No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: Trapper7] #6619393
09/18/19 12:52 AM
09/18/19 12:52 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Then there is Japan, which has almost no Christian tradition at all.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: James] #6619399
09/18/19 03:24 AM
09/18/19 03:24 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Saskayote
I don’t disagree at all with the opening thread, I think it is bang on, but how do you explain the lack of mass shootings in other countries, countries like Canada, which is far, far, far less openly Christian than the USA? We too were built on Christian principles, by Christians and yet mass shootings are rare as a 100 dollar South Carolina coyote.

Population alone? Higher ratio of nuts? We should be having mass shootings galore based on our extreme hatred of anything Christian and our liberal laws regarding morality.

Same for France, Germany, etc., and other places that have forgotten, nay, pushed out God?

Originally Posted by James

Jim

How many Christians are required to be in a nation for God to bless it?

-Goofy-
Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: Trapper7] #6619404
09/18/19 05:13 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
superstition has no bearing on this problem. focusing on fairy tales doesn't solve problems.

kids took guns to school when I was a kid too. we had just as many nut cases then. nut cases knew people would fight back if they did something horrible.

it wasn't a crime for a kid being bullied to waylay the bully and put a stop to it. kids today are taught by the school administrators to be victims.

I would get fired if I was a deputy. its hard for me to believe they have found people to write kids a ticket for tobacco and arrest them for fighting.

what kind of principal kicks a kid out of school for showing up with the pocket knife he skins coons with?

superstition has NOTHING to do with the frustration kids are dealing with at school.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: James] #6619405
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn

Jim

True but it still has a religious foundation that promotes a set of moral beliefs and proper behavior associated with it, and if you have ever been there during a religious holiday and seen the number of people that crowd into the shrines and temples you would know that even though they might profess to be Unreligious there is a heavy exposure to the principles and beliefs it provides

And then again it is a completely different culture being one that promotes collective and not a individual beliefs

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: Saskayote] #6619446
09/18/19 07:24 AM
09/18/19 07:24 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by Saskayote
I don’t disagree at all with the opening thread, I think it is bang on, but how do you explain the lack of mass shootings in other countries, countries like Canada, which is far, far, far less openly Christian than the USA? We too were built on Christian principles, by Christians and yet mass shootings are rare as a 100 dollar South Carolina coyote.

Population alone? Higher ratio of nuts? We should be having mass shootings galore based on our extreme hatred of anything Christian and our liberal laws regarding morality.

Same for France, Germany, etc., and other places that have forgotten, nay, pushed out God?

I believe it to be population. Canada has 54 cities with a population of 100,000 or more, while the U.S. has 349. The majority of what are considered mass shootings are gang related. Since gangs are most common in urban centers, it leads me to this conclusion.
As for Christianity, if it's principles were followed by all (thou shall not murder), there would be no mass shootings. As population centers grow and religious principles are swept away, it will only lead to more carnage. IMO.

James 1: 19-20
Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: Trapper7] #6619465
09/18/19 07:56 AM
09/18/19 07:56 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
Possum Man said
The only thing that will stop shootings is the victims shooting back. You can try to pray it away all you like but it hasnt stopped anything yet. My plan is to be armed at all possible times and try my best to stay away from gun free zones. But until everyone else starts carrying these things will just continue.

I agree with that even though the shooter in Dayton Ohio shot 17 killing 9 before being killed himself by police a mere 32 seconds after the first shot was fired. Shooters are sociopaths or psychopaths and have no sense of value for the lives of others. We have to create a situation where what they do value is threatened in the event they attempt to harm others. I think the others being armed and capable of shooting back goes a long way towards that goal.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: Trapper7] #6619575
09/18/19 10:55 AM
09/18/19 10:55 AM
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline
trapper
J.Morse  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Michigan
It is a complicated thing that some dope like me can not wrap his mind around at all. One thing is the coddling we do to all the so-called victims out there. My Bride is watching NBC right this moment, and they just, moments ago, had on a segment about the proper way of "counseling" today's children to deal with their feelings concerning Climate Change! I absolutely sh** you not!

We are all doomed.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: Trapper7] #6619654
09/18/19 01:03 PM
09/18/19 01:03 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Online content
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Online Content
Y

Marion Kansas
If you are trying to guage the influence of Christianity based solely off the # of mass shootings in a country your not looking at the big picture. As a country we started to move away from God and a lot of negative things started to increase. We are starting to make things that are bad legal and things that are good illegal. I'm pretty simple but I can see the connection. Some people have chosen not to see the connection because of personal reasons but the connection is still there. Hard to compare this country to other countries because I dont believe there's another country that's founded on individual freedoms such as this country. I believe some of our founders warned that when we lose are moral way we will not be able to keep our freedoms.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: Trapper7] #6619658
09/18/19 01:07 PM
09/18/19 01:07 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

satan doesn’t need to work as hard in 3rd world countries, they’re already circling the bowl. lol

-Goofy-
Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: James] #6619659
09/18/19 01:08 PM
09/18/19 01:08 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline OP
trapper
Trapper7  Offline OP
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
What a simple solution: change the culture.

How realistic is that approach?

Jim

It is realistic since the culture changed from what it used to be in my day.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6619673
09/18/19 01:23 PM
09/18/19 01:23 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Online content
Yes sir  Online Content
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
satan doesn’t need to work as hard in 3rd world countries, they’re already circling the bowl. lol

A lot of truth there

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: Yes sir] #6619676
09/18/19 01:27 PM
09/18/19 01:27 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline OP
trapper
Trapper7  Offline OP
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Yes sir
If you are trying to guage the influence of Christianity based solely off the # of mass shootings in a country your not looking at the big picture. As a country we started to move away from God and a lot of negative things started to increase. We are starting to make things that are bad legal and things that are good illegal. I'm pretty simple but I can see the connection. Some people have chosen not to see the connection because of personal reasons but the connection is still there. Hard to compare this country to other countries because I dont believe there's another country that's founded on individual freedoms such as this country. I believe some of our founders warned that when we lose are moral way we will not be able to keep our freedoms.

I believe your last sentence is right on, brother.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: Trapper7] #6619679
09/18/19 01:29 PM
09/18/19 01:29 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
It has taken us many years to get to this point, it will take many more years to get this country turned around if it is possible. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: James] #6619688
09/18/19 01:39 PM
09/18/19 01:39 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma

Jim

True. But personal accountability is almost a religion unto itself over there.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: EdP] #6619695
09/18/19 01:50 PM
09/18/19 01:50 PM
carolina, Alabama
The Possum Man Offline
trapper
The Possum Man  Offline
trapper

carolina, Alabama
Originally Posted by EdP
Possum Man said
The only thing that will stop shootings is the victims shooting back. You can try to pray it away all you like but it hasnt stopped anything yet. My plan is to be armed at all possible times and try my best to stay away from gun free zones. But until everyone else starts carrying these things will just continue.

I agree with that even though the shooter in Dayton Ohio shot 17 killing 9 before being killed himself by police a mere 32 seconds after the first shot was fired. Shooters are sociopaths or psychopaths and have no sense of value for the lives of others. We have to create a situation where what they do value is threatened in the event they attempt to harm others. I think the others being armed and capable of shooting back goes a long way towards that goal.

The key thing there being THE POLICE killed him. They were very lucky the police were so close by. The videos i saw of it were all the people running scared away from the idiot shooting people. Now think if just HALF the crowd that got fired on immediately drew and returned fire within say 3 seconds that would have changed the outcome of that scenario drastically.

"If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough"
Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: Trapper7] #6619727
09/18/19 03:24 PM
09/18/19 03:24 PM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
Why dont we simplify this and just say the concept of heaven and (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) .the concept of eternal damnation has been a part of most all religions.and all religions are under attack by an increasingly secular society . I think it is a contributing factor but not the root . There have always been athiest and there have semi automatic guns for many decades. Very few of USA's mass killings are Jihadists.

I think it has more to do with the fact these people can socialize with other people that think it would be cool to kill a bunch of pepole in neer anonymity .then they can practice shooting people as many hours a day as they can stay awake.The games even train them how to use these weapons and select which guns work best in which situations . Which body armor would work best for the return fire they might encounter .These games can be highly technical training programs for mass shootings . I find it hard to beleive that most of these guys could go from a no shooting background to deciding on a weapon and accuiring a weapon learning how to use it , picking out their tactical gear learning how to use it without sombody saying hay this guys up to no good maybe i should call the authorities. If you know exactly what you want when you go to buy a weapon nobodies going to question you.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: Trapper7] #6619731
09/18/19 03:27 PM
09/18/19 03:27 PM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
Many of these people arnt the bullied type outcast they are the bullying type outcast

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: Trapper7] #6619739
09/18/19 03:39 PM
09/18/19 03:39 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

How come none of us that used to shoot each other with BB guns or choke each other out haven’t participated in a mass shooting or doesn’t that qualify because it wasn’t on a television screen?

-Goofy-
Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: James] #6619744
09/18/19 03:57 PM
09/18/19 03:57 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Online content
trapper
Dirt  Online Content
trapper
D

Armpit, ak

Jim

Are you advocating for Japanese gun laws?

Who is John Galt?
Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End [Re: Trapper7] #6619770
09/18/19 04:21 PM
09/18/19 04:21 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Japans non Christian history was very evident in the brutality they used until we nuked them into submission.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread