No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6616020
09/13/19 01:08 PM
09/13/19 01:08 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Putting vaporized glycerin and oils into your lungs; sounds like a great idea, what could go wrong?

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: KeithC] #6616054
09/13/19 02:20 PM
09/13/19 02:20 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by KeithC
Originally Posted by Tray
Easy to go and check the list of flavors and see that they are targeting and marketing to kids. It’s become a big problem in many high schools around here and now even middle school kids are doing it.

I think most smokers only liked the flavor of tobacco because they were addicted to it. I have never used any tobacco product and besides some flavored pipe smoke, tobacco smoke has always smelled terrible to me. Adults actually enjoy the many flavors of E-juice. I am sure I'm not the only one here who has been in Krogers, Walmart or some other store and seen some adult woman or man get in a tizzy, because the store was out of some fruity sounding, E-juice flavor.

Keith

I don't smoke cigarettes,,but love the smell ,of tobacco.Espscially the smell of a camel non filter.Dont much care for the smell of them vapes.Smells like honey nut cherios or lucky charms or something.

Last edited by upstateNY; 09/13/19 02:21 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6616055
09/13/19 02:24 PM
09/13/19 02:24 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
There are thousands of different E-juice flavors. Some E-juice has no nicotine at all.

Keith

Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6616125
09/13/19 03:52 PM
09/13/19 03:52 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Not saying it's a worthwhile thing to do, putting anything foreign into your lungs, don't sound like a good idea to me !

However having grown up with parents who were heavy smokers, I'd take a nice smelling vape release to any type of smoke any day of the week !!

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: M.S. Pickins] #6616131
09/13/19 03:56 PM
09/13/19 03:56 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by M.S. Pickins
Well the kids are just gonna have to smoke the real deal. Surely that will save them.

Heck,,we used to sneak out back of the barn and smoke dried corn silk when I was younger. smile

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6616149
09/13/19 04:09 PM
09/13/19 04:09 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Grew up in a tobacco farming family. It paid our bills. Worked in green tobacco and also in dry tobacco in the warehouses. Nothing smells better than a ride through the countryside in the 1950s on a humid night, while passing wood-fired flu curing barns of tobacco. We drove slower back then, our windows were always down, and that tobacco smelled great. Dad knew all the neighbors and we often took drives just to look at everyone's crops.

My parents were smokers. It killed dad in his 60s. Mom quit. Lived to 100. Somehow I never started, but almost all my friends smoked. People smoked where I worked. Our doctors smoked back then and it killed them too. I have no evidence that second-hand smoke ever harmed me, but this summer I have had surgery for kidney cancer and colon cancer. My belly looks like I was in the Battle of Wounded Knee with General Custer. Been shot with a quiver of arrows and run over by a horse.

Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6616204
09/13/19 05:07 PM
09/13/19 05:07 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
He's one thing a lot of folks on here are missing. Vaping and smoking are two completely different things. They may look the same but that's it. No combustion happens with vaping. Therefore (and again, I'm not saying it's a health food) the carcinogens that you get from burning tobacco are nonexistent in vaping. Both of the major chemicals propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin are nonreactive in the human body. they are benign. In fact, some hospitals actually spray a fine mist of propylene glycol in the air ducts to help keep down germs and viruses. Before I started vaping 4 years ago, I researched this extensively. I wanted to make sure that it was not going to be worse than smoking. I even asked my doctor. He was in total agreement that I should switch from tobacco to vaping and told me that in his opinion, from the research he had read, it was beyond a vast improvement though not 100% safe. He actually recommended it, though he did stress the point that I should just breath air instead. However, he did state that the "95% safer than cigarettes" comments that have been made on the subject were probably not far off the mark.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6616249
09/13/19 06:15 PM
09/13/19 06:15 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: Finster] #6616272
09/13/19 06:52 PM
09/13/19 06:52 PM
Missouri
B
Broomchaser Offline
trapper
Broomchaser  Offline
trapper
B

Missouri
Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by charles
Imagine how well you would perform and feel if you would quit and allow your heart and lungs to recover.

Don’t worry, the tax is coming, and it will be big, as it should be. Sorry we disagree.

My income taxes, and my healthcare premiums are being used to prolong the lives of cancer and heart patients who are smoking themselves to death. For God’s sake, look at the mortality tables. Smoking is a bad bet. Everybody looses.

If you are going that route, how about banning Burger King, Mickey D's, Potato chips and all of the other food that makes people fat. After all, overweight illnesses such as heart disease, diabetes, mobility issues, lung issues, circulatory problems and the like can all be blamed on people overeating and eating the wrong foods. Maybe the government should step in for everyone's own good? Since apparently people want the government to raise their children instead of doing it themselves, perhaps the government should take the children from mothers and fathers that let their children get over weight or to skinny?

Can't do it if they are here illegally.

Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US.
Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6616279
09/13/19 07:05 PM
09/13/19 07:05 PM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

If you smoke you should probably switch to vaping, but you probably shouldn't start either.
I think the main issue here is that it is being blatantly marketed to kids, and there is no oversight on what goes into vape products.

I would guess that the recent health problems are most likely due not to the glycerin vape liquid, but to oils associated with THC products.
Vaporized oils of just about any type have been long associated with causing terrible lung problems including death.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6616314
09/13/19 08:50 PM
09/13/19 08:50 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Do you really trust the government to oversee what goes into the products you consume?

Think on that a while.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6616347
09/13/19 09:39 PM
09/13/19 09:39 PM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi
All deaths reportedly caused by vaping have been caused by black market thc cartridges with vitamin e not nicotine vape juice. As far as kids vaping because of flavors, I call bull, when i was in high school we had "smokers hill" right across the street from school off school grounds. All the smokes hit the ground when the police drove by and were picked up when they turned the next corner. I am sure most people on here had a similar places at their schools too. I am 38 and use a juul device with mocha pods from loon pods in MN I smoked Marlboro reds since I was 12 until about a year ago and feel so much better and smell better too. So much wrong about outlawing a product with no evidence of harm (see also man made climate change) I know a lot of people here dont care either way but it's just another thing to regulate people out of free choice. Grandma always said watch out if law makers say,"we need this to save the children," they are pulling the wool over your eyes. This is no different.

Life sure is tough when you don't learn from the mistakes of others.
Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6616494
09/14/19 04:49 AM
09/14/19 04:49 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
How about liberty? Freedom means you get to make bad choices as well as good ones.

Do you really think the government should decide whether or not your allowed to smoke and eat a brisket with all the carcinogens and cholesterol in the meal? Perhaps the government should ban all protein not plant based except for one serving of fish a week.

With all the deaths resulting from people driving motor vehicles they should be banned. Riding a bicycle should require licensing and a full suit of armor.

People shouldn't be allowed to keep the money they earn either. It should all belong to the government. It can be distributed to people according to their need rather than letting people have what they earn and doing with it what they will.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: Aaron Proffitt] #6616546
09/14/19 07:49 AM
09/14/19 07:49 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
Six people. That's how many people may have died due to vapes. This is stupid.

Agree.

And if it is 600 or 6 million, the feds should not regulate what adults put in their bodies.

Labels and warnings, OK but a ban--not good policy. Keep it from kids, sure.

I don't vape. It's weird.

Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6616569
09/14/19 08:22 AM
09/14/19 08:22 AM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
Our lungs are not made to take in anything else in quantity but clean fresh air.
Jim

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Re: Banning flavored E-cigarettes [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6616577
09/14/19 08:41 AM
09/14/19 08:41 AM
nunya,ks
T
tbn Offline
trapper
tbn  Offline
trapper
T

nunya,ks
Bingo! And if you make a bad choice, you get ill and let the state pay you each month. Sounds fair.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread