No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
" The Big Butch " / Warren Rogers? #6612553
09/09/19 12:02 AM
09/09/19 12:02 AM
Europe
P
Pest's Dad Offline OP
trapper
Pest's Dad  Offline OP
trapper
P

Europe
Anyone remember a guy, went by the ebay handle " The Big Butch "? He was an extremely well thought of Trap Collector. Sadly passed about fifteen years back. I'm almost sure I remember his name was Warren Rogers? Gerstell showed one of his B&L #1's in his book.

Anyway ..... Cutting to the chase; I got on extremely well with " Uncle Butch ", as I called him. And he mentioned a ~ then ~ youngster he knew. Lad was into vehicle registration plates. I was in england, at that time. I managed to get an english plate and send it to this kid, via Butch.

Youngster would now be a man. I'd like to get in touch with him. Anyone, please feel free to talk to me here, or by PM.

My thanks to the Mod who guided me here.

Re: " The Big Butch " / Warren Rogers? [Re: Pest's Dad] #6612846
09/09/19 02:44 PM
09/09/19 02:44 PM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
To the top.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: " The Big Butch " / Warren Rogers? [Re: Pest's Dad] #6613289
09/10/19 05:57 AM
09/10/19 05:57 AM
RI / MN
C
Cameron Kelsey Offline
trapper
Cameron Kelsey  Offline
trapper
C

RI / MN
Good luck in your search. Hopefully you can find the guy you are looking for.

CWO4, SC, US Navy
Re: " The Big Butch " / Warren Rogers? [Re: Cameron Kelsey] #6613593
09/10/19 03:32 PM
09/10/19 03:32 PM
Europe
P
Pest's Dad Offline OP
trapper
Pest's Dad  Offline OP
trapper
P

Europe
Thanks, guys. I haven't given up in the best part of fifteen years. No intention of doing so now grin

It just bugs me that a friend of a once very dear friend might appreciate what is becoming an ever more desirable old number plate. It's sat on my shelf. And when I go? It'll probably be there till nature reclaims this place.

Just to throw in here; If anyone has a copy of Gerstell knocking about? I'm pretty sure the Blake and Lamb is mentioned in like the introductory chapter of the book? #1? Ancient and funny looking little thing. Something about the pan shape? There's a photo.

It credits the trap as being in the (I'm sure it says) " Warren Rogers Collection ". I'd love clarification. Terrible how the mind shuts down, in so short a time, at this age!

Finally; Just so there's no misreading of my intentions here? I don't want a cent for this plate. I'd be delighted to send it, post paid, through Paul, or who ever. I'm just trying to do this in my old mates memory.

Thanks.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread