..."

Thats my go at it, PBS smile Reminder.....this attempt in translation by no means expresses the view of the translator in states of legal open carry .

Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: adam m] #6611360
09/07/19 01:41 PM
09/07/19 01:41 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

I do not understand the fear of open carry. Personally I would rather see the firearm in the open, rather than concealed. In a open carry situation at least you have a chance to see if the one carrying the firearm is making an offensive move to engage. This would at least give you a chance to react, either through engagement or taking cover. Someone carrying concealed has the element of surprise. Now neither way bothers me because I'm not scared of guns and I believe it is a God given right for someone to defend themselves.
Now as for a store making a policy not to allow open carry in their establishment, that's completely up to them. My beef with Walmart is that they have sided with the gun grabbers in not selling certain ammo, teaming up with the leftist origination Every town, and calling on Congress to do something about those scary black guns.
Now for those who normally open carry in Walmart,Walgreen's,Kroger,etc., y'all could have fun with this. Go to the front door of such establishments, stop and unholster your firearm, stuff pistol in waist band of pants, and untuck your shirt and cover. Much like you see in the movies when someone is about to knock of a convenience store. At least then you will be respecting the establishments wishes of not carrying openly. wink

Last edited by J Staton; 09/07/19 01:43 PM.
Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: adam m] #6611366
09/07/19 01:51 PM
09/07/19 01:51 PM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
...and then you have this crap going on which does not help the 2nd amendment one bit: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/09/walmart-open-carry-ban-dmitriy-andreychenko.html
So, in light of what has become a trend, what does someone who's a good guy who is - say carrying a 10mm - do when they come across a person going into a store outfitted like that ??
Open fire on him ??
I think it's a good question, and if ti's come down to that - then I mind as well live in Somalia or South Africa.

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: adam m] #6611368
09/07/19 01:53 PM
09/07/19 01:53 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
You might like seeing open carry, but what good does that do if the are many who hate seeing it? It cause some who don't give gun ownership a second though a reason(real or imagined) to be against guns. Gun owners don't need that.

Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: adam m] #6611378
09/07/19 02:10 PM
09/07/19 02:10 PM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
I personally see nothing wrong with carrying handguns - concealed or open - nothing wrong whatsoever.
But I think there's people out there who like to push the limits just to make a statement, and those are the people who are going to ruin it for everyone.

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: adam m] #6611379
09/07/19 02:12 PM
09/07/19 02:12 PM
Ohio
PBS Offline
trapper
PBS  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Originally Posted by Sharon

Thats my go at it, PBS smile Reminder.....this attempt in translation by no means expresses the view of the translator in states of legal open carry .

laugh lol

Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: Big George W] #6611383
09/07/19 02:22 PM
09/07/19 02:22 PM
Ohio
PBS Offline
trapper
PBS  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Originally Posted by Big George W
...and then you have this crap going on which does not help the 2nd amendment one bit: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/09/walmart-open-carry-ban-dmitriy-andreychenko.html

Pretty BOLD move.

[Linked Image]

Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: gryhkl] #6611387
09/07/19 02:27 PM
09/07/19 02:27 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by gryhkl
You might like seeing open carry, but what good does that do if the are many who hate seeing it? It cause some who don't give gun ownership a second though a reason(real or imagined) to be against guns. Gun owners don't need that.

Gun grabbers could care less whether you carry open or concealed. They want them all.
As for the ones who don't give gun ownership a second thought, actions such as Walmart's give the impression to these people that guns are bad, not the one open carrying citizen. Walmart,the MSM, and the left have made law abiding gun owners the villains, not the law abiding open carriers.
Trappers should know full well where compromising leads. Now are these same trappers and gun owners going to compromise again? Fool me once,shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!

Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: coonman220] #6611482
09/07/19 06:05 PM
09/07/19 06:05 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan

Lets ban kids under 6 years old they are not buying anything.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: gryhkl] #6611484
09/07/19 06:11 PM
09/07/19 06:11 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan

I think WM should have some kind of a dress code in some cases, I see things I don't like.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: adam m] #6611548
09/07/19 07:32 PM
09/07/19 07:32 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
I think I have figured out the problem Walmart has with Gun's and ammo. Most Walmart are in larger town or city's. That is where most of the shooting and killing goes on. Open carry in a Dollar store or Dollar General and you will most likely not have a problem because they are located in a lot of small town where most people hunt, fish and trap in the area. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: adam m] #6611604
09/07/19 08:28 PM
09/07/19 08:28 PM
Beaman Iowa 55
M
Mike Cope Offline
trapper
Mike Cope  Offline
trapper
M

Beaman Iowa 55
I try to know where the Walmarts are when I travel on the interstate, If I start to feel the urge to Poop, they do have clean rest rooms...Just sayin...... The only downfall it the auto Flush commodes.

Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: Mike Cope] #6611858
09/08/19 08:04 AM
09/08/19 08:04 AM
Texas Hill Country
C
Cedar Hacker Offline
trapper
Cedar Hacker  Offline
trapper
C

Texas Hill Country
[Linked Image]

Sit on your horse on top of a ridge, look out across the country and tell me there is no God.

Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: adam m] #6611902
09/08/19 09:39 AM
09/08/19 09:39 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
What difference does it make?

Truly do you think the few trappers on this forum will hurt WM if we all stopped buying there? Do you really think WM policy will change the minds of any one voting for gun control? Or against it?
And if it could change the minds of a few, what difference will that make when a large portion of gun owners want to prohibit others from owning guns? Never a month goes by without some member of this forum posting a desire for more gun control.

Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: adam m] #6611906
09/08/19 09:45 AM
09/08/19 09:45 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Does being pro-2nd mean that one must believe there should be no background checks, no limit to the ownership of any weapon including fully automatic rifles, no restrictions what so ever?

Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: gryhkl] #6611939
09/08/19 10:20 AM
09/08/19 10:20 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Does being pro-2nd mean that one must believe there should be no background checks, no limit to the ownership of any weapon including fully automatic rifles, no restrictions what so ever?

Define "Shall not be infringed" and you will get your answer.

Re: Walmart bad to worse [Re: tjm] #6611940
09/08/19 10:22 AM
09/08/19 10:22 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by tjm
What difference does it make?

Truly do you think the few trappers on this forum will hurt WM if we all stopped buying there? Do you really think WM policy will change the minds of any one voting for gun control? Or against it?
And if it could change the minds of a few, what difference will that make when a large portion of gun owners want to prohibit others from owning guns? Never a month goes by without some member of this forum posting a desire for more gun control.

I guess I'll start buying and supporting activities of the animal rights activists, even though I disagree with them. What difference does it make?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread