No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: ] #6610354
09/05/19 07:54 PM
09/05/19 07:54 PM
Oregon
P
PWC Offline
trapper
PWC  Offline
trapper
P

Oregon
Originally Posted by dirtydogtrapping
They say there wasn't enough trappers to support the cost of the state, when they outlawed bobcat trapping how many trappers do you think hung it up.?
Now according to ota the last meeting I sat through anyways they believe if they volunteer to go from 48 hour check to 24 hour check in 2020 this will satisfy our governor, mind you volunteer to give something up to satisfy Kate Brown!!! I want to support OTA but how many trappers are going to hang it up do to there actions. I believe they are catering to the governor more than looking out for the trappers.
What are your feelings about this?

The OTA and its predecessor have been using this technique for decades, over and over, compromising our privileges away, its nothing but a mistake, and it was always a mistake .

This mentality and therefore behavior is deeply rooted inside some of the people involved, and very difficult to overcome.

There are many people who actively support Oregon trapping and do not, and will not,support the OTA because of this exact reason, this is a shame in my opinion.

Seriously look at the message this behavior sends. Do we teach our kids to compromise and offer to give the school yard bully half their lunch money so maybe the bully wont just take of all of it?

How many times can you compromise something before you have nothing worthwhile left?

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610446
09/05/19 09:35 PM
09/05/19 09:35 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
I fear other western states will follow suit. NM legislatures always ask about neighboring states trapping law's. With Colorado and Arizona being cage states already it's a matter of time

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610565
09/06/19 05:07 AM
09/06/19 05:07 AM
Iowa
C
coydog2 Offline
trapper
coydog2  Offline
trapper
C

Iowa

Life member of DAV,NTA,NRA,ITA.Also member of FTA,CBA
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610578
09/06/19 06:09 AM
09/06/19 06:09 AM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline
trapper
T

Michigan
muskrat was right on target ,we all need to be members of are local trappers club ,an the nationals ,if you don't like some thing get involved an change it , we are not always going to agree on everything ,but let your voice be heard at your meeting , do your part to help , we [u p trappers] do a lot with the public ,we send trapping magazines to 38 school , I go too school an talk about the need to trap , I [we] go on radio talk show an talk about why we need trapper , we donate to other outdoor an kid club , we have a kids workshop every winter ,we set up booths at county fairs ,to talk to public about the need for trapping ,we work with the Michigan dnr ,these are just some thing that we as trapper can do to

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: PWC] #6610599
09/06/19 07:18 AM
09/06/19 07:18 AM
NH
T
thebeaverguy Offline
trapper
thebeaverguy  Offline
trapper
T

NH
Originally Posted by PWC
Originally Posted by dirtydogtrapping
They say there wasn't enough trappers to support the cost of the state, when they outlawed bobcat trapping how many trappers do you think hung it up.?
Now according to ota the last meeting I sat through anyways they believe if they volunteer to go from 48 hour check to 24 hour check in 2020 this will satisfy our governor, mind you volunteer to give something up to satisfy Kate Brown!!! I want to support OTA but how many trappers are going to hang it up do to there actions. I believe they are catering to the governor more than looking out for the trappers.
What are your feelings about this?

The OTA and its predecessor have been using this technique for decades, over and over, compromising our privileges away, its nothing but a mistake, and it was always a mistake .

This mentality and therefore behavior is deeply rooted inside some of the people involved, and very difficult to overcome.

There are many people who actively support Oregon trapping and do not, and will not,support the OTA because of this exact reason, this is a shame in my opinion.

Seriously look at the message this behavior sends. Do we teach our kids to compromise and offer to give the school yard bully half their lunch money so maybe the bully wont just take of all of it?

How many times can you compromise something before you have nothing worthwhile left?

"Compromise" as you've described it is nothing but self-destruction on the installment plan and a formula for eventual defeat.

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: Wild_Idaho] #6610649
09/06/19 08:53 AM
09/06/19 08:53 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Originally Posted by Wild_Idaho
Dirty, personally I would not be I favor of giving up a check law. Give an inch they take a mile. Pretty soon Oregon will be like CA. And that will then trickle over to other states

X2

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610870
09/06/19 04:45 PM
09/06/19 04:45 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Lol

Last edited by brianmall; 09/06/19 04:46 PM.
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6610871
09/06/19 04:46 PM
09/06/19 04:46 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Sorry

I didn't review that meme good enough. Had to delete it.

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6611298
09/07/19 11:19 AM
09/07/19 11:19 AM
mn
T
trapperman222 Offline OP
trapper
trapperman222  Offline OP
trapper
T

mn
WHO will be next ?

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6611797
09/08/19 02:20 AM
09/08/19 02:20 AM
Desert Southwest-CA
DezertTrapper Offline
trapper
DezertTrapper  Offline
trapper

Desert Southwest-CA
As a California trapper, I really wish people had thought more about “who’s next” before this happened. Very few people seemed to care while this was going through the legislature, but now everyone cares, because now you realize it might happen to you. Funny how that works. Democrats shoved this law through the legislature without giving any of us a voice. They didn’t care about our rights, only the anti machine and it’s campaign contributions. And now I see things on social media like “hey, maybe we can buy their traps-cheap!” To say I am upset is a gross understatement. I am appalled. As a member of the NTA, I have done what I can to support trappers in other states, but it seems very few never cared enough to fight legislation in mine, after all, it’s just “California.“ the butt of countless jokes-insults, and more-often right here in this forum. . And NOW everyone is worried that they may be next? NOW trappers want to band together? That horse is already left the gate, now that this has happened. It’s not a matter of if, but when, and to who. Tick tock. Tick tock...

Member NTA
Member NRA
Platinum Member: School of Hard Knocks
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: KeithC] #6611815
09/08/19 06:13 AM
09/08/19 06:13 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by KeithC
The democrats just banned trapping for the whole state of California and would happily ban trapping everywhere in the US, but some here will still support them. How do you democrats defend supporting a party that supports the end of fur trapping???

Keith

How could so many people be conned by that grifter in the White House? That's my question.

I am not a democrat, but I could support any Democrat running against the grifter.

Keith, you haven't convinced me that all or even most Democrats would ban trapping. What's your evidence? Can you name these people (outside San Francisco)? What does the party platform say on the subject? Anything on trapping at all?

We should watch the DNC's party platform. If it's changed to call for trapping ban nationwide, there would be big cause for concern; someone could accurately claim that the Dems are against trapping. In that case the wise, principled thing to do would be to not vote for either the grifter or the trap-grabber.

People say that wasting your vote is a vote for a third party. That is only the short term view; the longer view should be bringing more recruits in new party members, By keeping on building enrollment the new members will smell the air and look with pride at their swelling ranks. They will also gain in prestige and power to negotiate terms with each other.

A third party would stand this country well,

Jim

'

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6611833
09/08/19 07:15 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Online content
trapper
trapdog1  Online Content
trapper
T

Iowa
The DNC party platform is scary enough, anti trapping or not.

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6611834
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
I agree with James that a 3rd party would be a good thing, but I don't understand why James is bringing up the current president in this debate. I'm unaware of Trump doing anything to oppose trapping.
I can see where Keith is coming from because the states with the worst trapping laws seem to be blue states.

Last edited by AJE; 09/08/19 07:20 AM.
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6611865
09/08/19 08:16 AM
09/08/19 08:16 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by AJE
I don't understand why James is bringing up the current president in this debate. I'm unaware of Trump doing anything to oppose trapping.

It's what James does. He's a liberal troll. You can't look up most of his troll posts because they've been deleted. But if you've been paying attention there can be no doubt.

Eh...wot?

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: DezertTrapper] #6611868
09/08/19 08:19 AM
09/08/19 08:19 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by DezertTrapper
Democrats shoved this law through the legislature without giving any of us a voice. They didn’t care about our rights, only the anti machine and it’s campaign contributions.

Maybe James brought Trump up to counter the truth told by Keith C and DezertTrapper. He doesn't want folks to believe that liberals like himself and Democrats in general are the enemy of 2A and sportsmen everywhere in this country.

Eh...wot?

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: James] #6611879
09/08/19 08:48 AM
09/08/19 08:48 AM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by KeithC
The democrats just banned trapping for the whole state of California and would happily ban trapping everywhere in the US, but some here will still support them. How do you democrats defend supporting a party that supports the end of fur trapping???

Keith

How could so many people be conned by that grifter in the White House? That's my question.

I am not a democrat, but I could support any Democrat running against the grifter.

Keith, you haven't convinced me that all or even most Democrats would ban trapping. What's your evidence? Can you name these people (outside San Francisco)? What does the party platform say on the subject? Anything on trapping at all?

We should watch the DNC's party platform. If it's changed to call for trapping ban nationwide, there would be big cause for concern; someone could accurately claim that the Dems are against trapping. In that case the wise, principled thing to do would be to not vote for either the grifter or the trap-grabber.

People say that wasting your vote is a vote for a third party. That is only the short term view; the longer view should be bringing more recruits in new party members, By keeping on building enrollment the new members will smell the air and look with pride at their swelling ranks. They will also gain in prestige and power to negotiate terms with each other.

A third party would stand this country well,

Jim Well Jim,I realize this isn't current,but that's because we haven't had a major anti-trap bill on the federal level.But back in the early '80's there was one introduced that went to hearings,NTA president Don Hoyt and Parker Dozhier had all they could do to stop it because that one had some momentum behind it.And if my memory serves me right,the count was 117 Democrat co-sponsers,3 Republican.I don't belong to the Republican party,and I'm a little leary of them in some areas,but there's no way a case can be made the Democratic party is a friend of Trapping or the fur trade.

'

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: James] #6612119
09/08/19 02:28 PM
09/08/19 02:28 PM
Desert Southwest-CA
DezertTrapper Offline
trapper
DezertTrapper  Offline
trapper

Desert Southwest-CA

Keith[/quote]

Keith, you haven't convinced me that all or even most Democrats would ban trapping. What's your evidence? Can you name these people (outside San Francisco)?
'[/quote]

I don't know what you've been smoking....but...it's time to get some help...and face some facts.
The bill was authored by a San Diego democrat. It was passed by democrat assembly, democrat senators, and signed by democrat governor Greusome Newsome. Both of my reps, Republicans, voted NO.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201920200AB273

Member NTA
Member NRA
Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: trapperman222] #6612143
09/08/19 03:04 PM
09/08/19 03:04 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Trying to talk sense to James, or any other liberal, is like beating your head against a wall DezertTrapper, a painful waste of time.. Even if he understands that dems are not sportsmen's friends, and it's really hard to believe anyone could be that obtuse, he will never admit it.

He prefers to continue trolling for attention.

Eh...wot?

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: Jonnytrapper] #6612157
09/08/19 03:24 PM
09/08/19 03:24 PM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Originally Posted by Jonnytrapper
It's still legal to tap "rats, mice, voles, moles and gophers." Guess it's ok to kill to keep your yard looking good but just don't use the animal? !?

YOU BROKE THE CODE!

Re: Caliphony outlaws trapping? [Re: Lugnut] #6612161
09/08/19 03:27 PM
09/08/19 03:27 PM
Desert Southwest-CA
DezertTrapper Offline
trapper
DezertTrapper  Offline
trapper

Desert Southwest-CA
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Trying to talk sense to James, or any other liberal, is like beating your head against a wall DezertTrapper, a painful waste of time.. Even if he understands that dems are not sportsmen's friends, and it's really hard to believe anyone could be that obtuse, he will never admit it.

He prefers to continue trolling for attention.

[Linked Image]

Member NTA
Member NRA
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread