No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Re: Climate [Re: rex123] #6612592
09/09/19 06:32 AM
09/09/19 06:32 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
For Zim: "A survey of peer reviewed scientific papers from 1965 to 1979 show that few papers predicted global cooling (7 in total). Significantly more papers (42 in total) predicted global warming (Peterson 2008). The large majority of climate research in the 1970s predicted the Earth would warm as a consequence of CO2. Rather than 1970s scientists predicting cooling, the opposite is the case."

https://skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s-intermediate.htm

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Climate [Re: muddyriverdogz] #6612595
09/09/19 06:42 AM
09/09/19 06:42 AM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by muddyriverdogz
They know from ice core samples from the Arctic that greenhouse gases have not been this high as far as they can go back witch is about 1 million years.

are you suggesting that a correlation in time proves a scientific cause and effect relationship?

Re: Climate [Re: rex123] #6612599
09/09/19 06:52 AM
09/09/19 06:52 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Just one question? If scientist/governments believe we can control climate, why don't we make it rain out west to prevent wildfires? If we have the ability to control climate, controlling weather should be really easy.

James 1: 19-20
Re: Climate [Re: rex123] #6612600
09/09/19 06:53 AM
09/09/19 06:53 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Well I remember watching a film in science class that claimed the oil was about to run out and another ice age was unavoidable. Who knows who was claiming what. There were no computers so access to information was not what it is today. I remember that Charlton Hesston movie you refer to. Remember all the ads promoting it and also going to watch it. There was another movie made also. A little more recently. In 2004. The Day After Tomorrow. In that movie everything freezes.

I suspect if anything has warmed it up a degree or two its all the heat produced to keep buildings warm, produced by vehicles, produced by manufacturing. I have seen the fog that was really pollution dropping down into the L.A. area out of Barstow in the 80's. Had black soot on my semi after spending the night near a steel mill in Pittsburg. (again the 80's) . I like to breath. Air quality is important to me. There is a line though. I like a/c and running water. Like being able to travel 15 miles in 15 minutes rather than 2 hours. I believe any warming that may be human caused is being exaggerated for reasons unrelated to air quality.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Climate [Re: muddyriverdogz] #6612606
09/09/19 07:18 AM
09/09/19 07:18 AM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by muddyriverdogz

two variables. TWO!

how many variables do you think are present within the earth's atmosphere?

that "experiment" accounted for two.

Re: Climate [Re: rex123] #6612607
09/09/19 07:21 AM
09/09/19 07:21 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Here's your "proof" of global warming:

https://principia-scientific.org/nasa-exposed-in-massive-new-climate-data-fraud/
https://www.naturalnews.com/045695_global_warming_fabricated_data_scientific_fraud.html
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...ped-manipulated-global-warming-data.html

Plenty more where that came from with a little research. However, the Left keeps screaming about this fraud and the rubes keep believing it.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Climate [Re: rex123] #6612609
09/09/19 07:24 AM
09/09/19 07:24 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

Re: Climate [Re: danny clifton] #6612622
09/09/19 07:49 AM
09/09/19 07:49 AM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
Originally Posted by danny clifton
brian, your superstition is about as accurate as the climatologists at least.

Danny - I am still praying that God reveals Himself to you before you stand before Him. I often wonder why you try to explain away God.....Brian is correct as the Bible says. Man is in control of the climate just like he is over his next breath and the days of his life.

Re: Climate [Re: rex123] #6612630
09/09/19 08:00 AM
09/09/19 08:00 AM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

0.04 percent.

wanna bet the concentration of co2 in muddydogz little experiment significantly exceeds that????????

Re: Climate [Re: rex123] #6612654
09/09/19 08:48 AM
09/09/19 08:48 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Delingpole: Ship of Fools VI – Arctic ‘Global Warming’ Mission Scuppered By Mysterious Hard White Substance

Yet another greenie expedition to the Arctic to raise awareness of ‘global warming’ has been scuppered by unexpected large quantities of ice. This brings to a total of six the number of Ship of Fools expeditions where weather reality has made a mockery of climate theory.
According to Maritime Bulletin:
Arctic tours ship MS MALMO with 16 passengers on board got stuck in ice on Sep 3 off Longyearbyen, Svalbard Archipelago, halfway between Norway and North Pole. The ship is on Arctic tour with Climate Change documentary film team, and tourists, concerned with Climate Change and melting Arctic ice. All 16 Climate Change warriors were evacuated by helicopter in challenging conditions, all are safe. 7 crew remains on board, waiting for Coast Guard ship assistance.
The reporter, Erofey Schkvarkin clearly has a sense of humour. He adds:
Something is very wrong with Arctic ice, instead of melting as ordered by UN/IPCC, it captured the ship with Climate Change Warriors.
It appears the mainstream media has failed to get the memo. Here is a tweet from Reuters which appeared after the ship got stuck in ice. (h/t Stewgreen)
Here’s another hysterical story about Longyearbyen written by the Guardian earlier in the year – with a correction that puts the nonsense in context.
Here is the Ship of Fools list of shame
Ship of Fools 1 Australian climate researcher Chris Turkey and a crew of climate alarmists on a mission to demonstrate just how much Antarctic ice has been affected by global warming get stuck in unexpectedly thick ice and have to be rescued by helicopter.
Ship of Fools II Arctic expedition led by veteran explorer David Hempleman-Adams to raise awareness of “permanent irreversible change in the sea ice landscape of the Arctic” caused by global warming is ruined by unexpectedly large quantities of ice.
Ship of Fools III Global warming research study in Canada cancelled because of ice. “It became clear to me very quickly that these weren’t just heavy ice conditions, these were unprecedented ice conditions” claims the lead scientist, blaming it on “climate change fully in action” and calling it “a wake up call for all of us in this country.”
Ship of Fools IV Arctic Mission sailing expedition to North Pole to raise awareness of global warming has to turn back after yachts find their passage blocked by large quantities of unexpected frozen white substance.
Ship of Fools V Scientists, students, filmmakers from University of Rhode Island’s Inner Space Center on a mission to “document climate change effects” in the Canadian Arctic Archipelago have to be rescued after the ship is damaged after grounding on unexpected hard, bluey-white substance floating on the sea.
Do you think someone up there is trying to tell these people something
Source: https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...bal-warming-expedition-scuppered-by-ice/

Last edited by Finster; 09/09/19 08:49 AM.

Re: Climate [Re: rex123] #6612664
09/09/19 09:06 AM
09/09/19 09:06 AM
Maine
M
mainer Offline
trapper
mainer  Offline
trapper
M

Maine
It's perfectly reasonable to reject the climate change hysteria, the doom and gloom predictions, and the broader politicization of climate science... while at the same time accept the scientific evidence for global warming. The latter does not necessarily lead to the former.

There are well-respected scientists who have not made those fundamental mistakes, and who've been careful NOT to claim more than the evidence and models can predict.

For instance, Freeman Dyson, Richard Lindzen, Judith Curry, Robert Davis, Ivar Giaever and many others are skeptical of the frantic predictions that we all seem to feed on. The key disagreements here are with the current predictive models and the claimed accuracy of the IPCC climate projections.

"...in a very few days we succeeded in taking over one hundred beaver, the skins of which were worth ten dollars per pound."
Jim Beckwourth (1856)
Re: Climate [Re: rex123] #6612687
09/09/19 09:35 AM
09/09/19 09:35 AM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
I always wonder why the ones that are so sure the end is in sight from global warming, don't quit using fossil fuel if that is the problem. I don't know any of them that have stopped driving and heating or cooling their house. Some how everyone else is the problem and should be the ones giving up fuel.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Climate [Re: rex123] #6612738
09/09/19 11:02 AM
09/09/19 11:02 AM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
In the 1970s, when I was in School in NYC, be it public or Cathloic or Lutheren [I bounced around quite a bit...] one thing was always taught and that is how the climates have changed over the millions and millions and millions of years as a result of overpopulation resulting in extinctions of life forms.

I remember learning what killed off the dinosaurs was how their numbers became too great and they wiped out all their plant forms which they consumed, hence they starved to death.
Of course, the predators probably liked that - making the plant eaters easier targets - but once they perished, then so did others who preyed of them.

We see it on smaller scales with our own wildlife.

The nice thing about our Planet is that it always seems to bounce back.

It might take millions and millions of more years, but somehow she does give life again.

The difference I see now is how mankind has the ability to do things which the animals never could [industry, changing entire landscapes...] and with the human numbers going way way way up, it's only a matter of time until we too become extinct.

Could you imagine life on our planet with 15 billion people ??

My concern these days is solar energy - because all those panels get super hot and reflect all that heat back into the atmosphere.
As the number of solar usage increases [which I view as a very bad idea...] I bet that helps heat things up too.

My other concern is all the RF energy that is in the air due to the abundance of everything going wireless.

I don't think fossil fuels are the problem.
I think our numbers are becoming slowly unsustainable.

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Climate [Re: rex123] #6612762
09/09/19 11:38 AM
09/09/19 11:38 AM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline OP
trapper
rex123  Offline OP
trapper

KY.usa
Big George W , you sir have hit on the problem.There is just plain to many of us but that is a problem no one wants to face.

Re: Climate [Re: MJM] #6612772
09/09/19 12:04 PM
09/09/19 12:04 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by MJM
I always wonder why the ones that are so sure the end is in sight from global warming, don't quit using fossil fuel if that is the problem. I don't know any of them that have stopped driving and heating or cooling their house. Some how everyone else is the problem and should be the ones giving up fuel.

Because peons like you and I are supposed to do as we are told and not what the Libtard's do. Don't ask questions, don't think differently, don't look at evidence or the lack thereof. Just do as your told.

Re: Climate [Re: Big George W] #6612778
09/09/19 12:19 PM
09/09/19 12:19 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Big George W
In the 1970s, when I was in School in NYC, be it public or Cathloic or Lutheren [I bounced around quite a bit...] one thing was always taught and that is how the climates have changed over the millions and millions and millions of years as a result of overpopulation resulting in extinctions of life forms.

I remember learning what killed off the dinosaurs was how their numbers became too great and they wiped out all their plant forms which they consumed, hence they starved to death.
Of course, the predators probably liked that - making the plant eaters easier targets - but once they perished, then so did others who preyed of them.

We see it on smaller scales with our own wildlife.

The nice thing about our Planet is that it always seems to bounce back.

It might take millions and millions of more years, but somehow she does give life again.

The difference I see now is how mankind has the ability to do things which the animals never could [industry, changing entire landscapes...] and with the human numbers going way way way up, it's only a matter of time until we too become extinct.

Could you imagine life on our planet with 15 billion people ??

My concern these days is solar energy - because all those panels get super hot and reflect all that heat back into the atmosphere.
As the number of solar usage increases [which I view as a very bad idea...] I bet that helps heat things up too.

My other concern is all the RF energy that is in the air due to the abundance of everything going wireless.

I don't think fossil fuels are the problem.
I think our numbers are becoming slowly unsustainable.

I have seen no evidence of any of your statements. It seems the evidence points to the extinction of the dinosaurs (mostly) from a cataclysmic meteor hit. The have even found the crater and the fossil record shows this. It's pretty much known, proven science at this point with tons of real evidence.
Solar panels are not really making things "hotter" They use that energy to make electric. Any energy getting "reflected" back into the atmosphere would only make things cooler. Much like the polar ice caps that reflect a lot more solar radiation than all the solar panels combined to about the 10th power.
RF energy again is miniscule in the grand scheme of things. You have fallen into a trap mindset. You are thinking humans are much more substantial than we are. Although we may wipe ourselves out at some point, it won't be from destroying the earth like some kind of Dr. Suess book. The earth will be just fine. Your concerns would be better used worrying about things like Iran building nukes(which they will use). Islam which will eventually take over the world at current rates. Or half of our country trying to take away the rights from the other half of the country. The earth maybe or maybe not raising 2 degrees over the next century is not a concern. It is nothing more than fear mongering from the left. Do 5 minutes of real research.

Re: Climate [Re: rex123] #6612801
09/09/19 01:21 PM
09/09/19 01:21 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
My Google news feed has been blowing up for the past 3 days about asteroid strikes becoming more likely... So I wouldn't sweat the climate change too much.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Climate [Re: rex123] #6612807
09/09/19 01:35 PM
09/09/19 01:35 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.

I remember seeing a timeline in Scientific American where since the 1800s, every few years people predicted either ice ages or heat waves. Nobody truthfully knows if temperatures will rise or fall and how much humans effect global temperature, or even if we are making the temperature better or worse for human life by our activities.

The whole now climate change movement is about making money and garnering votes.

Keith

Re: Climate [Re: rex123] #6612809
09/09/19 01:39 PM
09/09/19 01:39 PM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Every person currently on the planet could live in a 1,200sqft house and all of those houses could fit in the State of Alaska. Part of each house could grow all the food they need.

This planet is so far from being overcrowded! Y'all are astoundingly ignorant and completely ridiculous!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Re: Climate [Re: James] #6612811
09/09/19 01:41 PM
09/09/19 01:41 PM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Originally Posted by James
For Zim: "A survey of peer reviewed scientific papers from 1965 to 1979 show that few papers predicted global cooling (7 in total). Significantly more papers (42 in total) predicted global warming (Peterson 2008). The large majority of climate research in the 1970s predicted the Earth would warm as a consequence of CO2. Rather than 1970s scientists predicting cooling, the opposite is the case."

https://skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s-intermediate.htm

All of which has vastly more to do with who controls the grant money than actual science. Doh!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread